Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Darth Maul stuff was supposed to be one of the other arcs in Season 6 but it never made it past the storyboard stage. It will be covered in comic form and is billed as the 'finale' of the Clone Wars era of storytelling, although it was never intended to be the end. You can tell from the arcs in Season 6 that they were getting close to Episode III in the progression but were not really set up to close things out until at least Season 7...which we will now never see.

Sulrn

Deuces
Just a random question. If for whatever reason the clone wars ended and the Republic won with no Sideous, what was the end game for the millions? of clones? Downsize the Army and allow them to terraform a planet to create a neo-spartan society?

Sulrn

Deuces
Finished season 1. At any point does the series develop overarching plot or is it always 1-3 episode sized story chunks? I feel like I'm better off having this on in the background while I work rather then making time to watch it for the few bits of goodness spread out in each episode.

Column_sl

shitlord
They're all tied together, and some sections arcs are longer then others, but it' s almost all tiny stories.

That's why I just watch the arcs that interest me, and the rest I just leave out.
It's not for instance like Farscape, where you get 22 episodes of standalones then the season finale gives you another part of the over arching story.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Some of the single episodes lead to 2-3 connected sequences in later seasons. Some of the best stories center around the Clones themselves and you have extended sequences without any Skywalker/Kenobi/Yoda/Windu at all.

I'm guessing since they are making a big deal about Korriban being now known as Morabund in the Galactic Empire era that Korriban/Morabund may show up in Episode VII. I will say that seeing Korriban in the final episode was pretty cool, only a shame that the story elements from that final series of episodes will never get a follow-up

Column_sl

shitlord
I thought the Morabund arc was very good, but didn't really feel like star wars imo.
The designs on the guardians were pretty generic.

I feel like everything before episode 4 is just terrible fan fiction no matter how good the arc may be,
The fact that Boba Fett, and the mandalorians became such an integral part in the whole storyline, and that Lucas stripped all the mystery from the force itself ruined everything.
Everytime I hear midi-chlorians I want to vomit.

The best thing you can do in a story is not explain every little detail, let the audience be more active in the magic trick.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That Lucas himself insisted on the name change.. haha.
Seriously.

Can't wait for the Special editions of Kotor, Bane trilogy, pretty much EVERY Starwars book, game, comic, that all call it Korriban to be re-released with Moraband edited in.
Obi wan, Kyle Katarn, The Emperor have all been to Korriban. not Moraband.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally been putting the time in to watching these. Just hit season 4 and I am digging it, sure it gets a little corny from time to time but man it is pretty good. I watch these and think to myself why couldn't the prequels be this good? In fact of the prequels were half as good as these people would have been much happier. They really nailed Dathomir watching those episodes took me back to SWG and how cool it was to to go through the mist and run into some Night Sisters that could fuck you up.

One issue though is that Anakin who becomes Darth Vader lets Boba take Han Solo in the future. NO FUCKING WAY Vader forgives Boba for almost killing him and Mace, I say Vader chokes Boba in the future thus messing up the ESB/ROTJ story lines.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Finally got around to watching all this. Overall, really good. Has more than it's fair share of filler episodes and boring story arcs, but it all still works as a great bridge between the prequels and gives so much more depth to Anakin than we get in the movies.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
been selectively picking my way through the seasons for the last week on probably third rewatch of most. This show totally holds up, and in many regards fills in things that make the prequels much more tolerable. Favorite arcs are definitely the Savage Opress and Maul arcs and the Ahsoka betrayal arc which culminate in her leaving the order. They really nailed her exit. Not sorry for necro, shits good.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
seriously, I'm super emo at the end of Ahsoka's leaving arc and I've seen this 4 times. Its been said before but some of these "cartoons" are among the best Star Wars things that have even been released.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
seriously, I'm super emo at the end of Ahsoka's leaving arc and I've seen this 4 times. Its been said before but some of these "cartoons" are among the best Star Wars things that have even been released.

I've always enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels. Not all of the episodes are top shelf, but on the whole the show is excellent.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone get a restraining order on Kennedy for this shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Obh my sweet jesus. I would never have thought they would come back to it...

PRAISE BE TO FILONI!!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This is fantastic news. And seeing my girl Ahsoka again, come on!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Holy shit!

Just give the fucking keys to the Star Wars castle to Filoni already.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This is great. It's also sad that I'm looking forward to this a lot more than Episode 9.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users