Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The question now is just how much worse than the Phantom Menace/Clone Wars it is.

Phantom Menace had Duel of the Fates so Clone Wars is worse than Phantom Menace in my opinion but at least it moved the plot forwards.
Worse. Leia supermaning back into the ship after being blown into space is far worse than the metachlorines talk Jinny had with little vader.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Damn this is actually pretty good. Fire Rian Johnson and hire this guy immediately.

Damn this is actually pretty good. Hire Rian Johnson, just some guy with no writing credits, to write the movie, and accept the FIRST DRAFT he turns in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
What's the odds of some enraged Star Wars fan doing some murder attempt or weird kidnap / torture thing to Ryan J

It's not unprecedented, there was some dude 15 or so years ago ( IIRC ) who had some plan to kidnap Spielberg and lock him in a torture dungeon and butt-rape him. The rape room was ready and everything when they caught him.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think Rian Johnson underestimated the rate of schizophrenia among Star Wars Skywalker diehards. Combined with him plastering his face everywhere (Disney aggressively promotes their movies, the Prequels had much less in-your-face affair. Especially from Lucas as director. We barely saw him.) and you got one bad mixture. Anyone who knows anything about schizophrenic fixation on people and how it works knows why it would be a great idea to keep a low profile or just have bowed out after the movie released. Instead he has been conducting an apology tour and slowly shifting and assigning blame (I.E. He just blamed Kennedy for the Leia Poppins bullshit after Rey got caught looking stupid during a sit-down interview about it). He also interjects and inserts his two cents proudly when he should be just letting the TLJ hatewagon burn itself out. He has a personal website, a personal twitter account, and a personal instagram where he continues to make himself accessible.

TLDR; He's given too many interviews and answered too many tweets, and deleted tweets, to not get butt burgled by a_star_wars_fan00. If I were him, I'd start working on stretching exercises and get comfortable being in front of the camera instead of behind it-- because they are probably gonna livestream that shit. Unlike Spielberg though, I think Rian is personable and affable enough to talk himself out of any planned torture. It'll be a one-off affair with complimentary grease.

Last edited:

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Damn this is actually pretty good. Hire Rian Johnson, just some guy with no writing credits, to write the movie, and accept the FIRST DRAFT he turns in.

Ahem ...

Rian Johnson - IMDb

It's really not that hard to confirm this stuff before you decide to riff on it.

Combined with him plastering his face everywhere (Disney aggressively promotes their movies, the Prequels had much less in-your-face affair. Especially from Lucas as director. We barely saw him.)

Most people don't remember or were never aware that Lucas had a live webcam stream active during certain parts of the production of TPM. You could actually watch parts of it being filmed in real time. It was partially responsible for the heavily detailed spoilers that made the rounds prior to release. If social media had been a thing back then he'd have been all over it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rian Johnson is garbage and should never be given a chance to ruin another franchise.

Its sad when you have to bring in JJ Abrams to SALVAGE a fucking franchise, one that he conservatively brought back to life with TFA. When Luke Skywalker is running around and telling anyone who will listen how much he disagreed with Johnson's vision and disliked the fate and arc of his character in the movie, you got a huge problem.

I dont understand why Disney would make these decisions,

-Minimize Luke Skywalker and turn him into a self absorbed, grumpy hermit who has almost no real affect on the direction of the plot (besides fan service at the end to even justify him being apart of the movie in the first place).

-Not kill off Princess Leia, and have the Mary Poppins thing in the final cut, knowing the negative reaction they would get.

-Totally render Finn, Phasma, and that entire arc useless, by having all of their efforts end up being in vain and made no real impact on the viewer, or the plot.

-Not expand, explain or even spend 5 minutes on the origins of Snoke, instead killing him off, making his character entirely forgettable and erased all of the speculation and fan anticipation.

I bet they attempt to minimize this film going forward and throw all of their eggs in the episode 9 basket, Toy sales for TLJ were below expectations, and the reception has been luke warm to negative. The numbers were there because Star Wars, but Abrams is going to have to really turn the ship around in order to wrap everything up in a way that satisfies everyone. I think he can do it.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is how you fix Mary Poppins

73a172780dc1933a2143f4c184f928c7.jpg

instead of hinting that it's Kylo, instead it's Leia. Luke wanted to train Leia, since they'd actually be like the only two force sensitives around, and w/ vader blood makes em omnipotent. I mean she is "there is another" and in the now cannon stories Yoda had wanted to train her instead of Luke anyways since Luke is a dumb petulent farm boy while Leia is a refined Princess.

Just show Luke moving a few rocks and Leia moves a fucking mountain... then she goes, fuck this, i got some senator'in to do.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Thats the thing though, Kylo started off stopping a laser shot mid stream...and being all bad ass, to turning into a whiney brat, who loses a duel to someone who picks up a lightsaber for the first time with zero training, and then struggles fighting a bunch of guards. So where exactly has Luke seen this raw strength before. Becasue to be honest, the meme is real...its starting to look like Ren and Kylo are 'pro rock movers' and nothing more. Not enough midichlorians i guess?

Space Leia?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Luke saw it once before... in the most powerful sith he encountered, while traveling around and digging around his father's home planet. He fled from this raw power, Darth Plageuis the Wise, who will return in Episode 9 to burn the galaxy to the ground

Y3gV3nC.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just want to say that the scene where Kylo chooses not to fire and kill his mother, then his wingman fires anyway is a great scene and the perfect way to kill off Carrie Fisher.

Have her floating in space force talking to Luke and say goodbye, prompting Luke into action and training Rey. Fade to black.

Have Kylo get the credit which has Snoke let his guard down later, becauae actually he does still have good within him and Snoke doesn't know.

I think this would be possible to do in a fan edit.

Another way would be have Leia fade away at the same time as Luke at the end of the movie. These people are just retarded... it was so easy...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

That was a fitting place to kill her off, properly. It set up so, so many things for Kylo and Snoke... but...well, forget that noise! SJW!!!!!!!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ahem ...

Rian Johnson - IMDb

It's really not that hard to confirm this stuff before you decide to riff on it.

On a serious note, and speaking of Rian's writing, we know he was working on a science fiction stand-alone movie prior to being pulled in to the Lucas Film fold.

It is probable that this FIRST DRAFT he submitted had a lot of plot devices and borrowed character nuances (possibly including Admiral SJW). I also think borrowed Messages from his sci-fi movie likely happened and that is why so much of the movie sacrificed plot for message. It was a rough draft of a decent stand-alone sci-fi flick he was already working on, he then adapted some of it to TLJ. I'm leaning toward the Canto Bight arms-dealers-get-rich-by-killing-people-indirectly shit being adapted from his pre-TLJ script and Admiral SJW's suicide being a moment he had already written for his own movie. This is why so much stuff felt shoe-horned and disjointed. I'm just scratching the surface as we can't truly know.

But based on ALL of the Rian media, all of the Rian interviews, all of the little details-- I've decided that this stand-alone pre-TLJ script was likely responsible for a lot of problems with TLJ.

The above is more plausible than people blaming George Lucas for TLJ (laughable). I strongly disagree with the comparisons being made to Lucas's Episode 7 concept art and storylines. I just don't see those playing any role in TLJ. I don't see TFA playing any role in TLJ. Why would Lucas have influence on TLJ's creative process if TLJ was largely free of influence from TFA? I thought it was generally accepted that Rian was free of creative influence.

The Disney fanboys are doing mental gymnastics to assign blame. Lucas has fuckall to do with TLJ. It is so much more probable that Rian's own untitled science fiction movie that he wanted to make played a larger role with any TLJ problems. Rian saw this as an opportunity to make his movie. HIS movie that he was already working on prior to becoming involved in Star Wars.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
On a serious note, and speaking of Rian's writing, we know he was working on a science fiction stand-alone movie prior to being pulled in to the Lucas Film fold.

It is probable that this FIRST DRAFT he submitted had a lot of plot devices and borrowed character nuances (possibly including Admiral SJW). I also think borrowed Messages from his sci-fi movie likely happened and that is why so much of the movie sacrificed plot for message. It was a rough draft of a decent stand-alone sci-fi flick he was already working on, he then adapted some of it to TLJ. I'm leaning toward the Canto Bight arms-dealers-get-rich-by-killing-people-indirectly shit being adapted from his pre-TLJ script and Admiral SJW's suicide being a moment he had already written for his own movie. This is why so much stuff felt shoe-horned and disjointed. I'm just scratching the surface as we can't truly know.

But based on ALL of the Rian media, all of the Rian interviews, all of the little details-- I've decided that this stand-alone pre-TLJ script was likely responsible for a lot of problems with TLJ.

The above is more plausible than people blaming George Lucas for TLJ (laughable). I strongly disagree with the comparisons being made to Lucas's Episode 7 concept art and storylines. I just don't see those playing any role in TLJ. I don't see TFA playing any role in TLJ. Why would Lucas have influence on TLJ's creative process if TLJ was largely free of influence from TFA? I thought it was generally accepted that Rian was free of creative influence. The Disney fanboys are doing mental gymnastics to assign blame. Lucas has fuckall to do with TLJ.

*stole from fanfic.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The sad part is Disney has the ability to go their own direction with Star Wars since they seem to have a massive raging boner about fucking to all the exsisting lore. Why not just go KOTOR style and create a new story from scratch in a different timeline. No need to shit on the cannon and fuck over Luke, Han, and their tard children.

They could of gone back before storm troopers exsisted and added all the spook janitors they wanted without shitting on the fact all storm troopers are Jango Fett. You can introduce dumb cunts like Ray with "lol no background you are nobody" and it all doesn't matter because it doesn't take a giant steaming sea slug on the chest of the previous movies.

Also the writer who put Asian skank sister in a bomber plane in outspace even though lol what's gravity should be forcibly face fucked with a tire iron.

• 1Solidarity