Star Wars: Stand Alone Movie (Not Episode 7)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was already confirmed that the first is Boba Fett and the second is Han Solo? Both set before ep 4.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
its been rumored but never confirmed. toss in there a yoda origins movie, those are the three constantly rumored to be the first standalones.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Honestly, I'm not that interested in seeing more Star Wars history type movies unless maybe they went all the way back to "Old Republic" era type stuff. I kind of feel like its "been there done that" with the whole prequels crap. I would much rather they focus on moving the story line and the universe ahead instead of revisiting a bunch of areas they have already been.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So basically Disney/Lucasfilm want to copy the Disney/Marvel blueprint by making individual movies that set up the main three (VII, VIII, IX)? I'm sorry but I really don't see that working in the Star Wars universe.
Just make the main movies. Wait five years and make three more. You know they'll do it anyway. Don't water it down with "supplemental" stories.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So basically Disney/Lucasfilm want to copy the Disney/Marvel blueprint by making individual movies that set up the main three (VII, VIII, IX)? I'm sorry but I really don't see that working in the Star Wars universe.
Just make the main movies. Wait five years and make three more. You know they'll do it anyway. Don't water it down with "supplemental" stories.
I totally disagree. All the interesting stuff anyone gives a shit about happens in the time between the movies that already exist. I don't really care much about them making endless new trilogies going forward.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let's be honest here. They could release video of people taking explosive diarrhea shits, call it Star Wars, and people would still line up around the block to break box office records.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Let's be honest here. They could release video of people taking explosive diarrhea shits, call it Star Wars, and people would still line up around the block to break box office records.
i thought they already did that and called it episodes I, II, and III?

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The potential is unlimited, but unfortunately too many people are going into everything movie related to Star Wars with a bad taste in their mouth. I see most of these movies doomed before they even get a script just on that fact alone.

It's going to be hard winning over the nerd rage(just browse this thread as an example), regardless of what kind of movie they release.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah... about that. Revenge of the Sith made 100m opening weekend after people had been subjected to Phantom and Clones. It basically covered the development costs for the movie in three days. It made 380m domestic and like 890m worldwide while it was in theaters.

I'm gonna say that no matter how much nerd rage people may claim to have about the series and where it has gone since the original trilogy, they are still standing in line day one to see another "live" action Star Wars movie. Doomed for you is gigantic f'n money hats for everyone else in the world, apparently.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure how box office success means it's awesome or something. Plenty of shitty movies have made lots of money for various reasons.

Would like to see...

Knights Of The Old Republic
Thrawn Saga
Palpatine Origin
Star Wars Legacy
Vader While he hunts all the Jedi down
Shmi Skywalker Origin*
Exar Kun
Droids

Years ago I thought a force origin story would be cool, but now I want them to stay as far the fuck away from that as possible. See midichlorians.

*Really? No, not really.

iannis

Musty Nester
So wouldn't this technically be considered episode 8? Or would we need to come up with a new series order to keep track of these? Sounds like they have multiple stand alone movies in mind.
I don't think they're gonna number anything from here on out. It'll be like the comic book movies, everything will just be subtitled. And 10 years from now if someone wanted to watch them they'd have no fucking idea what order to watch them in.

On the other hand, they're honest enough to know that in 10 years no one is going to want to watch them. And anyone that does will just look up release dates. So they don't have to number them anymore.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just so that they could write new stories without having to follow existing storylines. It didn't seem like it affected much of the old republic era

Troll_sl

shitlord
We need a new star war christmas special
rrr_img_67839.jpg