Star Wars : Rogue One

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My problem with the Phasma character isn't the lack of screen time. It's that the made her into some fucking incompetent boob.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm slightly hopeful for this film because of Mendelsohn and Whitaker. I think Mendelsohn was amazing in Bloodlines and I've liked Whitaker a long time (his turn on The Shield was perfect). However, I was equally excited for Oscar Isaac and his character felt completely uninteresting in TFA, so I hope they make better use of the talent this time.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
James Earl Jones isn't getting any younger! Need one more turn as Vader so we can forever forget the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Not familiar with the vidjya game katarn was in, but if it makes you feel better, dark troopers are in the star wars commander game. It's a disney game, but I'm not sure it's considered canon.
Kyle Katarn is one of the oldest pieces of the EU because of Dark Forces. If i remember right, Dark Forces was the Mac's answer to Doom back in 1994. (Doom being PC only). Then Dark Forces came to PC. TLDR: Kyle Katarn stole the plans for the Death Star I in the first level. The rest of the game is about him dismantling the Dark Trooper Project before ESB. At the end, Darth Vader comments, "The Force is Strong with This one." 4-5 years later, they release Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, and Katarn is the second post Return of the Jedi force user. The story could go either way, with Katarn allying with Skywalker and rebuilding the Jedi Order, or going Dark Side and becoming the new Emperor. Fast forward to 2002, and you get Jedi Outcast on the Quake 3 Engine (Q3 games FTW). Needless to say, Katarn in this movie would rock my socks.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
It's been 40 years. Haven't they found like a million people who can do the voice by now?
Vader in the "Force Unleashed" series was voiced by Matt "Chad Vader" Sloan, some random dude that started out making funny Vader parodies on Youtube, and he sounded pretty much identical to the classic Vader.

Plus I'm sure these days they can do wonders with some computers to make Justin Bieber sound like James Earl Jones.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't know how nobody here put these pieces together, but from the very first line, I thought she said 'Jan Ors' was her name. Which is phonetically very close to 'Jyn Erso'. And yeah, the stealing of the Death Star plans seems oddly similar to the opening of Dark Forces. And the 'dark troopers' line up with the plot of Dark Forces. And the guy in the jacket looks a lot like Kyle Katarn. And the dude in the Grand Admiral's outfit seems rather Thrawny (not in the Dark Forces series, but tied in through Tie Fighter, and Mara Jade later being Katarn's apprentice).

To some extent, it really looks so far like they're borrowing HEAVILY from the EU/game series and changing some names to avoid any issues.

Caliane

Vader in the "Force Unleashed" series was voiced by Matt "Chad Vader" Sloan, some random dude that started out making funny Vader parodies on Youtube, and he sounded pretty much identical to the classic Vader.

Plus I'm sure these days they can do wonders with some computers to make Justin Bieber sound like James Earl Jones.
Kindof crazy there is no great impersonator.
They replaced Dumbledore. And tons of other characters over the years. Its a bit silly to think Vader can't be done.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
James Earl Jones has been voicing Vader for the Rebels show for a few episodes. It's not like they put him in the suit. He could be recording on the toilet for all we know. Why replace him if you don't have to?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Matt Sloan all the way. Only because I eagerly awaiting the bitching if they they replace with a white dude. Hilarity ensues.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not familiar with the vidjya game katarn was in, but if it makes you feel better, dark troopers are in the star wars commander game. It's a disney game, but I'm not sure it's considered canon.
He was the hero in Dark Forces/ Dark forces 2 , which was a DooM clone with lightsaber combat, and may be a little dated at this point. I think you can get the jist of the story if you play one of the greatest Video Games of all time: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast , especially if you turn on realistic one cut/one kill combat. The games are numbered like the fucking Rambo movies, but very good for their time.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Trailer seemed meh.

If the trailer didnt have the music, you guys would all be meh. But your feels are getting the best of you.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Don't know how nobody here put these pieces together, but from the very first line, I thought she said 'Jan Ors' was her name. Which is phonetically very close to 'Jyn Erso'. And yeah, the stealing of the Death Star plans seems oddly similar to the opening of Dark Forces. And the 'dark troopers' line up with the plot of Dark Forces. And the guy in the jacket looks a lot like Kyle Katarn. And the dude in the Grand Admiral's outfit seems rather Thrawny (not in the Dark Forces series, but tied in through Tie Fighter, and Mara Jade later being Katarn's apprentice).

To some extent, it really looks so far like they're borrowing HEAVILY from the EU/game series and changing some names to avoid any issues.
And that's a good thing!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Trailer looks fun. Trekfags just jelly that Disney couldn't buy trek.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

That would have been great. I'm much rather have some good Star Trek TV shows than Star Wars, and CBS has fucked that pooch.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Trailer looks fun. Trekfags just jelly that Disney couldn't buy trek.
And JJ Abrams would probably be in charge of it still
wink.png