Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah really, you spoilered something that isn't a spoiler. Add what you're talking about that upset you. I'm not going to go searching and guessing for what you're talking about, it could be something trivial to me that I've heard already, or false, then I find other spoilers I didn't want to see while looking for whatever yours is!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it this?

"Unlike Rey, [Finn] has learned a lot about Luke Skywalker - but he has been taught he was a villain who destroyed the benevolent Empire." If the galaxy thinks Luke is a bad guy, well, they probably feel the same way about his sister.

Wouldn't really bother me.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Something that has been bothering about the suggested plot line from the trailer.

It shows Kylo Ren talking to Vader's burnt helmet saying "I will finish what you started." Isn't Anakin a force ghost now? Wouldn't that force ghost just visit Kylo and and be like "Listen sonny I walked both paths of the force (up hill both ways too), so you don't have to. Blah blah blah light side redemption etc."

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the force ghost thing needs some sort of connection. Vader's never met his grandbabies. Maybe he could contact Kylo on Tatooine or something.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole force ghost thing has been a major continuity issue. The prequel treatment didn't help, but it would have been a plot hole at this point nonetheless. What Xevy said is the only way to make any sense of it, but I don't know that its ever been explicitly stated that way in official canon either.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I think the force ghost thing needs some sort of connection. Vader's never met his grandbabies. Maybe he could contact Kylo on Tatooine or something.
It's something I honestly never considered. I am hoping it is just someone trolling it up.

The reason that Luke isn't showing up is that he's dead/a force ghost now, killed by Kylo Ren years ago

There was someone posting somewhere on Reddit claiming to have seen a cut of the movie and spoiled possibly everything. I couldn't not read it but didn't want to tempt others down that dark path. Normally, spoilers don't bother me. This case is the exception that makes the rule.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's something I honestly never considered. I am hoping it is just someone trolling it up.

The reason that Luke isn't showing up is that he's dead/a force ghost now, killed by Kylo Ren years ago
In response to your spolier

I think out of all the spoilers I have seen, the one that makes the most sense is that Luke is in hiding during the events of Ep VII. Much like Yoda was in hiding during IV, however Luke will make an appearance at the very end of VII when Rey and company seek him out on some remote island on a remote planet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
In response to your spolier

I think out of all the spoilers I have seen, the one that makes the most sense is that Luke is in hiding during the events of Ep VII. Much like Yoda was in hiding during IV, however Luke will make an appearance at the very end of VII when Rey and company seek him out on some remote island on a remote planet.
Yeah, the original Spoilerman, who appears to be fairly correct based off all the trailer shit, had said this ^. Hopefully that is the case.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There was someone posting somewhere on Reddit claiming to have seen a cut of the movie and spoiled possibly everything. I couldn't not read it but didn't want to tempt others down that dark path. Normally, spoilers don't bother me. This case is the exception that makes the rule.
Heh, I wouldn't mind that either per se. I'd like twists as long as they aren't overly corny or heavy handed. Just want a decent enough story, not expecting a grand action thriller, it IS Star Wars after all so it will be simple. That's not really what I'd gathered about the plot though, but I haven't been really looking too hard, just what's trickled to me.

Jive Turkey

Karen
What Xevy said is the only way to make any sense of it, but I don't know that its ever been explicitly stated that way in official canon either.
It's a perfectly reasonable explanation though. At the end of RotJ, Luke is the only one able to see Anakin, Yoda, and Obi Wan. Even Leia, who is connected through blood and has a little bit of Force ability - but never had any significant relationship with any of them - doesn't seem to notice them. It hasn't be explicitly stated, but I think it was strongly implied

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or maybe force ghosts aren't actually real and Luke is just schizo. That's why he's mostly awol in this film, the voices in his head finally drove him bonkers.

iannis

Musty Nester
I go with the force ghosts are a personal phenomenon for those force-capable.

If it weren't so, the Jedi would never be able to lose. Anything. Ever. Every time one of them died their numbers would have grown.

They would have won by zerg.

iannis

Musty Nester
Think about the spy network you could have with a legion of force ghosts. You could have perfect knowledge. You could have a whole Force Ghost Administration running in the Force-Shadow realm dedicated to feeding Yoda and Snakes-On-A-Plane detailed reports about ongoing plots personal, planetary, and galactic. The NSA has NOTHING on the FGA. A Sith would be unable to hide. They would stick out as the only spot you can't see.

There would be no reason for phantom menace to even exist. There would be no point in sending Liam and Obi-Wan to that trade federation ship to begin with. Even less point, rather.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Think about the spy network you could have with a legion of force ghosts. You could have perfect knowledge. You could have a whole Force Ghost Administration running in the Force-Shadow realm dedicated to feeding Yoda and Snakes-On-A-Plane detailed reports about ongoing plots personal, planetary, and galactic. The NSA has NOTHING on the FGA. A Sith would be unable to hide. They would stick out as the only spot you can't see.

There would be no reason for phantom menace to even exist. There would be no point in sending Liam and Obi-Wan to that trade federation ship to begin with. Even less point, rather.
Watch clone wars, no one but Yoda and Obi-wan even knew how. Qui-Gonn tried but didnt finish his training and could only partially communicate in certain places. Yoda went through super insane trials to learn where he had to literally fight the dark side, and then Obi-wan spent 20 years learning on Tattooine while he watched luke.

It's not like reading a book

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to cry like a fucking bitch through this entire film, I know it. Fuck.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Isn't one of the central plot premises of the movie that the Force had receded into a type of dormancy following the events ofJedi? If so you could just say that permanently severed the connection of all of the force ghosts. That wouldn't be any sort of stretch.