Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hollywood actually has a woman problem in that there's usually one per film as love interest doing fuck all, I don't know about race but Samuel L Jackson is old and Will Smith is shit now. Changing that isn't "SJW shit". I hope that Mad Max and Star Wars are signs of what we will get now moving forward, white men are like 35%-45% of the population depending on country so that's how many film leads we should expect.

"SJW Shit" would be nagging/bullying over minor or non existent things. Like the people nitpicking "omg no Asians in Star Wars!?" and austistically ticking all the diversity boxes. Or going "omg most action movies have male leads" when women tend not to watch those as much and instead see romantic comedies.

Cybsled

Like Chris pointed out, people don't even know what SJW means. It's like a 5 year old who learns a new swear word and just starts spamming it.

Can you imagine shows like Xena today? We used to like it because it was a fun show. If it was around today, you'd have people going "Omg, Hercules is stronger but they made Xena better. Fucking sjw rawr rabble!!!"

It is like the people that use the term "Mary Sue" to describe anyone who isn't a goth emo fuckwit who has a drug problem and a broken home.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This movie was terrible. I understand the nostalgia people have for it but it was not a good movie in any respect. The girl was good though, I'll give her credit.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
This movie was terrible. I understand the nostalgia people have for it but it was not a good movie in any respect. The girl was good though, I'll give her credit.
I don't know if that's fair. Kylo Ren's hair was amazing, luxurious, bouncy, and never fettered by his helmet. His hair alone makes the movie passable.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if that's fair. Kylo Ren's hair was amazing, luxurious, bouncy, and never fettered by his helmet. His hair alone makes the movie passable.
You could be right and I may have just been trolled for almost three hours without even realizing it.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Nah, it's way more than that. The first two movies are two of the greatest movies of all time (especially Empire). Was it mostly by accident? Probably. Did Harrison Ford have a lot to do with how good the originals were? Absolutely. But the original trilogy deserves its rightful accolades. They were way ahead of their time (the reason they still stand up even decades later). This movie was just a hollow ripoff of the original trilogy, with Kevin Hart as the new Han Solo, and Richard Simmons as the new Vader. When the fanboyism wears off in a few years, people will snap out of their trance and say "what the fuck was I thinking?" Just like most of them did a few years after the prequels, and the sanctity of the originals will be wholly restored and appreciated.
Have you sought recovering battered victim therapy for PTSD?

Jive Turkey

Karen
How will you get updates on the screenplays his friends wrote
He suddenly makes so much more sense. Literally 90% of the film industry people I know are the most jaded, pessimistic, cantankerous fucks imaginable. They got into the industry because the thought they would be directors and now they're grips. Him repeatedly shitting on this movie fits the mold perfectly

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
TFA was not high art, nor was it meant to be. it was made to re-establish the franchise after the travesty of the prequels. it succeeded in that regard, if it got any oscar nominations then its something to gush about when it comes out on video. yeah, han solo was cool to see again. could have done without the SJW shit, but thats the atmosphere of the day.
Nor was old star wars but this crap ? nothing original at all just like most of Hollywood, its all "SOMETHING reloaded". I actually prefer the prequels to this lame film. ( yes even with the horrid casting, acting and dialogue ).

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
If I were Emperor, everyone who claims that the prequels are better than TFA would be aggressively beaten. Everyone who complains about it because of SJW something or other would have a rusty railroad spike kicked up their urethra, and then would be aggressively beaten.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
If I were Emperor, everyone who claims that the prequels are better than TFA would be aggressively beaten. Everyone who complains about it because of SJW something or other would have a rusty railroad spike kicked up their urethra, and then would be aggressively beaten.
y

From my perspective the prequels were better than TFA but only because Lucas created something, a story that was the prequels. I love the way they look, the jedi council stuff and even the story of Anakin turning which was much better in the book. Yoda alone is worth some credibility.

That said, the acting and dialogue is fucking terrible outside of Ewan Mcgregor, Yoda, emperor. Hayden Christansen just sucked ass.

From my perspective TFA was not a creative or new story at all, it was Episode IV, with things that annoyed ppl removed. Well sure, if your version of new star wars is "same story, but without things that annoyed me" then sure, it makes sense ppl would love it.

But it is still a hollywood rehash of EP IV. I hope they take a new turn in 8.. if its like we realize that Ren and the chick are brother and sister, i am going to leave the fucking theater.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nothing about the story in any Star Wars movie is creative or new. It is a retelling of millenniums old stories, but with Han Solo and blasters. At least until you get to the prequels, which are just whatever that is. Trade negotiations etc.

It does map closely to ANH, more closely than I would have liked. But it still advances the story.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Nothing about the story in any Star Wars movie is creative or new. It is a retelling of millenniums old stories, but with Han Solo and blasters. At least until you get to the prequels, which are just whatever that is. Trade negotiations etc.

It does map closely to ANH, more closely than I would have liked. But it still advances the story.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
From wiki

George Lucas has acknowledged the heavy influence of The Hidden Fortress on Star Wars,[6] particularly in the technique of telling the story from the perspective of the film's lowliest characters, C-3PO and R2-D2.[7][8] Lucas's original plot outline for Star Wars also had a strong resemblance to the plot of The Hidden Fortress,[9] which would be reused for The Phantom Menace.
Seems like JJ just followed the traditions set forth by Lucas.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I understand people who don't like TFA: remake of ANH, SJW shit, kylo ren is emo, JJ is a hack, etc....
But saying the prequels are better? Lol. Worse....thinking that the prequels are better than anything

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
giphy.gif