Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Fadaar

That guy
Maul straight up went Rogue One hallway Darth Vader. Wonder if that was in the old scripts or if they added that later.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fuck man... Easily some of the best Star Wars ever in those last 4 episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Fuck man... Easily some of the best Star Wars ever in those last 4 episodes.
Without a doubt. Would have made a pretty sweet ass movie. Ive rewatched the last few quite a few times, they are really really good.

Pretty solid last episode.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The Ahsoka novel/audiobook is the next in line story wise. Audiobook is the same voice as cartoon Ahsoka. Buy it here or for freeee if you want.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That final arc is pretty much as good as Star Wars has ever been. Every element, the animation, music, voice acting, pacing, and story were absolutely top notch. I love how the music changed in the second episode to mirror the moody music in ROTS when Mace was going to confront Palpatine. I felt like I knew exactly how close we were getting to Order 66 just by the music. Still think its an incredible achievement that Ahsoka went from insufferable in the movie/first few episodes to arguably one of the top 3 Star Wars characters ever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The music in the finale was haunting. It was a satisfying conclusion to the series and a wonderful capstone on the entire prequel era. I honestly feel I have a better handle on the state of the Star Wars Galaxy during the Clone Wars than I do during the time of the Original Trilogy (which is itself dominated by story beats courtesy of the Xwing computer games and the West End Games RPG).

I had really hoped that Resistance would do the same for the sequel era and yet I have really no idea as to the state of anything other than the First Order is bad and the Republic is blown to bits...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Strange how the two baddest force users don't have their own club. Asooka isn't a Jedi and Maul is soon to be deSithed. Darth Vader can only force choke people and Maul can bring down a Star Destroyer all by himself. Rei can levitate rocks and Asooka can run around in outer space.

Cybsled

Thing to remember about Vader is most of his force powers were due to the limitations at the time of the original films. That recent Star Wars game where Vader shows up at the end is probably a much better representation of his force powers, when he starts tearing up metal bridges, holds back an ocean, etc.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The Ahsoka novel/audiobook is the next in line story wise. Audiobook is the same voice as cartoon Ahsoka. Buy it here or for freeee if you want.
For the record, its not one of the best books in the new canon but it does have its moments, especially if you are a huge Ahsoka fan as I am. A few things from the book actually got contradicted/retconned by the final arc but nothing super major. You do learn how Ahsoka ends up with the sabers/blade color she has in rebels so that was pretty cool.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So just got finished finally watching this. The last 4 episodes were a better "film" than any movie released by the studio over the last 2 decades. Ashoka is everything Rey should have been. How fucking sad they hired hacks for the movies.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I agree with most of this. The final 4 episodes in nonstop movie format would probably give Empire something to worry very seriously about. It's pretty much perfection.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Clone Wars overall makes AotC a better movie and these last few episodes do the same for RotS.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Lucas had always seen Star Wars as an homage to the weekly adventure serials of the depression era. Clone Wars was a fully realized version of that ideal combined with newsreels. I can only hope that what comes next is half as good. They need to learn from the mistakes of Resistance.

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Not interested. Only thing I would like is either a Post ROTJ Series featuring Luke rebuilding the academy + going on adventures + drama from building the new republic, or a KOTR series. I don't really care about clones, that story has been told. Time to move on.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I would very much like to see post ROTJ or even post TROS...something that carries the story forward in a meaningful way.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was kinda wondering if the bad batch would be back. I expected to see them at the end disobeying order 66. The whole first arc of episodes was just filler.