Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If the accounts are accurate, and they may well not be since they are essentially rumors after all, then it's more than just dialog.

But I wouldn't go into it expecting Luke to be shakin' it up to the extent that even Han did in TFA either way. One of the more defining moments in Luke's life that we witness as an audience is his refusal to fight Vader. I don't think he would go on to become a full blown pacifist but I do think it likely that Luke evolved into more monk than warrior afterwards as a result.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the accounts are accurate, and they may well be not since they are essentially rumors after all, then it's more than just dialog.

But I wouldn't go into it expecting Luke to be shakin' it up to the extent that even Han did in TFA either way. One of the more defining moments in Luke's life that we witness as an audience is his refusal to fight Vader. I don't think he would go on to become a full blown pacifist but I do think it likely that Luke evolved into more monk than warrior afterwards as a result.

Right which is why the biggest question regarding Luke's character is not whether he gets violent or not, but rather what the studio wants us quietly anticipating, why does Luke want to end the Jedi? That is where we are seeing a lot of excitement and anticipation-- in answering that question come release day.

Luke becoming pacifist will just be one small part of that answer I'd think, especially If Rian Johnson has worked his magic even half as much as Mark Hamil has implied there.

Last edited:

Royal

Luke becoming pacifist will just be one small part of that answer I'd think, especially If Rian Johnson has worked his magic even half as much as Mark Hamil has implied there.

Rogue One tried to go the route of the more complex, nuanced protagonists. The execution was fairly lacking. One of the mistakes was their selection of director. Edwards has never demonstrated that character development is his strong suit. They'd have been better off with Tony Gilroy in charge from the beginning because he is quite good with developing those sorts of characters. If you've seen Looper, and you could even say the same to a lesser extent of The Brothers Bloom, then you know that it is very much one of Rian Johnson's strengths.

The catch is going to be can he do so within the confines of what a Star Wars movie has to do and be. It's an open question at this point if anyone can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
too many characters to really develop them, and remember it took 3 movies to really develop the original cast fully.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Run time for Last Jedi just announced as 150 minutes. Beefy.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
People still dumb enough to pay to see these?

Nice, grats Disney, or whoever owns it now.

• 7Picard
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Tickets Go on Sale Monday

ZEw1ofF.gif

• 1Like

Royal

Yeah the trailer has been unofficially confirmed to drop on Monday and ticket sales went live just after the MNF trailer for TFA aired as well. Some people that work at Regal said a couple of days ago they got a heads up from corporate to get their presale ducks in order.

• 1Like

Royal

They haven't come up a lot recently but Making Star Wars has ended up having a lot of advance inside info for TLJ, moreso than they did with R1. But they've been very careful in how and when they let it out. This is supposedly a mock up of the poster than will be revealed when the trailer drops.

For size:

Hero-Poster-Concept.jpg

Yes their artist sucks. And if that's accurate Lucasfilm sure is getting a lot of mileage out of that pic of Rey holding the lightsaber across her body. We'll find out in a day or two is MSW still has the stuff.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fandango already has a queue on the website for Star Wars tickets, get in now and you'll have 20 minutes to make a purchase once it's unlocked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
great heads up Malakriss Malakriss , thank you. Got a little distracted as my county is currently burning to the ground.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Where did you find the queue? All I get is an empty screen when I select a movie time.
Never mind, guess is based on which theater you pick.

• 1Like

Malakriss

My light saber is at half mast and said "Less than a minute" before pausing the line again for my theater's queue. Hype!

sw_queue.jpg

• 1Like

Nex

Molten Core Raider
I heard on the radio this morning that sales begin after the trailer on Monday Night Football. Just a heads up if it wasn't mentioned before.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Tickets purchased! There was 6 seats claimed in the center of the theater when i got there but otherwise I was 2nd or 3rd

• 1Like

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Nice. Got mine too. The 7 o clock show was already sold before they even went on sale lol.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
go through amc.com i just bought a whole row for 8pm on the 14th

• 1Like