Star Wars Squadrons

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was just hoping for more minority representation and twice as many gender neutral pilots, honestly. Didn't see a single Muslim, either. Pretty disappointed in this.
Ah, so you just want to complain for the sake of complaining. Gotcha.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ah, so you just want to complain for the sake of complaining. Gotcha.
1601911844465.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game is fun and plays exactly as advertised in multiplayer. I'm not sure what people were expecting, unless they were expecting a 40 dollar game to have a 50 hour campaign along with the multiplayer?
The first XWing game was good, but Tie Fighter Wars (and XWing Alliance) were incredible and had great single player campaigns. Once the toolset is built, its not that fucking hard, but they spent all their time making this into the Burger King Diversity Squad at the Furry Convention showcase. Think about all the time they spent on that shit and what it could have translated into for a fleshed out good SP or even coop experience. But no, lets toss in the bare minimum SP thing with wall to wall pronoun horseshit and jerk ourselves off on twitter over it. Core balance issues can be corrected over time, but SJW rot is like herpes. ITs forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who expected a 40 dollar multiplayer game from EA to have anything other than a glorified tutorial for a campaign is an idiot.

Titanfall 2 was the exception.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anyone who expected a 40 dollar multiplayer game from EA to have anything other than a glorified tutorial for a campaign is an idiot.

Which underrepresented minority did you chose to play as?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog works perfectly btw.

Besides me not understanding what half the controls I can map actually do.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I was surprised, Thrustmaster even had a one-sheet made for my old PC/PS3 Hotas X on their site.

1601928689715.png

I'm much more comfortable using the Xbox controller though :(

Played it using the Vive last night, was pretty awesome.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would LOVE to buy a thrustmaster but there is such a drought of games that even support it that who cares. i'm not into flight sims so that leaves only 1 game this year that you can use this thing for. back in the day when wing commander, privateer and mech warrior games had joystick support it was great but the genre has become a ghost town

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

They had the voice actors already and the level design tools clearly were done and working. How about instead of a bunch of diversity cut scene bullshit we get narrative missions DESIGNED for single player or coop like Alliance and the original Tie Fighter had? I mean, most of the difficult work for it was done. The people they were trying to rope in for this game wanted that experience, not another unbalanced EA MP grindy shitfest. And certainly not the woke shit fest that they crammed in there. The potential was there, they just prioritized their agenda over making a game that could have restarted that entire genre. They could have recreated the Wing Commander/TFW/Decent Freespace market with a tiny bit of effort, but they didn't. It is a sad lost opportunity on EA's part.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Does the game suck?
If you can glaze over the wokeness, what exists of the SP campaigns is enjoyable. Balance is off and some serious tuning needs to be done to controls to make it smoother, but it works for what it is. And I think MP will be fine with some adjustments. It is missing some elements, in terms of ship selection and flavor, that made the old Lucasarts games great, but its graphically pretty and feels like a flight sim. VR works well, but is not especially clean. I have played this on a PS4 pro both with and without the VR helmet, for reference.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They had the voice actors already and the level design tools clearly were done and working. How about instead of a bunch of diversity cut scene bullshit we get narrative missions DESIGNED for single player or coop like Alliance and the original Tie Fighter had? I mean, most of the difficult work for it was done. The people they were trying to rope in for this game wanted that experience, not another unbalanced EA MP grindy shitfest. And certainly not the woke shit fest that they crammed in there. The potential was there, they just prioritized their agenda over making a game that could have restarted that entire genre. They could have recreated the Wing Commander/TFW/Decent Freespace market with a tiny bit of effort, but they didn't. It is a sad lost opportunity on EA's part.
they chose to focus on mp, because mp is easy. in singleplayer games, you have to design missions and all that comes with it... in mp, you just create a sandbox with basic goals and let the players go at it.

i understand WHY they focused on mp, but that kind of stuff never really interests me

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It would be one thing if this was a new game, but its really pretty much outright ripping off all the core mechanics of the classic SW fliers from Lucasarts, right down to the energy mechanics and flight physics.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A narrative story (would not even have to use unique assets) similar to how Tie Fighter Wars or X Wing Alliance would have basically required some writing, some more voice acting (or better yank the woke shit and replace it with story), and banging out some stuff in the toolset they are using in house. I really do not know how to describe it to someone who never played one of those games, but there was a real feeling of being part of an ongoing mission driven campaign that came from story connected objectives. Because its a space combat sim, there is not a ton to do for level design, beyond scripted events (probably already handled in their internal builder) and deciding on objectives. And based on what WAS in the SP campaign, the potential was clearly there to do something on that level. Thats honestly whats so aggravating about it.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they were going to focus on MP, that would have been a better plan, I agree.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is fun and I’d buy a $20 expansion if they came out with a full fledged Tie Fighter/X-Wing campaign. I hope EA let’s the team build on their success.