Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Likewise. Have seen TFA on premium cable a few times now because it happened to be on.

The problem TLJ has on re-watch value is that it didn't meet the "so bad its good" criteria. They would have been better off going further as the late @kegkilla alluded to. Rian just didn't go far enough. He needed to cross the finish line.

I really believe the Space Nun rave with lightsaber glowstick twirling would have sent it over that edge with ease.

"[It's] not a raiding party, but an actual party, with caretakers celebrating and swinging glow sticks....The caretakers all stop and look at Rey, confused. One of the caretaker motions [to] her glow stick and Rey swings her lightsaber, imitating her movements, and sighs. The caretakers resume partying. Rey spots Chewbacca sitting at the party with a bunch of Porgs and R2-D2 (wearing a festive necklace). 'Seriously?' Rey says to Chewie before storming out to find Luke."

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
im watching this movie right now and just wanted to make sure i got this right:

the first order blows up leia's ship, leia flies through space to another ship. then the first order and the rebellion just sit around next to each other while rebellion tries to figure out how to infiltrate their SIXTY KILOMETER SHIP CREWED BY 2.2 MILLION PEOPLE to disable some hyperspace tracking thing?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
im watching this movie right now and just wanted to make sure i got this right:

the first order blows up leia's ship, leia flies through space to another ship. then the first order and the rebellion just sit around next to each other while rebellion tries to figure out how to infiltrate their SIXTY KILOMETER SHIP CREWED BY 2.2 MILLION PEOPLE to disable some hyperspace tracking thing?

Nah, they blow up the command center of the ship she's on, and she space Mary Poppins back to the nearest air lock. The ship itself remains intact. Not that your assessment is in any other way incorrect.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i think the rebellion would get its ass kicked a lot less if they stopped putting all these women into admiral positions

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
*Spoilers
vice_admiral_holdo_my_beer_by_sheason-dbxlcrg.png

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this suuuuuuuuuuper slooooooooooooooow getaway plot device is one of the most retarded things ive ever seen. it would probably aggravate me a lot less if that was a minor plot point but they based the whole movie around it

4/10 for me, will never watch again.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this suuuuuuuuuuper slooooooooooooooow getaway plot device is one of the most retarded things ive ever seen. it would probably aggravate me a lot less if that was a minor plot point but they based the whole movie around it

This was my main gripe with the movie. The fact that the Finn subplot is based around this (and the lack of a 10 second conversation about "the plan") made it somehow even worse.

• 2Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

You didn't find it interesting to watch faster than lightspeed capable craft just run at idle speed in a small section of one solar system? :) (kidding)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
10 minutes into this movie... The urge to turn it off is real.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only lasted until Emo Ren threw his first tantrum. From what I've read I didn't miss anything good or important after that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Artificial ticking clock scenario" I'm sure there's a trope with an official name for those but if a movie has one it's usually shit, and if it's the backdrop to the central plot you can write it off right there.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't go back and reread the last 100 pages, but at the very end, when Finn pulls the blanket out of the bin, those were the Jedi tomes yes?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
The more time that goes by for me to consider this movie, the worse it gets. I Initially gave this movie a half hearted approval but now I think I have done a complete 180 on that.

This movie, although still has a few good points to it, is mostly shit.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The question now is just how much worse than the Phantom Menace/Clone Wars it is.

Phantom Menace had Duel of the Fates so Clone Wars is worse than Phantom Menace in my opinion but at least it moved the plot forwards.

• 2Like