Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Regarding the title and the ending...
In the end, Rey Palpatine decides that she prefers to be known as Rey Skywalker from then on because she owes more to the teachings of Luke and Leia and nothing to Palpatine, her blood doesn't define who she is, her heart and soul do.
Doomcock talked about that, she chose to identify as skywalker, cuz thats how this works.

iannis

Musty Nester
So lets be clear..This movie's title is Rise of Skywalker and...
By the end of the film the last Skywalker dies while a Palpatine becomes the ultimate Jedi? So Palpatine's family line kills off the Skywalker line in the end? LOL

Really, it's a movie about family. And that's what's important.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Doomcock talked about that, she chose to identify as skywalker, cuz thats how this works.

So SJW message complete: It’s not what you are, it’s what you identify as that matters.

Merry Christmas you fucking cocksuckers!

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So SJW message complete: It’s not what you are, it’s what you identify as that matters.

Merry Christmas you fucking cocksuckers!
At least star wars movies are finally dead now. The smoking corpse of our childhoods can finally be put to rest.

• 8Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Maybe "The Rise of Skywalker" was an ironic title...
So lets be clear..This movie's title is Rise of Skywalker and...
By the end of the film the last Skywalker dies while a Palpatine becomes the ultimate Jedi? So Palpatine's family line kills off the Skywalker line in the end? LOL
Maybe "The Rise of Skywalker" was an ironic title...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oPprEIO.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The best bit though was when Richard E Grant talks about the fact that he's playing some new bad guy character ( first order leader or something ) "Well when you have an accent like mine you're going to be playing an evil character, I'm okay with that."

I got to thinking that perhaps he was fully aware of what he was doing, saying this as a sly way to point out the hypocrisy of it all.

Umm, yeah it's not like British actors have a long history of being cast as villians. Stop reading too much into it

• 1WTF
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Sounds like more of the same from stuff like this:

Review: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The Worst ‘Star Wars’ Movie Ever

The dumb thing is, now it's not just 2 sides of a coin doing reviews for these movies...the people that know they're bad, and the shills that just praise whatever splurgs onto the screen. Now you have the "new generation" Star Wars fans versus "older generation" fans kind of thinking, and these idiots assume us older generation will love Rise of Skywalker because it tries to retcon/walk back a bunch of stuff from Last Jedi...all because they have no idea why most people really hated Last Jedi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In JJ's defense, Rian set him up for the ninth inning with bases loaded and the meat of the order coming up. He panicked, tried his damnedest to impress with his best 98MPH fastball, but it shot straight down the middle for a grand slam. I mean, the guy's not a good closer to begin with. No one should be shocked that he couldn't dig his way out of the previous movie's mess. Oh well, at least we're done with Star Wars films for a while.
JJ left a turd in Disney's lap. He made a shot for shot remake of ANH. Rey was already a bland genetic Mary sue.
Is this really in the movie?
Oh man.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Regarding the title and the ending...
In the end, Rey Palpatine decides that she prefers to be known as Rey Skywalker from then on because she owes more to the teachings of Luke and Leia and nothing to Palpatine, her blood doesn't define who she is, her heart and soul do.
So you are saying she identifies as a Skywalker?
Oh God my fucking childhood...
giphy.gif

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sounds like more of the same from stuff like this:

Review: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The Worst ‘Star Wars’ Movie Ever

The dumb thing is, now it's not just 2 sides of a coin doing reviews for these movies...the people that know they're bad, and the shills that just praise whatever splurgs onto the screen. Now you have the "new generation" Star Wars fans versus "older generation" fans kind of thinking, and these idiots assume us older generation will love Rise of Skywalker because it tries to retcon/walk back a bunch of stuff from Last Jedi...all because they have no idea why most people really hated Last Jedi.
they went over the cliff when they degraded Luke and then killed him. thats game over for me. there was no way they could have saved the franchise after that. them doubling down and bringing Palps back to degrade and kill off the original trilogy was just further proof of it.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they went over the cliff when they degraded Luke and then killed him. thats game over for me. there was no way they could have saved the franchise after that. them doubling down and bringing Palps back to degrade and kill off the original trilogy was just further proof of it.

Agreed. Although I have almost as much of a problem with the whole Speed in space plot having to go just fast enough to prevent damage from their lasers but we're running out of fuel and that makes up over half the plot of the movie, the useless sidequest to find a "codebreaker" (they're fucking slicers) for the stupid tracking device that works through hyperspace, and basically all of the useless "shock" value stuff that isn't done merely to subvert expectations but to try and turn everything into a surprise simply for kicks.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
JJ Abrams is the biggest hack piece of shit this world has ever seen. Looking at this it looks like he simply remade RoTJ and took the plot twist from ETS.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Agreed. Although I have almost as much of a problem with the whole Speed in space plot having to go just fast enough to prevent damage from their lasers but we're running out of fuel and that makes up over half the plot of the movie, the useless sidequest to find a "codebreaker" (they're fucking slicers) for the stupid tracking device that works through hyperspace, and basically all of the useless "shock" value stuff that isn't done merely to subvert expectations but to try and turn everything into a surprise simply for kicks.
how were they able to lead a chase til they ran out of fuel then have enough fuel for Adm Gender Studies to hyperspace through the First Order?

• 1Worf

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
JJ Abrams is the biggest hack piece of shit this world has ever seen. Looking at this it looks like he simply remade RoTJ and took the plot twist from ETS.

While there's always going to be similarities because Star Wars is just one big recycling factory and it being a classic story it's also going to tread common paths, but this didn't feel much like ROTJ or TESB to me... if I had to choose it's a bit more ROTJ because Emperor and big battle at the end during duel, but other than that, the "twist" is revealed pretty early into the movie and it's not like we didn't see it coming anyway..

I don't really get the massive hate JJ gets on this forum, I have no particular love for the man but he makes entertaining movies most of the time, if a bit soulless and generic. For this film, I left the theater thinking that he genuinely tried to do the best with the terrible situation he was handed to deal with, and I do not blame the director for the shortcomings it had.

• 1Dislike