Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It doesn't look like a ESB copy (i really hope the final result isn't ) and still praying kylo kills his mother and stays in the dark side.
Is it stupid to think Rey could turn to the dark side??? If so, THAT would be awesome and a bold move by Disney (but....it's Disney nonetheless ).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Really exciting trailer, with a probable large amount of misdirection and red herrings.

Beyond the obvious interpretation from the footage, a theory that could be picked up from all this is that the "raw power" both Luke and Snoke mention having seen once before is not Kylo's but Rey's. Rey seems to have trouble controlling her power at times, and it could be an interesting twist that Luke's Jedi Temple wasn't destroyed by Kylo Ren but by Rey in her youth as the result of a massive Force backlash when she lost control. Remember in the visions Rey had in TFA, she saw a first person perspective of someone about to smash her face in with a weapon and then getting backstabbed by Kylo Ren with his Knights in the background. Could it be that some sort of temple guard was going to kill her to end the disaster and Kylo saved her and was the one to hide her away on Jakku? It would also explain why in TFA when Kylo is told that BB-8 and Finn were able to escape thanks to "a girl", he goes into a rage and demands "What girl?!". It wouldn't make sense unless he already knew Rey.

The trailer seemingly hints that Kylo was the powerful "raw strength" that Luke saw previously though, and didn't handle it properly and as a result the temple and his students were wiped out. It will be an interesting story either way, but the theory above would be a pretty unexpected twist, and could bring a yet unexplored side to Rey's story, though maybe it would diminish Kylo's own arc a little too much if all the attention focuses on Rey.

If I had to voice one small complaint (though admittedly this is just a trailer), we saw twice the Praetorian Guards in Snoke's room and so far they seem to stay completely immobile in both scenes. Hopefully the marketing images where they are seen swinging swords, polearms and other cool weapons isn't just to sell toys (not only at least) and they'll actually do something. There's enough unmoving red guards in the saga so far, these could do something for a change.

Anyways, great visuals, great soundtrack, seems a lot of cool action scenes, I'm really looking forward to Dec 13th to check it out first showing here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I had to voice one small complaint (though admittedly this is just a trailer), we saw twice the Praetorian Guards in Snoke's room and so far they seem to stay completely immobile in both scenes.

Yeah where the fuck is Snoke's room, Ssraeshza Temple?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like a jumble of flashies and shinies with no real sense of what is going on. dont care, will torrent it if it leaks.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It doesn't look like a ESB copy (i really hope the final result isn't ) and still praying kylo kills his mother and stays in the dark side.
Is it stupid to think Rey could turn to the dark side??? If so, THAT would be awesome and a bold move by Disney (but....it's Disney nonetheless ).

How fucking ROCK HOUSE would that be if Luke is the Last Motherfucking Jedi and has to stop them in Episode 9?

That would make this a mega-spoiler trailer-- there is just no fucking way man. That would do HUGE things for the franchise...But if Finn and Poe can't even share a peck on the cheek onscreen, I don't see Dark Knight Rey as any more acceptable to the studio.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
How fucking ROCK HOUSE would that be if Luke is the Last Motherfucking Jedi and has to stop them in Episode 9?

That would make this a mega-spoiler trailer-- there is just no fucking way man. That would do HUGE things for the franchise...But if Finn and Poe can't even share a peck on the cheek onscreen, I don't see Dark Knight Rey as any more acceptable to the studio.

I would say it depends on where Rey would end up in that scenario. Her going dark and becoming the new big bad (or one half of it) for Luke to dispatch? Nope, they'd never do that. Her going bad and eventually being redeemed, walking a shortened version of Vader/Anakin's path (but not dying at the end of it)? Possible. Unlikely but possible.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would say it depends on where Rey would end up in that scenario. Her going dark and becoming the new big bad (or one half of it) for Luke to dispatch? Nope, they'd never do that. Her going bad and eventually being redeemed, walking a shortened version of Vader/Anakin's path (but not dying at the end of it)? Possible. Unlikely but possible.

Definitely was thinking more along the lines of a Vader redemption arc, but really I guess it comes down to how well Mark Hamill came across to the studio as far as is he up to the role. How is his age, how is he coming across on screen, how is his acting.

A Vader redemption arc with Luke featuring in Episode 9 would be a pretty huge undertaking, and given the Episode 7 shift away from OT characters to the point where JJ didn't want Luke present for Han's death or in the movie at all, maybe its a big stretch...

But maybe JJ didn't want Luke in the movie simply because the Vader redemption arc doesn't work if he isn't 100% MIA in Episode 7...ohhhhh wouldn't that be nice if it all made sense? Nerdgasm.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love the trailer, didn't really reveal the entire story as trailers do these days. There is obvious misdirection I think throughout which is good, keep us guessing a bit.

It looks visually stunning.

I'm looking forward to it, as if I wasn't already anyways.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I love the trailer, didn't really reveal the entire story as trailers do these days. There is obvious misdirection I think throughout which is good, keep us guessing a bit.

It looks visually stunning.

I'm looking forward to it, as if I wasn't already anyways.

What I felt exactly. I think we are getting a lot of dialogue intentionally mismatched with moments in the movie to keep us guessing. It's really hard to tell which direction they'll go but i'm going to go with the more cliche guess... I'm thinking Rey and Kylo will have to kill Snoke to avenge Luke who will probably die Obi-wan vs. Vader style and they will begin this new school of light and dark jedi. Where they considered grey jedi at some point maybe in the EU? I believe Qui-Gon believe this to be the way it should be to an extent anyway and Mace Windu was essentially one himself.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
About the only thing I trust in that trailer is Kylo gets conflicted again about killing someone, and Snoke tries to turn Rey with force orgasms because of course he does.

For all we know Luke is the one that needs to be redeemed for turning tail and running after his students were killed.That, of course, would open the possibility of giving Star Wars fans a collective handjob if he mans up one last time to save Rey and/or Kylo.

Equally likely is he tries to murder Rey because he's paranoid.

• 1Worf

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
PS: I actually worry they'll do something fucking stupid with Luke and ME3 the whole thing, because of the stuff Hamil has been saying. It was already bad enough that they turned him into a hermit and a failure, but now they have to answer why.

It'd actually be pretty funny if he'd just been spending the last decade trying to raise his X-wing out of the ocean while force-yoda sighs and facepalms.

The macguffin in TFA was the map to find Luke, don't fuck this up.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm hoping "the last Jedi" is just because Luke doesn't believe in the "Jedi" as an institution anymore, and pushes Rey into a more cult-independent path. Either she wants to learn from Kylo how to better control her powers from another perspective or they join up to become a new group of Force wielders, without all the religious trappings perhaps that caused so much trouble between Jedi and Sith. Sith already seem to be gone so it makes some sense that way.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Did it look to anyone else like they CGI'd Chewbacca's face when he grrrr'd in the cockpit of the Falcon?
Rian Johnson addressed this on twitter. No CGI according to him (and Joonas)

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian Johnson addressed this on twitter. No CGI according to him (and Joonas)

My one teeny tiny complaint, and biggest complaint from TFA-- CGI Snoke can eat a dick along with Lucas for opening the door to CGI main villains in the prequels.

Rian said Snoke isn't a focus of the movie or story, so really a very minor criticism in the big scheme.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Snoke isn't a focus of the movie or story, so really a very minor criticism in the big scheme.

That bitch Snoke is only a pawn. @Cad don't ban me for this spoiler but EP 9 shows who really is behind this shit.

IMG_9973.JPG

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Jesus. The "6pm" shows here in Boston were only $25. I still opted to go with the $18.75 tickets for the 7pm showing instead knowing I may miss out on some sort of collectible doo-dad.

I do think Rian Johnson has carefully crafted some misdirection in all this. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if BB-9E wasn't just BB-8 wearing a disguise.