Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There are always a bunch of uncredited writers on a movie script, people are fired, shit get rewritten a bunch of times, origanl writers get mad about changes want their name taken off. Sometimes the movie only has one single scene or a character name left from the very first draft.

I remember Kevin Smith talking about the last Die Hard and 35 writers worked on that script including him and they only kept a single line of dialogue he wrote.

The point of the pic I think is the script was written by committee and the female execs kept sending it back over and over with notes for rewrites. 'Too much Luke and he's too awesome, movie is about Rey, nerf Luke'. 'Hes still cool, nerf him more'. Etc.

Yes, this is exactly why it was rumored that JJ chose not to do Episode 2. Because the Lucasfilm writers group was horrendous and shit all over everything based purely on ideological grounds.

That writers group was formed by Kennedy. The first thing she did when she took over was fire all the men, and hire a bunch of women writers. Those writers had power over all scripts and essentially executive say in how/why things happened, they were the final say on what "fit" with the overall Star Wars story. (And again, rumor is they ran it like women...They gave no hard outlines on what they wanted, they made the guys guess and then simply rejected things until the guys began guessing right lol...)

I linked an article in this thread before these films began about Kennedy firing all the long term men, and said it was the first sign things might not go well.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
PFFFT!, its way better if it makes holes in Time and Midgets run thru them.

koPLq718hLXXXEqUyNP2FRbkv6l.jpg
man, those guys look like caricatures somebody would put into a drawing , but nobody would actually believe a person could look like.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yes, this is exactly why it was rumored that JJ chose not to do Episode 2. Because the Lucasfilm writers group was horrendous and shit all over everything based purely on ideological grounds.

That writers group was formed by Kennedy. The first thing she did when she took over was fire all the men, and hire a bunch of women writers. Those writers had power over all scripts and essentially executive say in how/why things happened, they were the final say on what "fit" with the overall Star Wars story. (And again, rumor is they ran it like women...They gave no hard outlines on what they wanted, they made the guys guess and then simply rejected things until the guys began guessing right lol...)

I linked an article in this thread before these films began about Kennedy firing all the long term men, and said it was the first sign things might not go well.

If had worked on any of these pieces of shit I would have done an Alan Smithee

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
And he’s Harrison Ford here:

WTF, Lucas now looks like he was created by the Jim Henson workshop and Frank Oz has his fist up his ass working his mouth. Being a bored billionaire is taking on a toll on him physically.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Was it Wheel of Time that had the doomsday magic where if you nuked someone with it you also erased them from history? The harder you blasted them the further back they didn't exist.

A Deathstar with a history eraser beam that was going to target the Jedi homeworld so they would never exist would have been cool!

Something like related -

EVIL TRIUMPHS AND YOU, YOU OPTIMUS PRIMAL, YOU NO LONGER EXIIIIIIIIIIST
Yes, it was Wheel of Time and was called Balefire.

Semi-related -

View attachment 239510

Those Reno 911 fellows wrote themselves a really solid book on script writing. The jokey cover aside it was an excellent read.

edit - he's a little hard on himself calling Battlefield Earth one of the worst movies of all time. It's not. It's not even close. It's one of the most famous bad movies and having written one of those ain't all that bad. Battlefield Earth is memorable with some positives and is still memorable two decades later.
Battlefield Earth IS one of the worst movie ever, it was shit from start to finish and it wasnt even the fun kind of shit (The Room) that is so bad its good. Horrible stupid waste of money and time, good god this think was an abortion.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Gals kissed? I must've dosed off, didn't see it. Most got up right after the ending. Shrug.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Obviously not Star Wars but this gives you an idea how it goes down.

Jay Mohr had a short lived sitcom way back when called Action! that was basically him playing an 'Ari Gold' before there was Entourage. He was a movie producer and it made fun of all the Hollywood shenanigans that happen when trying to make a film. The character of the writer was constantly being shit on endlessly. It was a pretty funny show and I think was famous for being the first ever prime time to have cussing in it. I wish it would pop up on Amazon or Hulu, it held up really well last time I watched.

81lxz44LySL._SY679_.jpg

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You'll have to explain to me why JJ and the Batman v Superman dude are credited as the writers...

They are the writers but the problem was Kathleen Kennedy assembled a board room of writers/consultants/gender studies(no kidding) people and called them the LucasStory Group or some shit.

They laid out a list of rules and would shred/change anything they liked. This is why JJ Abrams got the sack after the first movie because he clashed with them hard, Rian Johnson was in with the group/iger and that's why he got the movie.

Word on the street was when they begged Abrams to finish this first movie after 3 totally different cuts had been produced he said he wanted no tampering from the diversity squad but iger had final say.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1577376845531.png

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) 70%
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) 91%
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) 83%
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) 93%
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) 80%
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) 65%
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) 53%
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) 82%
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 94%
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) 93%

• 1Great Review
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 239598

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) 70%
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) 91%
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) 83%
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) 93%
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) 80%
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) 65%
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) 53%
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) 82%
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 94%
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) 93%
that score has been locked for the last 5 days.

Goatface

that score has been locked for the last 5 days.
Do you mean the Verified Audience? really don't care about that, that was just the lowest All Critics score i have seen after release. think if it gets like 6 more rotten will go down to 54

All Audience has gone up in last 3 days or so
1577385367554.png
1577385446101.png