Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There is a shocking overlap in this thread of people who enjoyed this film and original Pantheon Kickstarter pledgers.

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm actually going to see it again on tuesday because my 9 year old wants to see it... but you might notice I never said I loved the movie. I have mixed feelings about it, it's in my opinion far better than TLJ but it has some issues too. I pointed them out, many others have too, and many have also said they overall rather liked it. You might like it too, as you said yourself.

All I'm trying to say is that it is tiresome to see the constant victimization in these movie forums from the same paranoid people over what the SJW woke culture is trying to ram down your throats and trying to destroy you as a fan, a viewer, a person, etc...

No one is out to get you, they're just movies, they are studios, they want your money and have no reason to piss you off.

Sometimes they will, but it's accidental.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How many soybucks were spent on opening night for RoS? Be honest people.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually going to see it again on tuesday because my 9 year old wants to see it... but you might notice I never said I loved the movie. I have mixed feelings about it, it's in my opinion far better than TLJ but it has some issues too. I pointed them out, many others have too, and many have also said they overall rather liked it. You might like it too, as you said yourself.

All I'm trying to say is that it is tiresome to see the constant victimization in these movie forums from the same paranoid people over what the SJW woke culture is trying to ram down your throats and trying to destroy you as a fan, a viewer, a person, etc...

No one is out to get you, they're just movies, they are studios, they want your money and have no reason to piss you off.

What are you talking about? There are about a million documented interviews and articles with them matter of factly stating that these decisions are being made solely on the basis of inclusion and diversity. There isn’t even any attempt to veil the reasoning. Mostly I am blind to it and go in to movies just stupid unless it is something like The Lighthouse. But to claim this culture isn’t being intentionally rammed down throats is just burying your head in the sand.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

All I'm trying to say is that it is tiresome to see the constant victimization in these movie forums from the same paranoid people over what the SWJ woke culture is trying to ram down your throats and trying to destroy you as a fan, a viewer, a person, etc...

1hfmx7.jpg

Of course it's about money.

They think that by being woke they will appeal to more customers, ie. the nontraditional SW fan which is much larger than the traditional SW fan. But they had an opportunity to be inclusive without shitting on their fanbase. But instead, they chose to shit on our heroes and call us whiny victims (similar to what you're doing now) and then created an adversarial relationship, when all they had to do was appreciate the core of what made Star Wars great in the first place.

I don't think they're targeting me, they just think they can get more $$$ by catering to another demo that isn't mine. I for one don't want to support that and I hope their efforts fail because it's completely disloyal to their original fanbase. People used to hate on corporations for being disloyal to their customers but I guess now we're just traumatized victims.

Enjoy your slop.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
What are you talking about? There are about a million documented interviews and articles with them matter of factly stating that these decisions are being made solely on the basis of inclusion and diversity. There isn’t even any attempt to veil the reasoning. Mostly I am blind to it and go in to movies just stupid unless it is something like The Lighthouse. But to claim this culture isn’t being intentionally rammed down throats is just burying your head in the sand.

IOOTI

Lithose Lithose

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

And the people saying that in interviews are saying it only because they think it's the trendy or popular thing to do. If making a homophobic, sexist, antisemitic movie was the new way to get a billion dollars, you'd start hearing that too. Again, those are big movie studios that only care about profit. Any message they're trying to pass through their movies or casting choices are made only hoping to get more viewers or more money, not because they have an actual agenda.

Do you as a person or a fan feel threatened because Rey is a girl? A white girl? Do you feel threatened because Finn is black? Because Rose is asian, or fat, or both? Because lesbians kiss at the end of TROS?

I don't.. I don't watch these movies thinking of real world issues like sexism, gender pay gap, equality, women's rights, LGBTQwhatever, or any other nonense. Rose sucked as a character because the character was stupid as fuck, not because she was asian. Or fat. Rey is a Mary Sue to some, but would a "Gary Stu" (that's a thing according to TV Tropes) be any better? Would Poe and Finn being gay like the actors wanted RUIN Star Wars for you? Personnally I don't give a shit where the fictional characters I like (or dislike) stick their dicks in their off time.

I just don't understand what you think studios are trying to do by "ramming it down your throat", but maybe that's because I'm on the other side of the pond and my whole world doesn't revolve around which bathroom the trannies have to use.

• 2Picard

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
And the people saying that in interviews are saying it only because they think it's the trendy or popular thing to do. If making a homophobic, sexist, antisemitic movie was the new way to get a billion dollars, you'd start hearing that too. Again, those are big movie studios that only care about profit. Any message they're trying to pass through their movies or casting choices are made only hoping to get more viewers or more money, not because they have an actual agenda.

Do you as a person or a fan feel threatened because Rey is a girl? A white girl? Do you feel threatened because Finn is black? Because Rose is asian, or fat, or both? Because lesbians kiss at the end of TROS?

I don't.. I don't watch these movies thinking of real world issues like sexism, gender pay gap, equality, women's rights, LGBTQwhatever, or any other nonense. Rose sucked as a character because the character was stupid as fuck, not because she was asian. Or fat. Rey is a Mary Sue to some, but would a "Gary Stu" (that's a thing according to TV Tropes) be any better? Would Poe and Finn being gay like the actors wanted RUIN Star Wars for you? Personnally I don't give a shit where the fictional characters I like (or dislike) stick their dicks in their off time.

I just don't understand what you think studios are trying to do by "ramming it down your throat", but maybe that's because I'm on the other side of the pond and my whole world doesn't revolve around which bathroom the trannies have to use.

Lol what a simpleton.

You think people on these boards care about boys kissing boys or female leads?

You're just being insulting and elitist.

I'm really going to miss European culture.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

You're on the other side of the pond...So you're in the country arresting people for questioning which bathroom Trannies use then?

Might be why you guys aren't really debating it....

• 1Rimshot

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You're on the other side of the pond...So you're in the country arresting people for questioning which bathroom Trannies use then?

Might be why you guys aren't really debating it....

Yeah because speaking english means I live in England.. :rolleyes:

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah because speaking english means I live in England.. :rolleyes:

lol as if it’s not coming for you too.

I’m surprised they allow white people to even be in movies anymore in Europe.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I’m gonna reset with you Runnen Runnen because we’re way off track.

The main reason I don’t want to watch SW anymore is I just don’t think they’re good anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I’m gonna reset with you Runnen Runnen because we’re way off track.

The main reason I don’t want to watch SW anymore is I just don’t think they’re good anymore.

I agree with you, they don't make them like they used to. Let's be friends and let this thread resume its normal activity of posting angry youtubers and memes and occasionnally a comment about Star Wars.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Thus far the only one who brought up SJW shit is you, really. I made a single reference to "old white males", but mostly because "old white males" seems to be a euphemism used among terrible Hollywood revolutionary culture adherents for anything that is not within their cultural orbit (Like Boomer is for millenials). Destroying the old, forsaking tradition is seen as brave and bold...Except its not. Its stupid if its done indiscriminately and I think the broader culture is starting to realize that, and its why you're getting such a strong counter-cultural push against it. That said...

These new films were bad because they were bad/mediocre movies. First, diversity itself is certainly no road block to being loved by shitlords, Wonder Woman, Logan, Alita, Mad Max? All films where women took over the lead role or shared it, no one had an issue. Really, neither is being "woke". Go watch Watchmen, that show is woke as fuck but is still somewhat decent. SJWism doesn't automatically cause bad movies. What happens is a secondary effect from putting merit second to ideology. When your "story group" fires all your male writers/canon experts, and hires exclusively females, and you wind up with a dogshit story arc--the reason is not because women are bad at stories, its because clearly you weren't selecting the best people for the job, you were instead choosing based on some physical feature that is not related to the skill you should be looking for. If your goal is divsersity and not merit, it doesn't mean your product will be dog shit. It just increases the chances of being dog shit because the primary variable that determines quality (IE skilled contributors) becomes a secondary consideration.

In addition, we can talk about how a lot of revolutionary concepts don't really appeal to the kind of "instinctive" myths that we tend to like because they speak to that lizard brain, and not to your rational mind. Women like Harlequin Romance novels with dangerous men falling in love and being slowly changed into good men not because they believe that shit, and not because they think bad boys are good--but because we recognize some evolutionary truth in that type of story and it appeals to a part of us that's not quite conscious. Same with the Hero's Journey...it works because it's merely a reflection of life. Taking the call to adventure is simply growing up, crossing that boundary of innocence to learn the "powers" adults around you seem to have ect. This works on a deeper level than manufactured culture. Its why artists, real artists, don't really know where art comes from. Anytime you plan to express some ideological point, you run the risk of turning art into propaganda. And that's a line that can fuck up art real quick. How much of the problem was this vs the merit thing? I'm not sure; but I think its pretty clear Hollywood culture had a hugely negative impact on these stories.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users