Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
The sad part is Disney has the ability to go their own direction with Star Wars since they seem to have a massive raging boner about fucking to all the exsisting lore. Why not just go KOTOR style and create a new story from scratch in a different timeline. No need to shit on the cannon and fuck over Luke, Han, and their tard children.
That's effectively what Disney did by gifting the shitpile that became TLJ to Rian Johnson. Turns out it was the foreplay to his sodomy he's about to perform on the franchise when he pumps out his trilogy "from scratch".

To be fair, I wouldn't have guessed this from Johnson, who had a respectable body of work pre-TLJ.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
magnets-550x327.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Was the Asian cunt who fell down her ship and the bomb remote control also magnets? Otherwise try again..

Are you asking did the remote fall because of magnets? The bomber has artificial gravity inside of it and a containment field over the bomb bay exit.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I fully realize that the autists will just find something else to rage about but the whole thing could be solved with like two lines near the beginning of the fight.

"Their shields are blocking our projectiles...we'll have to 'gravity' bomb them."
"We're inside the capital ship's gravity well...release the bombs!"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Was the Asian cunt who fell down her ship and the bomb remote control also magnets? Otherwise try again..

Why does the Millennium Falcon have gravity in it? Why aren't all the people and objects blown out into the vacuum of space in the hangars of star destroyers?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why does the Millennium Falcon have gravity in it? Why aren't all the people and objects blown out into the vacuum of space in the hangars of star destroyers?

Why didn't Leia plummet like a rock instead of floating? There is no consistency and the writing it piss poor. The movie sucked monkey shit. I feel bad for Mark Hamill.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ooooooo link please

Very under the weather so can't scrounge all the links. Its something that played out over time. Rian shrugging off Leia Poppins in the final cut is from an article source, but it started with Rian Know-It-All Johnson acting like he is holding all the cards. This is what started the pressure to give a definitive answer on Leia Poppins and as I mentioned earlier-- the more press interactions Rian has, the worse the movie gets.

You can see his bodylanguage and know-it-all secret bitch demeanor. The way he quietly and reluctantly corrects Rey. This gives us some insight into how he treats not just his actors, but also his creative process. I've never seen someone talk their movie into a lower score like Rian before. This guy is a trailblazer.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The unbelievably fucking retardedly contrived tension about whether the bombs are going to fall or not is one of the things worth criticizing though. If I were like 12 years old and had an IQ of like 12, then I probably would have thought that scene was pretty awesome.

• 2Worf

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
The unbelievably fucking retardedly contrived tension about whether the bombs are going to fall or not is one of the things worth criticizing though. If I were like 12 years old and had an IQ of like 12, then I probably would have thought that scene was pretty awesome.
I've shit on the movie plenty, but I considered that scene to at least be in line with the spirit of previous movies, which have never been really great at respecting physics / science. I may have had a fleeting moment of "well that's kind of dumb" before thinking of ways it could be explained away.

Casually opening a fucking hatch to let Leia Poppins back into the ship without sucking Finn and the rest of her rescuers into space (which is the EXACT mechanism used just scenes before to put her in space in the first place) was pants-on-head retarded though.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users