Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
aw fuck
I teach the visually impaired and Daniel counsels the mentally impaired.

My husband Daniel, age 31, was diagnosed with a type of cancer called spindle cell sarcoma two years ago. It is an aggressive cancer that required massive surgery and chemotherapy, we thought the doctors were able to catch it in time to save Daniel's life

We are a young married couple and do not have children yet, but wanted a family. Now we just want Daniel to have a good quality of life (able to enjoy things, try and take a trip or two to places he has always wanted to see or go to), of course we stay hopefully that a new trial study will have success. (Update: it was not successful)

Daniel was given 1-2 months left to live on September 1st, the cancer had become aggressive and growing rapidly. He is now on hospice at home and we are cherishing every moment we have.
https://www.gofundme.com/e1tqh4

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
quite a few things out of that interview, if its the same one I read today. "Traded hands" was a big one. Potentially bigger was twice saying that this upcoming story would be told in "at least" three films.
I don't know that either of those is big. I mean, did you not realize they were doing a new trilogy plus a bunch of stand-alones just as a start? Cause that was the word from pretty much day 1. When I read these 2 comments here about trading hands, I thought they were referring to someone else owning the falcon. But after reading the article, it's pretty clear he's talking about trading hands from one era to the next. Round dish = Lucas's falcon, square dish = Abrams's falcon.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Daniel-2-850x560.jpg

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don't know that either of those is big. I mean, did you not realize they were doing a new trilogy plus a bunch of stand-alones just as a start? Cause that was the word from pretty much day 1. When I read these 2 comments here about trading hands, I thought they were referring to someone else owning the falcon. But after reading the article, it's pretty clear he's talking about trading hands from one era to the next. Round dish = Lucas's falcon, square dish = Abrams's falcon.
The way it read to me is that he was specifically talking about the skywalker story films. He never mentions the standalone films in that interview, although I am aware of all those coming as well

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Watching Rich and Mike's predictions, and I started thinking about the over arching trilogy. I'm hoping this 'Starkiller' base survives until the end. Would be awesome to have the final battle in Force Awakens be similar to ANH, but the resistance screws up and they blow up the rebel planet and 80% of the resistance dies. You them spend the next two movies with a real threat.

Now Luke. I still don't think he'll be bad/evil, but maybe somewhat crazy. Like Yoda in Empire. The sanity is still there and it will come out, but having the weight of the Jedi on one man might be too much. "Pass on what you have learned" might have got the better if him for a time.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Its probably the hardened internet warrior in me, but I don't believe this shit, especially with how fucking little proof is displayed (none).
Dont see it has hardened, just wary. Given the state of the world and after the African Princes' not having a local bank to cash their checks, etc. Even legit outlets for donations fail many times.

Its a risk of mental state.
Do you give that homeless "looking" hermit at the taxi ramp ____?
A. credits/rations thinking they are down and out with the force and could be just what they need from the extra help
B. used up LifeDay gift card, just to be funny not caring either way
C. just a mean look, thinking they arent really homeless and probably way better off than half the outer systems, especially Tatooine...what a desolate place that is
D. no attention, didnt even notice who was there figuring it was some droid worker or cleanup slave

Doubt on that GoFundMe campaign?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, home from work sick today and I just read a hopefully fake spoiler
about why Luke isn't around
that if true may have actually damaged my enjoyment of the movie. I normally don't care about spoilers but I went looking for information about the current political situation is in TFA and found something else entirely. Be careful what you read; here be dragons.

EDIT:Added in a post below.

Inque

FunEmployed
So what is it, most of us have read or heard or seen photo's of spoilery material that at this point I'm unphased by anything I read. Just throw it up in spoiler tags, yo.