Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
if Kylo Ren is Luke's kid, who is the mother?
There is no mother. Luke had a sex change, and got pregnant. He's a creation of the midichlorians like Anakin before him.

That's why we haven't seen Luke, he's probably called Lucy now.
smile.png

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
I think he is Han and Leia's kid. Lets not forget that even in this case, he would be the grandson of Anakin, and could feel like he wants to finish whatever the hell he is talking about in the trailer.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
this is a quote from the latest JJ interview which I think implicitly confirms she is his kid

Or seeing the sweetness between Han and Rey or the tension and comedy between Han and Finn. It was really exciting to say, "These scenes are working!" We worked really hard to cast and to write and to put it all together, but you just don't know until you start shooting.
Sweetness between han and rey implies a previous relationship/bond. I also assume from all the footage of her flying the Falcon she ends up inheriting it when he dies in Ep8 (I think all majors will make it to 8, but maybe they finally kill Han in 8)

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
this is a quote from the latest JJ interview which I think implicitly confirms she is his kid

Sweetness between han and rey implies a previous relationship/bond. I also assume from all the footage of her flying the Falcon she ends up inheriting it when he dies in Ep8 (I think all majors will make it to 8, but maybe they finally kill Han in 8)
Yeah, I don't think many of us thought Rey wasn't Han's daughter. That guy was talking about Kylo Ren though.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure Leia had sweetness with Bail Organa as well but he wasn't her real father. There are a lot of possibilities out there. Luke has a short relationship with Soandso-et then leave for seclusion and knows nothing of his CHILDREN. Sound familiar? Rey is raised by her Aunt and Uncle. Sound familiar? Hell, maybe they are both raised by Han and Leia. First Order drops by, captures both children. Han and Chewie go on a rescue mission and fail, or are only able to save Rey. Han takes her to an old friend on Jakku who owes him a favor. Tells Leia they are both lost. Leia leaves him out of greif. Han spends his time looking for a way to save Kylo while keeping and eye on Rey from time to time. Kylo grows up and finds out who his father and grandfather is. Becomes obsessed with Vader and the Dark side. Kylo finds out Rey is his sister and hates Han for doing what he did and kills him. Thus sparking Rey on her journey into the force.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I remember this. The whole explanation for him coughing weirdly was given in this cartoon, not even in the movie. Which made it not have any fucking sense in the movie.
It was given in the novelization of the movie too. But I don't recall it being that a jedi had just tried to kill him. I remember it being explained as him generally being sickly because his few remaining organic parts were failing.

iannis

Musty Nester
It could be that they're both Han and Leia's kids. It could even be that they're twins. Like Luke and Leia themselves... twins run in that family. Twinning may be a fluke of mitochlorians. Dark side light side. We never saw the basement of the Jedi Temple. Maybe it was a gruesome meat grinder for all the darkside twins.

But it there would be more symmetry to it if it was one for Luke and one for Leia.

So Wannabe Emo Dark Sith guy is probably Lukes son. This continues the vacillitation of the force theme that we had with Anakin and Luke in the two trilogies and that you have to speculate plays out in the Luke character himself. Maybe Luke even tried to train him but being untrained himself -- or by trying to conscientiously subvert the rigid dogma of the Jedi Order (which failed) -- ultimately failed. And maybe this is why Jedi weren't allowed to take wives. Because they could not be responsible for the training of their own children.

The girl who is obviously female Luke from New Hope is probably Leia's daughter. This allows for a meta social commentary inverting the PATRIARCHY of the first trilogy. In New Hope to Jedi Leia really was almost a secondary character tier. She was Luke's sister, she was the helpless princess, and she was Han's girlfriend. So this allows for a greater incorporation of the female perspective and focus. I mean Leia was there and she WAS a primary character, but she was almost supporting.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think it's Luke and Leia's kids. Han was pissed so he left and now it turns out he's dating one of their kids, Rey.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The recentJ.J. Abrams interviewmentioned earlier. Not a bad read. It had one little nugget that I hadn't even noticed until I read about it just now:

Then there were things like the radar dish on the Falcon, which clearly was ripped off in Jedi, so it needed a new one. But part of the decision was made as a fan. There's a part of me that wants to know: That's the Falcon from this era. Now I know that when I see the Falcon with the rectangular dish, we're at a moment after it traded hands. It also helped us mark time.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It was given in the novelization of the movie too. But I don't recall it being that a jedi had just tried to kill him. I remember it being explained as him generally being sickly because his few remaining organic parts were failing.
It was Mace Windu that Force crushed his chest causing him to cough the way he does, iirc.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The recentJ.J. Abrams interviewmentioned earlier. Not a bad read. It had one little nugget that I hadn't even noticed until I read about it just now:

Then there were things like the radar dish on the Falcon, which clearly was ripped off in Jedi, so it needed a new one. But part of the decision was made as a fan. There's a part of me that wants to know: That's the Falcon from this era. Now I know that when I see the Falcon with the rectangular dish, we're at a moment after it traded hands. It also helped us mark time.
quite a few things out of that interview, if its the same one I read today. "Traded hands" was a big one. Potentially bigger was twice saying that this upcoming story would be told in "at least" three films.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know we are a bunch of cynical bastards here but that shit is just depressing. Glad he got to see it.