Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm taking my 3 year old, she does well in movies though. More concerned about my 5 year old. I don't think it will be a problem, but the wife and I are doing a Friday screening to make sure before we take them on the 29th.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
PHbURyqpmrg3eh_1_l.jpg

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL so JJ Abrams calling BB-8 a "he" and "his" in that 60 minutes special got all the tumblrcunts all /wristing that their fembot messiah has been misgender-raped by yet another ciswhite proto-jew.

I might just go see this at release after all.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So apparently Lucasfilm invited everyone who was waiting in line in to watch the premiere and attend the afterparty. Sounds like most were doing it for a charity cause, so pretty cool if they did.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Wouldn't Lucasfilm just be a bunch of copyright lawyers in a basement under the epcot center now?

khorum

Murder Apologist
If you're in Chicago, Oathkeepers will be watching the premiere at AMC River East 21 downtown. I'm sure the theater itself is hiring extra discreet security, but it's also a only a couple blocks from a major police precinct.

Dunno if they're running metal detectors and screening heavily like they are in NY and LA tho.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Lucasfilm invited all the people lined up outside the Chinese theatre in Hollywood to the premiere and after party. I have 2 friends in that line, they've completely lost their minds. Pretty awesome.
update - so my friends did get in. They won't spoil anything, but their words were "can't stop shaking. It was more than I could have hoped for." and "Oh my god, thats all I can manage right now". I'm sure the experience of walking the red carpet had something to do with it, they are both working class guys who entered a different world for a night, but my hopes are so up for this.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yeah, initial reaction from almost everyone is "our Star Wars is back". Fuck George Lucas, for real.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Tonight is the night! Going with the wife to the 00.01 showing. Preordered the seats a few weeks ago, my sister and her boyfriend wanted to come too so I checked if I could get another couple of seats. 12 screen cinema, all of them were showing the film and it was sold out. Ridiculous.

I will post a spoiler free review later afterwards.

Star Wars, baby!!