Star Wars : Rogue One

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if spoiler

If the new comics are canon he doesn't fail at the end of rogue one, he fails at the end of a new hope.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes but

According to the new comics they make it clear vader let the rebels get away with the plans so he could track them back to their base, eventually leading him to Leia. He didn't know about the exhaust port weakness and so it backfired.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes but

According to the new comics they make it clear vader let the rebels get away with the plans so he could track them back to their base, eventually leading him to Leia. He didn't know about the exhaust port weakness and so it backfired.
Kinda far fetched, don't you think? That is re writing star wars because vader only wanted the plans, in the beginning and only knew about the base's location after threatening to blow up Alderaan, which he still did it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How is it rewriting? He wants the base, leaks the plans, tracks them, loses them while gaining Leia, forces Leia to reveal the location of the rebel base.

Caliane

Stormtrooper: [to Vader] The Death Star plans are not in the main computer.
Darth Vader: [to Rebel] Where are those transmissions you intercepted? What have you done with those plans?
Rebel Officer: [gasping for breath] We intercepted no transmissions. This is a consular ship. We're on a diplomatic mission...
Darth Vader: If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador? [crushes the officer's neck, then throws him against the wall] Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans, and bring me the passengers. I want them alive!
He is clearly after the plans first.

Catching a Rebel spy is secondary.
they THEN do interrogate her. Asking for a military target.

Princess Leia Organa: [smirking] Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not stand for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic--
Darth Vader: Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.
Princess Leia Organa: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan--
Darth Vader: You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! [to the Stormtroopers] Take her away!
[Leia is taken away]
Imperial Officer: [to Vader] Holding her is dangerous. If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the rebellion in the Senate.
Darth Vader: I have traced the Rebel spies to her. Now she is my only link to finding their secret base.
Imperial Officer: She'll die before she'll tell you anything.
Darth Vader: Leave that to me.
Again, asking for the plans. But then, second, we use her to get the location of the base.
A key point here, might be. the Plans were bait.. but they were never supposed to actually get them.
I have traced the Rebel spies to her
so, it could be, there was a plan and a trap to catch a Rebel officer. but, the Rebels outmaneuvered and actually got their hands on the plans.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pretty easy, make "Emperor's previous number 1 dude" character, he fails and lets plans leak, Vader kills him and ascends further in the political/military system.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Last I checked you don't ascend further than Sith Apprentice until you kill the master.
Yes but in ep iv there's clearly the military/govt faction and the ss/gestapo faction. By ep v he is obviously just in charge of it all but Tarkin and the little council room almost treat him with disdain in iv.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
No this is awesome. Go read Lords of the Sith. Seeing Vader in his prime fucking raping shit will be amazing. We have never seen him really do anything but fight old man obiwan, and have 2 lightsaber duels. He is an incredibly powerful force user so seeing him tear through a big group of rebels will be amazing. Not saying he needs to be central but it would be nice if he had one crazy force scene where he destroys.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
You know, it would be amazing if we see Vader in Rogue One following the plans. We see an organized army of rebels against Vader himself. Not 20 or 30, but hundreds fighting against him and his army. The commander says something about how the entire army needs to stay to hold back Vader and his troops to buy them enough time to get off planet. Not just a squad or platoon, but the whole army of them. Would be pretty awesome.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think Disney isn't wanting to distract from their movies that are just around the corner; CA:Civil War and Jungle Book. Speculation is they'll drop a teaser trailer in front of CW.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how old this is, but I don't recall seeing this posted yet. Character info.

a Lego ad for Rogue One shows a Lego Slave I, so a good bet Boba Fett is going to have a part to play.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's a few months old. The groundwork for a working relationship between Vader and Fett (predating Empire) is laid out in one of the comic book series (which I haven't read). He's someone that Vader occasionally employs and not necessarily for taking down specific targets. The speculation is we're going to see the basis for his "No disintegration" order directed to Fett in Empire.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That's a few months old. The groundwork for a working relationship between Vader and Fett (predating Empire) is laid out in one of the comic book series (which I haven't read). He's someone that Vader occasionally employs and not necessarily for taking down specific targets. The speculation is we're going to see the basis for his "No disintegration" order directed to Fett in Empire.
Yep the new comics establish that, out of a group of bounty hunters sent out by Vader to learn the identity of the one who blew up the Death Star, Boba Fett was the one who learned he was Luke Skywalker and passed that info on to Vader for the first time.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
You'd think his aunt and uncle would call him by a different last name when he was dumped on Tatooine as a baby; like the witness protection program.