Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You think the laser stuff is bad? Pause for a moment and realize that it's a slow chase in space and any one of those First Order ships could have just jumped out and back in, but in the path of the ship they were chasing, or you know... in between it and the planet they were obviously heading towards. The planet that somehow wouldn't be the obvious place the escape ships would flee to once they sacrificed their vessel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nah. This shit deserves to be panned until the end of time. It should be the cinema equivalent of "remember the Alamo" I want to be sitting in unsanctioned underground chat room 30 years from now bitching about Rose & Finn

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Flew too high and burnt the wing.

You don't get to be 'Star Wars' and be an invaluable IP with tens of millions of worshipers and then suddenly receive a 'get out of jail free' card when you decide you can now mind-rape the worshipers just because you've purchased the rights to 'Star Wars' *coughcatholicchurchcough*.

Think of it this way Gavin, for every time in the last 30 years some person some where has praised Star Wars for being 'more than a movie', that is the exact degree to which it must be rubbed in their faces that they gave the reigns of the most prominent IP in the history of IPs to.... a retarded gaggle of communist faggots.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I'm not even a Star Wars fan (only watch it because it's space opera) but I feel strongly enough about the bullshit they pulled/made that I'll go out of my way to mock it

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Yeah, I'm not even a Star Wars fan (only watch it because it's space opera) but I feel strongly enough about the bullshit they pulled/made that I'll go out of my way to mock it

It's so fucking obvious what they are doing it's insulting.

TLJ is to SJWism what Kolberg was to Nazism.

Siliconemelons

Solo movie showed us that "the universe" knows of, uses and admits - short burst - light speed jumps - i.e what's done on the last bit of the of the Kessel run scene.

TLJ is 985.359% shit, in every single scene

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pause for a moment and realize that it's a slow chase in space and any one of those First Order ships could have just jumped out and back in, but in the path of the ship they were chasing, or you know... in between it and the planet they were obviously heading towards. The planet that somehow wouldn't be the obvious place the escape ships would flee to once they sacrificed their vessel.

This.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will always imagine the last 3 ships are the last 3 fucks that they gave, each one slowly fading away and dying off until finally the last fuck gets turned into shit and flung through hyperspace splattering fecal debris over the franchise while the survivors try to sneak off in the darkness.

Great plan, thanks for not telling anyone until the last minute.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
The whole damn trip was pointless.

They could've literally had them do anything because those minutes of the movie do absolutely nothing to affect the plot of the movie. If Rian Johnson wanted to make failure a theme, fine, but there still needs to be a point to these sequences. They could fail and something could still happen to further the plot. Maybe they meet someone who becomes important later in the film. Maybe their failure triggers a series of events that affects the movie further down the line. Maybe a piece of information is still learned that can be used later. Nope. They just fail. You can take their whole sequence out of the movie and it won't make a bit of a difference

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t know what’s worse. The fact there is going to be a episode 9 or that I got into a drunken argument this weekend with one of my new trainees about why I thought Phantom Menace was better than last Jedi.

He made me..... defend Jar Jar.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I had actually forgotten about the lightsabre shoulder toss until I came back in here. You guys are wrong about Luke being an angry old man in TLJ. He's an angsty teen drama queen. He was written like the new kid in high school trying to look cool on his first day. Complete with brushing his force ghost shoulder off as his final act.

Absolute trash.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users