Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ahh - here you go.

If anyone thinks TLJ is "good" - here is essentially a scene by scene rebuttal and it incorporates user comments and "standard arguments for TLJ"

Tldr: TLJ was legit shit

Does anyone even need a breakdown of why it was shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 1 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone even need a breakdown of why it was shit.

video said:
I have a few goals to reach with this new video. Firstly I want to create a video that critiques and discusses the writing in Star Wars The Last Jedi in full, chronologically, but unlike my previous video this will be without the anger or language that prevents children from viewing it as many have shared that they want a safe version of my video for their children to understand and learn from, which I am more than happy to provide in this instance.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Disney Exec#1: Did we do enough to try and replicate the grandeur of Ep 1-3?
Disney Exec#2: Hmm.. yes yes, but we need a truly hate able character..
Disney Exec #1 & #2: A Fat Annoying Bucket Hair Asian!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Finally gave in and rewatched it, couldn't finish it in one sitting and had to go do something else and come back. Movie still sucks for the same reasons it sucked in December.

No idea how they're going to rebound from this mess with Ep 9, since half of it is going to have to be exposition just to fill in all the gaps and inconsistencies from 7 & 8.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
No chance they can - it's fucked now unfortunately. I don't have the slightest bit of faith Abrams can put together a conclusion epic enough to overcome the blandness of TFA nor the farce that was TLJ.

• 1Solidarity

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It's been said before in this thread. But one of the best ideas is to have it all be a dream.

Rey wakes up in a bunk, on board the Falcon while still en-route to Luke's island, she's in a sweat. "Oh god, I just had the worst dream!"

Cheesy, yes. But I'd be okay with it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That would require Kennedy and others at Disney to believe it was bad. I'm sure they don't.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
They can't really do that, for as much as we all shit on TLJ there is a good 20-40% (maybe more? who knows) of people who love the movie so you can't really do something that pisses off that many people, even though nobody seems to care about pissing off the OT fans. At this point the only reasonable expectation is episode 9 will suck balls and just post memes

9dvpurkiwyr01.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep defy everything in the universe to redeem his father. But get a half second of "feelwings" about his nephew, and hey, fuck that kid!

God TLJ was a shit shit movie.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Name one actress who could have made that character likable in such a pointless arc.
well if you want to stick w/ an asian, with the same height, same age, and same body structure?
485315.jpg

Brenda Song, she's infinitely more pleasing to the eye, and has acted on the Disney channel for half her life, so she has experience. (also thats the most sfw photo of her now)

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not a case of race. It's a case of face.

Disney wanted to go full 3rd wave and sell a butt ugly. And it ain't selling.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Inserting fapbait into the casting doesn't make the character any more likable. Probably reduces the overall appeal actually.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're trying to get you to believe Finn would chase that over Daisy. My suspension of disbelief has snapped.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i mean the sister in the bomber was super hot but she probably doesn't speak english, which would have made for a better character

cVAQoi8.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're trying to get you to believe Finn would chase that over Daisy. My suspension of disbelief has snapped.

Hmmm he didn't chase her though. She chased him. True inverted 3rd wave storyline.

She sexually assaulted him too if I remember correctly. Unsolicited kiss without any indication or consent-- Weinstein level stuff.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She served her purpose though. She was made to make Finn look good in comparison. Because Rey had been allowed to totally outshine him in the force awakened they needed to reset his character. Rose did that by being so bad he looked good when compared to her. That whole arc of story line was almost certainly supposed to be Finn and Poe not Fin and Rose. Beyond there initial meeting at the escape pods.

Last edited:
  • 1Like