first-order-tie-fighter.jpg

rey-star-destroyer.jpg

harisson-ford-jj-abrhams.jpg

Spoiler confirmation:
Finn gets his jacket from Poe:

john-boyega-and-oscar-isaac.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You know... Almost everything we've seen has been Rey, Finn, BB-8, and Kylo Ren yet Poe Dameron is billed as one of the three main characters.

Is this a big misdirect? How significant is Poe Dameron to the whole plot?

iannis

Musty Nester
Who the fuck is Poe Dameron?

I haven't been following it much. So you're quite right. For someone who hasn't been paying attention he'll be an entirely new character. I thought it was just emosith, rey, and the black dude.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Poe is a Resistance fighter pilot, it seems as if Leia sends him on a mission that gets the McGuffin of this movie in motion.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One thing that , till now, i didn't see anyone discussing was does kylo ren know his hero killed the emperor and redeemed himself in the end? That he wasn't truly absorbed by the dark side?
He is like someone, well it happens many times, who follows a false god and, MAYBE, will have an internal conflict because of that.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not sure "I will finish what you started" even means. It sounds like a quotable and all. It sounds all epic. But what did Vader start? Vader didn't start shit. Except for turning Luke to the dark side.

So obviously Kylo thinks Vader started something. Unless he really is talking about finishing Luke's conversion... which would be a highly detailed bit of history in a galaxy that seems to forget the fact that there were thousands upon thousands of Jedi wandering around less than 100 years ago.

Maybe he just doesn't realize that Palapatine was a dude and thinks that Vader was the Emperor. So he wants to finish crushing the resistance. I mean that would make the most sense. Even though it's WRONG.

WRONG. BIG DUMMY. YOUR SO DUMB. YOUR WRONG.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah....maybe the trailers are intentionally misleading and we are all making wrong assumptions ahah

khorum

Murder Apologist
When I mentioned that I thought it makes more sense if Kylo Ren is Luke's son I also said that it's because it follows the original trilogy's Daddy-Issues theme. I'm sure some others have picked that apart with all the leaked scripts and frame-by-frames, but it just makes sense that Luke handed his kid over to Leia so he can hide the force or end the jedi/sith war or something.

Maybe Kylo Ren was raised by his aunt Leia and uncle Han; just another emo Skywalker brat moping about going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters then one day he learns that his grandfather was actually the last fucking Dark Lord of the Sith. After all, the only people alive at the end of RoJ whom Luke told that their father was the baby-padawan-murdering Gestapo ninja-general of the Empire was Leia and maybe Han. And why would they tell anyone else that, "oh hey btw, that genocidal maniac who had the highest midichlorian count in history was our dad".

So they tell young Kylo because he's being an insufferable emo cunt who's having an awkward time with adolescence due to his gangly height and his massive jew-schnoz, and Vader's grandson decides to be all deathmetal and run off to train in the ways of his grandpa.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
One thing that , till now, i didn't see anyone discussing was does kylo ren know his hero killed the emperor and redeemed himself in the end? That he wasn't truly absorbed by the dark side?
He is like someone, well it happens many times, who follows a false god and, MAYBE, will have an internal conflict because of that.
If you think of Vader and Anakin Skywalker as two distinctly different personas that occupied the same body, which was the tack that Ben took when he initially told Luke about his father, then what happened after Vader shook off the influence of the dark side becomes inconsequential as far as Kylo Ren would be concerned. It's just the reverse of the "Vader betrayed and murdered your father" sleight of hand that Ben played.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Please don't hate me. I watched Star Wars 4-6 once like a decade ago, and am re-watching them again now to get ready for the new movie. A couple of questions:

1. Luke and Leia, supposedly Lucas didn't write them to brother and sister till Episode 6, right? That explains the kisses and romantic attraction, etc. Just a fuckup. But, in 5 when Luke leaves Yoda's planet, Yoda and Obi Wan say "He's our only hope", and then the other one says "There is one other..." Are they referring to Leia as being another possible hope if Luke fails? If so, isn't that showing that they planned on them being siblings at that point? (Also, kind of makes you care less about Luke if they're saying "ah, fuck it, if he fails there's still someone else.")

2. Why are we so sure that Darth Vader is a bad guy? I see a guy who enforces the law, squashes disobedient rebels, and is innovating with technology (Death Star.) Why do we hate him?
smile.png

(It's kinda funny the intensive Jedi training consists solely of standing on your head and levitating random objects. - I'm just starting Ep 6 so forgive me if there's more to it than that! I am enjoying the hell out of these and am pumped up for Ep 7! Was also surprised the exact phrase "Luke, I am your father" is not in the movie.)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In Aftermath (which is canon for the disney era) a Darth Vader cult is forming right after the battle of endor. Not a cult of force users necessarily (though it might have been started by inquisitors), just people who saw vader as a god and worship him and stuff. So whatever he thinks he knows of vader could come from that. Which means, there's no telling what he thinks vader started.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Please don't hate me. I watched Star Wars 4-6 once like a decade ago, and am re-watching them again now to get ready for the new movie. A couple of questions:

1. Luke and Leia, supposedly Lucas didn't write them to brother and sister till Episode 6, right? That explains the kisses and romantic attraction, etc. Just a fuckup. But, in 5 when Luke leaves Yoda's planet, Yoda and Obi Wan say "He's our only hope", and then the other one says "There is one other..." Are they referring to Leia as being another possible hope if Luke fails? If so, isn't that showing that they planned on them being siblings at that point? (Also, kind of makes you care less about Luke if they're saying "ah, fuck it, if he fails there's still someone else.")

2. Why are we so sure that Darth Vader is a bad guy? I see a guy who enforces the law, squashes disobedient rebels, and is innovating with technology (Death Star.) Why do we hate him?
smile.png

(It's kinda funny the intensive Jedi training consists solely of standing on your head and levitating random objects. - I'm just starting Ep 6 so forgive me if there's more to it than that! I am enjoying the hell out of these and am pumped up for Ep 7! Was also surprised the exact phrase "Luke, I am your father" is not in the movie.)
Genetic sexual attraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Xevy

Log Wizard
What if Kylo Ren is just a badass who gives zero fucks (think Judge Dredd) and is trying to stop the Rebellion which is trying to create a super weapon? That'd be a helluva twist. Too smart for big $$$ movies though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not sure "I will finish what you started" even means. It sounds like a quotable and all. It sounds all epic. But what did Vader start? Vader didn't start shit. Except for turning Luke to the dark side.

So obviously Kylo thinks Vader started something.
Extermination of the jedi, resurgence of the dark side, domination of the empire, there are many choices.