Star Wars Squadrons

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah when you get into a good Fleet Battles match the game is extremely fun. Even CO-OP against the AI is fun for practice.

Why they didn't make the short campaign into a CO-OP enabled campaign I don't know, that would have saved the forgettable campaign.

There's definitely some balance issues, like... why is the Tie Bomber basically a better Fighter than a Tie Fighter...?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Playing with in VR it's mildly annoying the tie fighters don't have large field of views in the cockpit compared to alliance ships.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer continues to be fun.

There's a lot more they could have done with this game but the basic gameplay is great.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
i would LOVE to buy a thrustmaster but there is such a drought of games that even support it that who cares. i'm not into flight sims so that leaves only 1 game this year that you can use this thing for. back in the day when wing commander, privateer and mech warrior games had joystick support it was great but the genre has become a ghost town

Holy shit is that how you spell drowt?

Fuck

• 4Worf
  • 1Midwit
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing with in VR it's mildly annoying the tie fighters don't have large field of views in the cockpit compared to alliance ships.
yeah, since you start in a TIE Fighter my first impression on Ultrawide was 'oh, that's how they "balance" ultrawides?'

Was relieved to see it's not the case for the other ships

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw this got some patches, if anyone here is playing on VR and/or HOTAS did the patches do a damn thing for either of those?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont they still have that Origin pass thing you can buy for $15 per month to check out the games?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah just checked and pretty much all the games are available for $15 a month so why buy EA games?

BTW I still say the space shit inside Battlefront 2 is way better than this shit. And it was just a side game, lol.

Last time I did the Origin pass thing was for Anthem, had my few weeks of fun with thhat shit and also checked out BF5, Battlefront 2, and even went back to BF4 and had some funsies plus a few other games before shutting that shit down, total cost $15.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah just checked and pretty much all the games are available for $15 a month so why buy EA games?

BTW I still say the space shit inside Battlefront 2 is way better than this shit. And it was just a side game, lol.

Last time I did the Origin pass thing was for Anthem, had my few weeks of fun with thhat shit and also checked out BF5, Battlefront 2, and even went back to BF4 and had some funsies plus a few other games before shutting that shit down, total cost $15.
The shit in BF2 was like an updated copy of the old Star Wars arcade game.

This is like X-wing -> Tie Fighter -> X-wing Vs Tie Fighter > X-wing Alliance.

Two totally different types of games.

I'm still looking for a flight stick at a decent price so I can actually enjoy this game. Xbox controller was okay once I got used to it but still pretty terrible for any precision shooting.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

So what's their plan with this shit? I bought a year of EA Play on Steam, and basically, that just lets me play all the same games as Origins Premier but on Steam? I prefer the Steam interface anyway, so that's ok, just curious why the 2 different services.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
1605719170264.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All the content for this game is free, and this is probably the last content, is what I got out of that update. It could just mean last content for the year, but who the fuck knows.

Crone

All the content for this game is free, and this is probably the last content, is what I got out of that update. It could just mean last content for the year, but who the fuck knows.
You think that it didn't do that well so they've abandoned it already? Did you ever get your flight stick?

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what's their plan with this shit? I bought a year of EA Play on Steam, and basically, that just lets me play all the same games as Origins Premier but on Steam? I prefer the Steam interface anyway, so that's ok, just curious why the 2 different services.
I know this is a couple weeks late but did you ever find out the difference between the two services? EA Play is 4.99 a month or 29.99 for a year on Steam. If they are the same its a helluva better deal than the other at 14.99 a month.

Crone

I know this is a couple weeks late but did you ever find out the difference between the two services? EA Play is 4.99 a month or 29.99 for a year on Steam. If they are the same its a helluva better deal than the other at 14.99 a month.
Never looked into it. However, the EA Play that's bundled with Gamepass is the same as the EA Play that's on Steam, that's for sure.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You think that it didn't do that well so they've abandoned it already? Did you ever get your flight stick?
There's nothing to abandon; they said from before launch it was not a "Game as a Service" product.