Star Wars: The Clone Wars

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2008-10-03

Creator: George Lucas

Cast: James Arnold Taylor, Corey Burton, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter, Tom Kane, Matthew Wood, Catherine Taber, David Tennant, Terrence 'T.C.' Carson, Ian Abercrombie

Overview: Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and other Jedi Knights lead the Grand Army of the Republic against the droid army of the Separatists.

Sterling

El Presidente
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 96070[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Star Wars: The Clone Wars[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2008-11-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Star Wars: The Clone Wars is an Emmy Award-winning American 3D CGI animated television series created by George Lucas and produced by Lucasfilm Animation with the division Lucasfilm Animation Singapore, Lucasfilm and CGCG Inc. The series debuted on the US version of Cartoon Network on October 3, 2008. It is set in the fictional Star Wars galaxy, during the same time period as the previous 2003 Star Wars: Clone Wars series. Each episode has a running time of 22 minutes, to fill a half-hour time slot. In 2007, Star Wars creator George Lucas stated "there will be at least 100 episodes produced [about five seasons]". Dave Filoni is the supervising director of the series. Genndy Tartakovsky, director of the first Clone Wars series, was not involved with the production, but character designer Kilian Plunkett referred to the character designs from the 2D series when designing the characters for the 3D series. There is also an online comic, depicting story-snippets between the single episodes.

The first trailer for the series was released on the official Star Wars website on May 8, 2007. The series was launched with an animated feature film, which was released in theaters on August 15, 2008. Season 2 ended on April 30, 2010. Season 3 premiered on September 17, 2010, with the complete second season releasing on Blu-ray Disc and DVD October 26, 2010. Season 4 premiered on September 16, 2011 with the Complete Season 3 on Blu-ray Disc and DVD released October 18, 2011. The fourth season was released for Blu-ray Disc and DVD release on October 23, 2012. Season 5 premiered on September 29, 2012 with a new time slot of 9:30 A.M. PT/ET.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
I've been diggin this season so far. i figured the youngling storyline would suck but it didn't. Love that Hondo.

Sterling

El Presidente
The droid storyline with the general was kind of lame, but the youngling stuff was solid before that. Just hope they go back to focusing on the Jedi and Troopers.

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I just watched both of those this morning. Looks like at least one more to go. Guess I spoke too soon. The tiny Colonel needs to go. Although it was cool seeing Astromechs doin Astromech shit in the ice comet field. The show can be absolutely gorgeous to look at sometimes. But I hear ya, get back to Jedi/Troopers. I wouldn't mind checking in on Maul/Ventress/Dark Side shit either.

Sterling

El Presidente
Didn't notice till I was looking for torrents of this in the usual places that there aren't new episodes of this until January. Shitty

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Now that the fucking ridiculous droid battalion arc is over, this show just got unbelievably good again. Darth Maul + Death Watch + Black Sun against the Jedi? Yes plz!

Sterling

El Presidente
Now that the fucking ridiculous droid battalion arc is over, this show just got unbelievably good again. Darth Maul + Death Watch + Black Sun against the Jedi? Yes plz!
Yeah that droid shit with the Colonel might have been about the most painful set of episodes to watch of the entire series. Glad it's back to Jedi and Sith shenanigans.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Cartoon Network had their "upfronts" today (they always synch theirs with the New York Toy Fair owing to where their bread is buttered) and Clone Wars was noticably absent from the list of returning shows.

I'm guessing that Disney is gleefully yanking it over to Disney XD.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah that droid shit with the Colonel might have been about the most painful set of episodes to watch of the entire series. Glad it's back to Jedi and Sith shenanigans.
I liked the last episode only because of the amazing animation on the explosion. Definitely the best one I've seen since wildfire in GoT.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I felt they did a much better job with a force master fighting in this episode than the yoda-jitsu bullshit from the movies.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Watch the first two(?) episodes, those have Maul. I'd also recommend the Onderon arc.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Spoilers for season 5 finale
And just like that they write themselves a way out of the Ahsoka corner. If Ahsoka is not a member of the Jedi Order and no longer a Jedi then she can need not be around during episode 3 and can survive Order 66.

It actually makes sense from a character progression standpoint as well. Ahsoka was assigned to Anakin originally because she was something of a prodigy and a bit reckless like he was. She has grown over the last several years and has had her own sidelong excursions with doubt in the Jedi Order. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here as clearly they are not done using her as a character. Does she team up with Ventress as a lightside/darkside odd couple? Cant wait to see what happens next, wherever the series ends up (presumably on Disney XD)

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah . Pretty fantastic job.
And kindof what was expected from the beginning. If she was in the order still for 3rd movie, that leaves a huge question how she was never mentioned, or seen. While if she DIED. same deal. with the whole deal about Anakin not getting promoted, and getting a padawan. Her leaving the order, is a good out, for justification. And yeah. having left the order, she likely was not hunted down.

This series always did a good job with character development. And really has Anakin headed in the right direction. Gives a much more reasonable explanation for his actions in the movies. And this finale really lampshaded, the Order has lost its way idea.

Which, also brings up something that in hindsight should have been in the movies. Dark Jedi. This traitor idea is perfect. Palpatine magically playing everyone for fools is a bit hard to really accept. As people have mentioned how stupid it makes Yoda, etc look. If Bariss is not alone, and there are hundreds of Dark Jedi in the Order creating dissent, and confusion. it all makes a hell of alot more sense.
And Order 66 takes on another purpose. Killing off your incriminating accomplices.

Bariss dies in the comics to Order 66. so, either retconning that, or she'll get redeemed or something.

Series really should end on that. I have no idea what they can do for more seasons, and not just feel REALLY tacked on.

If I was in charge. I would seriously consider a time skip to after Episode 3 for the rest of the show.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database