Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think Feige is, I think it is being foisted on him by his Disney Overlords.
But the point stands that as long as the Mouse is in control the shit is only going to get worse.
yeah man, same thing, i predict Feige will announce he is leaving a month or so after Endgame hits, then it will truly be the end of an era

Sevens

Log Wizard
yeah man, same thing, i predict Feige will announce he is leaving a month or so after Endgame hits, then it will truly be the end of an era
If Feige leaves Marvel is dead, I truly believe he is the only thing keeping it on track as it is.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Feige leaves Marvel is dead, I truly believe he is the only thing keeping it on track as it is.
unless he is fucking Larson, there is no way he is fine with her hijacking his story archs, i dont think Hemsworth, RDJ and Evans leaving at the same time is a coincidence either. those guys make crazy bank. they might all be getting tossed in favor of this new diversity phase. we need to wait and see how this plays out. we should know in a few months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jesus, that's on point.

Side note, can Feige take over Star Wars? Just reboot the shit out of it. Like Marvel, there's an asston of content to pull from (comics, books) and retell in a new and exciting way. Since these current miscreants can't come up with a cohesive, sensical, or engaging story that actually makes sense and doesn't utterly shit on the existing background and content of characters, and the universe.

We've seen what the existing "creators" have done with the IP, and even when they retell a story (A New Hope, I mean The Force Awakens), it's still shit.

Feige turned it down last year. JJ also turned it down.

Maybe after he leaves Marvel he will change his mind.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Peterson talks about Jungian archetypes and the prevalence in all of human literature to create the 'Hero' and make him travel to the belly of the beast in order to rescue his dead father.

Luke Skywalker did exactly this and became the icon of an entire generation. Lucas himself mis-attributed the success of Star Wars to Vader when it was actually Luke (and Han and Leia) who made it what it was.

I would say that the only way for Star Wars to be saved at this point is for Rey to save her father.

But Rey now has no father. Rian Johnson has seen to it that she is a worthless cast-off orphan who has been betrayed by her mentor Luke, ("The Jedi must end."). She has no Snoke or even Kylo to act as a surrogate or even corrupt father. She has no father to speak of whatsoever. Not even Fin can stand in and be her man. Even Han, who showed her a smidge of fatherly compassion, is now dead. I was hoping for Rey + Fin, but Rian Johnson decided to flip the chess-board over instead.

Instead we get a pink-haired domineering oedipal mother who demands that the good-guys 'shut up and obey orders'.

Suddenly, in the span of 30 years, the way to be a 'good guy' in Star Wars has gone from Luke Skywalker..... to Admiral Sarkeesian.

"Be good on the inside and win the war on the outside" has given way to "Obey orders as you've been instructed to, you stupid little slave."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
*slaps AG's back* And who said a day late and dollar short?

We got a whole money printing press on our hands.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
By the way, can we all agree that if we were Fin we would go for Rey and not Rose?

Seriously. Daisy Ridley is almost a legit 10. To me she is. She's practically perfect looking. And not a terrible actress, all things considered.

To think that Fin would forget ass-kicker hottie Rey in order to get lost in the eyes of squishy SJW fattie Rose is completely ludicrous.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
By the way, can we all agree that if we were Fin we would go for Rey and not Rose?

Seriously. Daisy Ridley is almost a legit 10. To me she is. She's practically perfect looking. And not a terrible actress, all things considered.

To think that Fin would forget ass-kicker hottie Rey in order to get lost in the eyes of squishy SJW fattie Rose is completely ludicrous.
he had no interest in that jap bitch. he was either after Rey or Poe. or both. but Rose just inserted herself in his life and he was stuck with her to the point he was ready to kill himself until this fucking asshole T-Boned him out of it.
props to RLM

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

I thought that's where things were headed, Rose was out of left field. The only thing about Rose is that she likes him. Girls are a lot more attractive when they like you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
he had no interest in that jap bitch. he was either after Rey or Poe. or both. but Rose just inserted herself in his life and he was stuck with her to the point he was ready to kill himself until this fucking asshole T-Boned him out of it.

That Japanese girl was almost perfectly written as a girl who shall never be impregnated.

I truly want/wanted to like Fin and Rey. Both actors made this easy in the first movie. I truly liked both of them in TFA. Fin was such a cool concept (a stormtrooper who 'wakes up') and Rey was the new version of Luke, only this time Luke is an impossibly good looking woman. Also, she 'wakes up' to the Force on her own.

I really might struggle for a few years on how to fully conceptualize just how bad things got in Episode 8.

Episode 7 was all good by my standards. Yeah, it was a re-skin of the very first movie, but that is what the franchise needed at the time. No more midocholrians, let's just get down to business.

Ep8 will probably go down in history as the worst Star Wars film of all time. This is keeping both Ep1 and the Plinkett reviews in mind. It was worse than the prequels. Yes really.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a fair point.

But Daisy Ridley is still worth the risk.
Maybe that's the arc, he accepts the easy route because pink in the middle, but keeps trying for Rey and two movies later finally upgrades in homage to the original "crowning" ceremony. Such a positive message

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I always thought hyperspace was a FTL-workaround where you are taking shortcuts through subspace (or the Star Wars equivalent) rather than just going a zillion miles per hour. I guess not?

In the EU it was a different dimension. Like an HOV lane on a highway. The hyperdrive motivator generated a bubble that got you into that space. Similar to warp speed from Star Trek. But the reason you think of it as a series of shortcuts is because of how they have to plot routes through it. They do that because it's still possible to splat into suns and planets and shit. The benefits of doing a hyperspace ram are that you'd be going full speed quickly, and they can't stop you while you close the distance.

Of course that's all on its head with the latest movies. Hyperspace anywhere in the galaxy in a matter of seconds, or take a few days. Whatever fits the story.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

There are also short range hyper jumps, re: Solo @ the end of them doing the kessel run normally (going to) they do a short range jump... aka totally destroying ANY rational of TLJ's slow space race.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not only did we get the whole "running out of fuel" mechanic, apparently once you're out of gas your ship automatically slows down to 0. What runs on gas, what runs on energy, what keeps the ship going, hyperspace ain't got nothing on sublight BS.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, movie 9 is definitely going to start with Rose being executed for treason against the Resistance right?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, movie 9 is definitely going to start with Rose being executed for treason against the Resistance right?
dude, she is currently 10% of The Resistance all by herself, there isnt even enough for a tribunal. since its all wamyn run, good fucking luck getting a conviction.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Not only did we get the whole "running out of fuel" mechanic, apparently once you're out of gas your ship automatically slows down to 0. What runs on gas, what runs on energy, what keeps the ship going, hyperspace ain't got nothing on sublight BS.

Don’t, don’t even begin to go down that rabbit hole... the level of sheer stupidity and literal thoughtlessness in the writing behind this movie is staggering and an abyss that once gazed upon is forever gazing back...

i.e., there is little in that movie that isn’t pants on head retarded and it adds up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users