Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
His boss is sitting right there. He could just plug-and-chug his head on a cyborg body and let'er ride.
Grievous - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
So Dooku had already done it.
I think you are probably trolling but maybe you need to rewatch the garbage prequels. Dooku's head getting removed was immediately followed by the sequence of the Malevolence breaking apart and crashing on Coruscant. At what point did anyone have anytime to reattach a head to anything?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eh, well:

Does that count, or is he canonical?
I was being a dick. But those two games Lucas said are canon and did the outlines for are...not canon. Shoot that canon out of a cannon into a canyon.

Even though he makes a ton of sense and that guy they modeled him after and voiced is like a real actor

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought those two games were explicitly canon when they released them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think it's Darth Maul. That's probably not enough of a "surprise" as the spoiler states but I think it just fits. The dude just hates everything and we already have some canon that supports Maul being rebuilt and alive. However, it seems like to me they kill him again. I just need to sit down and pull some stuff together... I really just tossed Star Wars to the side after the prequels and then Lord of the Rings.

I do think this is all intentional. I think we are getting trolled to a point but I do think a lot of this is true. I think it is pretty convenient that teaser stuff just happened to be in the spoiler. I think that was intentional just to give a sense of validity. I'm game though... I live for hype.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So by the looks of the third installment he supplied supposed script scans which everyone tore apart as being faked. I didn't really buy the second set of spoilers as much for some reason anyway. He also claims Disney is running fake spoiler shills as a disinformation campaign to throw people off. Which means he himself could be doing that. This whole thing got less fun all of a sudden. Who knows though, will be interesting to see how right or totally wrong all of this was.
Still wish they'd have given this to someone else besides Abrams. I was praying for a writer/director more in the mold of Irvin Kershner. Instead, we got a director more in the mold of Michael Bay.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Having read a bunch of theories/spoilers/leaks and shit over the past few weeks I'm just going to go and say that If anything I've read turns out to be even half true, I think I'm going to love the new films.

But probably the best thing I've read in all of that is the statement that JJ hates Lucas for "murdering" the Prequels and is damned sure he isn't going to repeat the same mistake Lucas did.

I'm also very happy that practically everything seems to point to the original cast, with the exception of Mark Hamil, seem to be in a minor/supporting role and will probably be mostly written out in the later movies. I.e. there will be a new cast to continue the story, and that cast seems pretty good. That's the party line I've decided to go for and aim to stick to it right up until I walk out of that theatre in a years time either cheering or crying - or both.

radditsu

I think it's Darth Maul. That's probably not enough of a "surprise" as the spoiler states but I think it just fits. The dude just hates everything and we already have some canon that supports Maul being rebuilt and alive. However, it seems like to me they kill him again. I just need to sit down and pull some stuff together... I really just tossed Star Wars to the side after the prequels and then Lord of the Rings.

I do think this is all intentional. I think we are getting trolled to a point but I do think a lot of this is true. I think it is pretty convenient that teaser stuff just happened to be in the spoiler. I think that was intentional just to give a sense of validity. I'm game though... I live for hype.
Darth Maul sucks though.

1 ) no character outside of the double lightsaber
2) was a weak sith for the rule of two which leads to:
3) punked out by a padawan after killing a guy who went on to punch wolves and get daughters back.

radditsu

I thought those two games were explicitly canon when they released them.
That's how they were marketed. But they altered the deal. Pray it is not altered further.

The second game is problematic story wise. I really liked the first one.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Force unleashed video games. They were fun for what they were. They were indeed marketed as canon, but I don't think anyone actually took that seriously. It introduces a lot of ambiguous inconsistencies. For one, shaak ti has a decent role in the first game and is eventually killed by starkiller. But shaak ti was killed in episode 3 by grevious (I think) in a deleted scene. So its a deleted scene and there for can't be considered part of the movie... But lucas clearly wanted it badly enough to film it. I mean its not a straight up contradiction, but it is muddled. Secondly, anakin is supposed to be THE one. Except he NEVER displays anywhere close to the command of the force that starkiller does. It's canon... But its also juvenile. I loved the games, but taken any more seriously than a "what if" story is incredibly disingenuous to the rest of the star wars universe

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Force unleashed video games. They were fun for what they were. They were indeed marketed as canon, but I don't think anyone actually took that seriously. It introduces a lot of ambiguous inconsistencies. For one, shaak ti has a decent role in the first game and is eventually killed by starkiller. But shaak ti was killed in episode 3 by grevious (I think) in a deleted scene. So its a deleted scene and there for can't be considered part of the movie... But lucas clearly wanted it badly enough to film it. I mean its not a straight up contradiction, but it is muddled. Secondly, anakin is supposed to be THE one. Except he NEVER displays anywhere close to the command of the force that starkiller does. It's canon... But its also juvenile. I loved the games, but taken any more seriously than a "what if" story is incredibly disingenuous to the rest of the star wars universe
Lucas wanting something bad enough to film it does not automatically make it relevant or significant. He probably just wanted to have a scene with a Jedi getting killed by his dumb shitty robot to make the robot seem even cooler, because he loves robots, and this one had 6 arms!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I was already starting to doubt the veracity of the spoilers, specifically because the leaker has pretty much painted himself into the corner of an empty room with Sydow's character. It was starting to feel like he was trying to eliminate it down to some non-specific, inconsequential character from the franchise so that when it ended up being someone completely new, he could just say afterwards it was only ever a minor story point anyway that ended up being changed. Those script scans sealed it though.

And then there's:

For Star Wars fans, he calls this a "win-win". Despite calling the third thread his "final stand", he says "I'll see you guys tomorrow" and will "hold our hands to keep the childlike wonder of classic Star Wars alive through these difficult few weeks".
That just sounds too cheesy for me.

Either this person is part of the "spin machine" themselves or it's yet another internet attention whore. As for being someone trying to build up viral promotion of the movie a la True Detective, it's Star Wars ffs ... it needs none.

The worst part is when the movie comes out and we find out the spoilers were all fake and 75% more enjoyable than the actual movie.
That's what I'm afraid of now myself.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was already starting to doubt the veracity of the spoilers, specifically because the leaker has pretty much painted himself into the corner of an empty room with Sydow's character. It was starting to feel like he was trying to eliminate it down to some non-specific, inconsequential character from the franchise so that when it ended up being someone completely new, he could just say afterwards it was only ever a minor story point anyway that ended up being changed. Those script scans sealed it though.
I was starting to think he was talking about one of the kids from episode 1 who were anakin's friends. They would be mighty old now. Were there any children not slaughtered in episode 3 other than boba?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Could we get a plot twist and it somehow be Darth Plagueis? Would be a stretch and supposedly Palpatine has his remains in an urn.

I just thought the natural progression would be to go with Palpatine clone but it doesn't seem to be the case. Assuming Spoilerman is true.

j00t

Emperor clone for a book is fine. Emperor clone for a movie series that we've only gotten 6 of in 40 years is a bad idea. Its the same reason why what's his face disagreed with Lucas about in having the death star 2 for rotj. We've already seen that. Let's see something different.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Didn't our bro say he was specifically not force sensitive? That should narrow down the possibilities significantly.

j00t

"Our bro" has had some serious credibility issues as of late. Best throw what he said out the window at this point