Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL yep, hell, my little girl is almost 4, and there is no way I would chance bringing her into a such a solemn and long awaited movie. She will have to settle for Chipmunks: Road Chip!

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a 2.5 year old daughter that I plan to take to see this. I'm not sure what to do though.

She's never seen the movies but she knows Darth Vader from a few childrens books and stuff. I really want to take her so she can say she was at the movie but she's never seen the others. Part of me wants to wait until she can appreciate them in 4-6 years as a kid.
I would give that some serious reconsideration. father of 6 and her attention span just will not last that long. or at least do a test run at home and see if she can sit through any of the first three.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not really Star Wars related, but was a Star Wars interview, but the tidbit I got to read on my phone cracked me up. Apparently Oscar Issacs was originally the voice of Dante in Dante's Inferno, but they fired him. There's got to be a good story there.

But the funny part was the interviewer told him it was a really shitty game. He agreed.
Never understood the hate for it. Dante's Inferno was an amazing game.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
As a heads up they show some of the editing process and there is a bit of footage in this that hasn't been seen before.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Oh I wouldn't bring her to a show until like Feb/March and it would be a 9am showing.
When you do it doesn't matter. If your kid doesn't understand the polite translation of stfu they are too young for star wars. Possibly ruining the experience of 5+ people instead of a full theater still doesn't make it acceptable

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am taking my 3 year old, Yall can suck it. I fully intend to walk him out of the movie when needed. Ill catch it again.

Royal

I'm someone who is as easily incensed as anybody at people who take children to movies when they are obviously too young for the type of film in question but it really does depend on the kid and how willing the parent(s) is to miss part of the movie themselves when necessary to take their child out of the theater for a spell. If your daughter can sit reasonably quietly for close to 3 hours (once you add in all of the time for the trailers and other ads) then catching a matinee 3 months after the release should be fine. Two and half does seem a bit young to me. I have a four year old nephew and I would hate to be some random Joe sitting nearby if my brother decided to take him to see this but that's just the type of kid he is. I totally get you wanting her to be able to say she was there when she's older. I would question how meaningful it will be if she doesn't actually remember going though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have low expectations of my theater experience. First movie I saw out here in SanBernajuggalo area was Book of Eli, on opening night. Someone brought their infant, and I mean like a week old baby to this full theater and stayed for the entire thing while the baby cried. I think she did take it to the lobby once to breastfeed, I could be wrong. I have yet to see a movie since where someone wasn't on their phone or taking hits off their vaporizer during Despicable Me 2 at 11am on Saturday morning.

So I'm headed to LaVerne with their reserved seating which is the closest place to civilization to see this Friday night with my wife and kids.

Then immediately again Saturday with my brother at LA Live or Regal forget which.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Times like these I love having a close family friend who has some kind of connection to a local theatre. Get to watch movies for free and sit in that box up above closed off from the main sitting area. No crying babies, no talking teens, no rude people and much more comfy chairs. Only issue is having to listen to his wife who loves to ask questions during the movie.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Some shitlord brought their <1 year old and a 3 year old to Jurassic World. And to top it off it was an after 9pm show. Had to listen to that bs the whole movie.

My son is 5 and I intend to take him. He gets mad at me for whispering to him asking if he needs anything. He's also like a few of the above posters kids. He plays Star Wars all day humming the Imperial March. I love it. I got him the new Millennium Falcon lego set for christmas. Glad to have weekend to play with it... err I mean... with him.

Royal

Yeah I'm at the point where my patience for "the theater experience" is pretty much gone. It has to be something I want to see pretty damn bad to get me to go anymore. Part of it was growing up in a military town and every showing I ever went to the theater was half full of 19-25 year old marines who acted like everyone else in the place was constantly wondering what The Corp thought of what was going on up on screen. These days it's all the ADD motherfuckers with the latest, biggest, and brightest smart phone that they can't put down for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Got tickets for Saturday at the 5-star lounge, 21 and over, full food / drink service with plush, heated, leather recliners. Fiancee and I are going to have a blast for just $25.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished today the saga.
Oh my....the feels still happen.

On a side note, the ewoks are pretty dumb and ROTJ suffers from a decrease of pacing when they appear. But it still is my favourite Star Wars movie.
The final duel.......goosebumps every second of it

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Lucasfilm invited all the people lined up outside the Chinese theatre in Hollywood to the premiere and after party. I have 2 friends in that line, they've completely lost their minds. Pretty awesome.