Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If it weren't for baby yoda I'd be quite upset!
Sorry a fat white guy came up with baby yoda.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Sorry a fat white guy came up with baby yoda.

giphy.gif

Favreau is famous for being a lazy piece of shit director that is smart enough to surround himself with a ton of heavy duty talent. There is an unsung hero who came up with Baby Yoda, Favs is just getting all the glory.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Imagine the only thing going for your franchise being a obvious cash grab gimmick.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

According to IMDB, the writers were JJ, Chris Terrios, Derek Connolly and Trevorrow
Maybe it's a mistake because I think those women are in charge for Lucasfilm nowadays

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You'll have to explain to me why JJ and the Batman v Superman dude are credited as the writers...

There are always a bunch of uncredited writers on a movie script, people are fired, shit get rewritten a bunch of times, origanl writers get mad about changes want their name taken off. Sometimes the movie only has one single scene or a character name left from the very first draft.

I remember Kevin Smith talking about the last Die Hard and 35 writers worked on that script including him and they only kept a single line of dialogue he wrote.

The point of the pic I think is the script was written by committee and the female execs kept sending it back over and over with notes for rewrites. 'Too much Luke and he's too awesome, movie is about Rey, nerf Luke'. 'Hes still cool, nerf him more'. Etc.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
According to IMDB, the writers were JJ, Chris Terrios, Derek Connolly and Trevorrow
Maybe it's a mistake because I think those women are in charge for Lucasfilm nowadays
That's the Lucasfilm story group, I think they were fired after Last Jedi?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There are always a bunch of uncredited writers on a movie script, people are fired, shit get rewritten a bunch of times, origanl writers get mad about changes want their name taken off. Sometimes the movie only has one single scene or a character name left from the very first draft.

I remember Kevin Smith talking about the last Die Hard and 35 writers worked on that script including him and they only kept a single line of dialogue he wrote.

The point of the pic I think is the script was written by committee and the female execs kept sending it back over and over with notes for rewrites. 'Too much Luke and he's too awesome, movie is about Rey, nerf Luke'. 'Hes still cool, nerf him more'. Etc.

Obviously not Star Wars but this gives you an idea how it goes down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Obviously not Star Wars but this gives you an idea how it goes down.

Semi-related -

writ.png

Those Reno 911 fellows wrote themselves a really solid book on script writing. The jokey cover aside it was an excellent read.

edit - he's a little hard on himself calling Battlefield Earth one of the worst movies of all time. It's not. It's not even close. It's one of the most famous bad movies and having written one of those ain't all that bad. Battlefield Earth is memorable with some positives and is still memorable two decades later.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
My eyes rolled so hard when the ships were all equipped with planet destroying weapons.

This franchise is creatively bankrupt

What if they made ships with time destroying weapons. Like...they actually blow up time.

Someone call up Bob Iger for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What if they made ships with time destroying weapons. Like...they actually blow up time.

Was it Wheel of Time that had the doomsday magic where if you nuked someone with it you also erased them from history? The harder you blasted them the further back they didn't exist.

A Deathstar with a history eraser beam that was going to target the Jedi homeworld so they would never exist would have been cool!

Something like related -

EVIL TRIUMPHS AND YOU, YOU OPTIMUS PRIMAL, YOU NO LONGER EXIIIIIIIIIIST

• 1Worf

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Was it Wheel of Time that had the doomsday magic where if you nuked someone with it you also erased them from history? The harder you blasted them the further back they didn't exist.

A Deathstar with a history eraser beam that was going to target the Jedi homeworld so they would never exist would have been cool!

Something like related -

EVIL TRIUMPHS AND YOU, YOU OPTIMUS PRIMAL, YOU NO LONGER EXIIIIIIIIIIST

No, my idea is 100% original and I'm its original creator and I demand royalties for any use past, present and future.

Someone get me a lawyer, I got some litigating to do!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

PFFFT!, its way better if it makes holes in Time and Midgets run thru them.

koPLq718hLXXXEqUyNP2FRbkv6l.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
edit - he's a little hard on himself calling Battlefield Earth one of the worst movies of all time. It's not. It's not even close. It's one of the most famous bad movies and having written one of those ain't all that bad. Battlefield Earth is memorable with some positives and is still memorable two decades later.
What positives came out of battlefield earth? Please list them

• 1Like