Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I kinda find this hard to say . . .

I watched some more and that bit where Admiral Blue Hair does the Hyperspace Kamakaze run, is fucken awesome!! All being enhanced by the way the shots in the whole sequence are lit, a sort of highly contrast almost black and white. And the use of dead silence. It really is an amazing movie moment. There did need to be the huge moment in that new Star Wars(s). Prior to this we have had 2 x Death Star destruction's and Starkiller base ( Death Star mkII ), so basically all the same, so something new brought, to the table is very welcome.

And I will say that while fully aware, of how much the rest of the movie is terrible AND the fact that this ( Hyperspace attack ) happening then ruins the understanding of how Hyperspace is supposed to work.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Does the next one come out this year? I haven't heard anything about it, or seen that anyone gives a shit (I don't.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’d rather stare at this Jar Jar gif for 10 hours than watch another Star Wars film.

1552396532895.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 7 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I kinda find this hard to say . . .

I watched some more and that bit where Admiral Blue Hair does the Hyperspace Kamakaze run, is fucken awesome!! All being enhanced by the way the shots in the whole sequence are lit, a sort of highly contrast almost black and white. And the use of dead silence. It really is an amazing movie moment. There did need to be the huge moment in that new Star Wars(s). Prior to this we have had 2 x Death Star destruction's and Starkiller base ( Death Star mkII ), so basically all the same, so something new brought, to the table is very welcome.

And I will say that while fully aware, of how much the rest of the movie is terrible AND the fact that this ( Hyperspace attack ) happening then ruins the understanding of how Hyperspace is supposed to work.

Nope. No, no, no. MichaelScottNo.gif.

I don't give a shit how well crafted the scene is technically or how it works cinematically, it was the perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with the new Star Wars people.

They took a scene that should have been given to an well-respected, beloved character and gave it to a literal blue-hair simply for diversity, inclusion, and #metoo's sake. They compounded that ridiculousness by taking the fundamental nature of light speed as it had been presented throughout Star Wars history and ruining it for a cheap gag only to leave every instance of its exclusion in question.

It could be the worst scene in Star Wars history and that is saying a lot with flying Leia out there.

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Holdo Maneuver also makes you wonder why they never used Light/Hyper speed missiles before. or why Holdo had to sacrifice herself and not just use one of their many junk ships as a projectile in the past. yeah, it looked pretty, but it was pretty stupid.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1) Ram ships at light speed
2) Ram manufactured battering rams at light speed
3) Ram asteroids at light speed

All of this would have been done over a billion times before if it was a viable tactic. But they went far, far beyond Khan miracle blood to literally break the entirety of physics for the franchise for one "hero shot" which was ironically cheapened itself when crazy asian girlfriend T-bones the black guy trying to do his own hero shot and preaches about not doing a hero shot. And everyone died anyways.

Between the Holdo scene and Falcon jump past the shields in TFA the second death star could have been obliterated with EASE given these new physics mechanics. There is nothing stopping them from getting through Scarif's shield either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I always thought hyperspace was a FTL-workaround where you are taking shortcuts through subspace (or the Star Wars equivalent) rather than just going a zillion miles per hour. I guess not?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I for one am looking forward to the Death Star mk.IV that has hyperspace shielding. The twist this time will be that it's even bigger! The First Order has made a Dyson Sphere to harness the power of an entire star and will use it to power their solar-system destroying laser beam. It will be defeated by disabling its gravity generator and sending it...into...another star? What? That doesn't make any sense. What's that, Disney is on the line and wants to hire me? Sweet. The Force is Female!

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I for one am looking forward to the Death Star mk.IV that has hyperspace shielding. The twist this time will be that it's even bigger! The First Order has made a Dyson Sphere to harness the power of an entire star and will use it to power their solar-system destroying laser beam. It will be defeated by disabling its gravity generator and sending it...into...another star? What? That doesn't make any sense. What's that, Disney is on the line and wants to hire me? Sweet. The Force is Female!

Your solution would never work and would be rejected immediately, why?

You are not female (forgive my assumption), in this Star Wars universe females are fixing everything that was ruined by men. Men wreck everything, women fix it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Your solution would never work and would be rejected immediately, why?

You are not female (forgive my assumption), in this Star Wars universe females are fixing everything that was ruined by men. Men wreck everything, women fix it.

Easy enough to become MTF trans, which means not only would I be female, I would be a superior female. The other women will just have to try harder.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Does FTM trans beat MTF trans? Are they equal in the oppression?

That's a good question. Is the special strength of a FTM trans enough to overcome the stigma of being a disgusting creature such as a man? If they are treated better than men, does that not mean they aren't actually men? Is it just Women > Men. Or is it MTF/FTM > Female> Men. Or is it MTF > Female > FTM > Men. My brain is trying to do the mental gymnastics required to know the answers to this question, but is failing. I guess that just means I'm a hateful bigot. Womp womp.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That's a good question. Is the special strength of a FTM trans enough to overcome the stigma of being a disgusting creature such as a man? If they are treated better than men, does that not mean they aren't actually men? Is it just Women > Men. Or is it MTF/FTM > Female> Men. Or is it MTF > Female > FTM > Men. My brain is trying to do the mental gymnastics required to know the answers to this question, but is failing. I guess that just means I'm a hateful bigot. Womp womp.

I think it would ultimately come down to how much people want to fuck said being as to how much delusion they can get away with. A hot real female can go full crazy because people want to fuck em, weird fags want to fuck MTF trannies if they are passable so they get away with a moderate bit of crazy, if a FTM tranny looks like a dude nobody gives a shit she worked herself into the wrong side of supply/demand.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I watched some more and that bit where Admiral Blue Hair does the Hyperspace Kamakaze run, is fucken awesome!! All being enhanced by the way the shots in the whole sequence are lit, a sort of highly contrast almost black and white
In a vacuum its visually a great shot. When put into context of the movie and Star Wars as a whole its mindbogglingly retarded that completely breaks the universe as explained a million times now.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Hemingway vs Johnson

I had an abdominal infection that hospitalized me for 2 weeks and incapacitated me for 3 months, about 3 years ago. I made a full recovery.

In the time that I was down I read 4 Hemingway novels.

One thing I learned was that he used the 'Iceberg Method' in his later works after he started getting really good at his craft. He learned and/or developed this literary method alongside F. Scott Fitzgerald of The Great Gatsby fame. They hung out together in Paris for a stint.

They came up with, what is loosely called, "The Iceberg Method".

The so called iceberg method is the idea that an iceberg seems to move through the water with a particular force and direction and purpose and velocity. It's not like an iceflow. An iceflow is a piece of driftwood.

An iceberg is a whole other monster. It reaches down deep into the ocean.

It is the mass of the iceberg, which is %90 underwater, that gives the %10 it's odd and determined motion.

An iceflow will bounce off your ship. An iceberg will gash a hole in it. There is a difference.

-----

The iceberg method says that each character in your story should be an iceberg, and not an iceflow.

This means that Hemingway and Fitzgerald both wrote long backstories to all of their main characters. They would make each character live and fight through a tough life experience. They would write maybe 100 pages on each individual in the town.

Then they would chop %90 of it out. Only %10 of the actual character was displayed in the novel you read. The novel you read actually took the author time to complete the 'iceberg' backstories of every character in the book.

But because the author took the trouble to do the work to flesh out each character.... each character appears, in the novel, to move with grace and majesty.

You can predict the inertia of their character.

--------------------------

Then Rian Johnson is born.

He decides the 'subvert all your expectations'.

The problem isn't that he subverted our expectations, it's that he mocked them. The inertia of these characters meant nothing to him.

He is a petty little tool of a man.

The gravedigger of Star Wars and the entire cultural iceberg upon which it rests.

Last edited:
  • 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hemingway vs Johnson

I had an abdominal infection that hospitalized me for 2 weeks and incapacitated me for 3 months, about 3 years ago. I made a full recovery.

In the time that I was down I read 4 Hemingway novels.

One thing I learned was that he used the 'Iceberg Method' in his later works after he started getting really good at his craft. He learned and/or developed this literary method alongside F. Scott Fitzgerald of The Great Gatsby fame. They hung out together in Paris for a stint.

They came up with, what is loosely called, "The Iceberg Method".

The so called iceberg method is the idea that an iceberg seems to move through the water with a particular force and direction and purpose and velocity. It's not like an iceflow. An iceflow is a piece of driftwood.

An iceberg is a whole other monster. It reaches down deep into the ocean.

It is the mass of the iceberg, which is %90 underwater, that gives the %10 it's odd and determined motion.

An iceflow will bounce off your ship. An iceberg will gash a hole in it. There is a difference.

-----

The iceberg method says that each character in your story should be an iceberg, and not an iceflow.

This means that Hemingway and Fitzgerald both wrote long backstories to all of their main characters. They would make each character live and fight through a tough life experience. They would write maybe 100 pages on each individual in the town.

Then they would chop %90 of it out. Only %10 of the actual character was displayed in the novel you read. The novel you read actually took the author time to complete the 'iceberg' backstories of every character in the book.

But because the author took the trouble to do the work to flesh out each character.... each character appears, in the novel, to move with grace and majesty.

You can predict the inertia of their character.

--------------------------

Then Rian Johnson is born.

He decides the 'subvert all your expectations'.

The problem isn't that he subverted our expectations, it's that he mocked them. The inertia of these characters meant nothing to him.

He is a petty little tool of a man.

The gravedigger of Star Wars and the entire cultural iceberg upon which it rests.
Jesus, that's on point.

Side note, can Feige take over Star Wars? Just reboot the shit out of it. Like Marvel, there's an asston of content to pull from (comics, books) and retell in a new and exciting way. Since these current miscreants can't come up with a cohesive, sensical, or engaging story that actually makes sense and doesn't utterly shit on the existing background and content of characters, and the universe.

We've seen what the existing "creators" have done with the IP, and even when they retell a story (A New Hope, I mean The Force Awakens), it's still shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus, that's on point.

Side note, can Feige take over Star Wars? Just reboot the shit out of it. Like Marvel, there's an asston of content to pull from (comics, books) and retell in a new and exciting way. Since these current miscreants can't come up with a cohesive, sensical, or engaging story that actually makes sense and doesn't utterly shit on the existing background and content of characters, and the universe.

We've seen what the existing "creators" have done with the IP, and even when they retell a story (A New Hope, I mean The Force Awakens), it's still shit.
feige is on board the woke train. there is nobody at disney who isnt

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Spotlight
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
feige is on board the woke train. there is nobody at disney who isnt
I don't think Feige is, I think it is being foisted on him by his Disney Overlords.
But the point stands that as long as the Mouse is in control the shit is only going to get worse.

• 1Like