Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Mystrak_sl

shitlord
Not sure when they put them up, but on youtubes main page the ad for some movie ticket site has a trailer , then 2 others that have extra footage for those interested. One plays then you can click the video on right side and pick 2 others.
*edit* Might be tv spots , as I don't have any sort of cable service forgive me if that's the case lol.
*edit 2* Yeah, probably are tv spots, sorry. Went and looked at a few (holy crap there's 21 or more).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not really Star Wars related, but was a Star Wars interview, but the tidbit I got to read on my phone cracked me up. Apparently Oscar Issacs was originally the voice of Dante in Dante's Inferno, but they fired him. There's got to be a good story there.

But the funny part was the interviewer told him it was a really shitty game. He agreed.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is everyone crazy excited for this movie? I'm trying to be. trying to remember the way I felt back in 77 after I saw the original on the big screen. It's not happening. I still had some of that ole magic for phantom menace, right up until I saw that at a midnight showing. I think after that it was gone. Now all I see for this film is merchandising and gimmicky plot twists. I hope whatever " shocking" reveal being kept under wraps for Luke can revive the awesome I once felt for this franchise.
I remember leaving work at lunch to go see the Phantom Menace. I was going to lie to my friends and my wife when i went to to see it with them that night. I was going to pretend i hadn't seen it yet and act excited.
So i walk out into the blazing Florida heat in the middle of Friday with a blank stare on my face.
I couldn't believe what i just saw, or that i would have to watch it again in a few hours!!!Jar Jar Binks, trade negotiations,Pod racing and that little snot nosed kid is DARTH VADER?

So, i am excited, but it is definitely guarded optimism.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I remember leaving work at lunch to go see the Phantom Menace. I was going to lie to my friends and my wife when i went to to see it with them that night. I was going to pretend i hadn't seen it yet and act excited.
So i walk out into the blazing Florida heat in the middle of Friday with a blank stare on my face.
I couldn't believe what i just saw, or that i would have to watch it again in a few hours!!!Jar Jar Binks, trade negotiations,Pod racing and that little snot nosed kid is DARTH VADER?

So, i am excited, but it is definitely guarded optimism.
I skipped grade 8 school the entire day to camp out and get ready to watch it, spent almost a day and a half in line with a bunch of other nerds. I remember walking out and thinking it was good, but then I watched it again and realized how shit it was. I am hoping this doesn't happen again/

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while to see this. I don't want to see this in a theater without assigned seating and everything even at ridiculous hours is gone for the entire opening weekend. Not surprised I guess.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Posters ITT

rrr_img_119834.jpg

Inque

FunEmployed
I purchased a reserved seating for two on Saturday -- only way I'll see the movie as well. Going to try out this D-Box Real 3D but after I'm going to check out the IMAX experience version.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Star Wars marathon this week.

Monday: The Phantom Menace
Tuesday: Attack of the Clones
Wednesday: Revenge of the Sith
Thursday: A New Hope
Friday: The Empire Strikes Back
Saturday: Return of the Jedi

and finally on Sunday: The Force Awakens.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Wars marathon this week.

Monday: A New Hope
Tuesday: The Empire Strikes Back
Wednesday: Return of the Jedi
Thursday: A New Hope
Friday: The Empire Strikes Back
Saturday: Return of the Jedi

and finally on Sunday: The Force Awakens.
FTFY

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ran my 2 boys (7 and 5) through a star wars marathon last week (IV V and VI) and they ate it up like it's the best thing they ever saw.
My 7 yr old's fav character is Luke but my 5 yr old really latched on to darth vader .....the other night he was playing and her was huming the imperial march..... I was swelling with pride and a little fear, not gonna lie.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ran my 2 boys (7 and 5) through a star wars marathon last week (IV V and VI) and they ate it up like it's the best thing they ever saw.
My 7 yr old's fav character is Luke but my 5 yr old really latched on to darth vader .....the other night he was playing and her was huming the imperial march..... I was swelling with pride and a little fear, not gonna lie.

Can't wait for Saturday!
My sons are 8 and 4 and are very similar. 8 loves Luke and 4 likes Vader and Storm Troopers. They haven't stopped since latching onto the movies. Christmas is going to be pretty easy this year but i'm looking forward to the movies if nothing else just to see them take part in some of the hype. I forgot how much fun it was just to hunt for toys, get tickets, and pretty well theming everything from birthdays to Christmas around one thing. It's been a fad or flavor of the month in our pop culture for a while.. especially for kids.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have a 2.5 year old daughter that I plan to take to see this. I'm not sure what to do though.

She's never seen the movies but she knows Darth Vader from a few childrens books and stuff. I really want to take her so she can say she was at the movie but she's never seen the others. Part of me wants to wait until she can appreciate them in 4-6 years as a kid.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
I have a 2.5 year old daughter that I plan to take to see this. I'm not sure what to do though.

She's never seen the movies but she knows Darth Vader from a few childrens books and stuff. I really want to take her so she can say she was at the movie but she's never seen the others. Part of me wants to wait until she can appreciate them in 4-6 years as a kid.
On behalf of the rest of the people who bought tickets to the showing you are taking your kid to..fuck right off.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If you bought the tickets via Fandango return them and buy a pair of tickets to the Pixar Dinosaur flick and take her to that instead.

She won't get you murdered in the theater for the hottest film of the past half decade and youll have the theater all to yourselves, plus you're out in less than two hours, which is just right for a 2.5 year old.

I'm sure she would find that film much more entertaining and enjoyable. There's no way she can appreciate the new Star Wars, whether its good or prequel tier tripe, at that age.