Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Why in the world would they do a Rose Tico series?

Exactly what fanbase do they think that character serves? lol.

That's probably the only series that will actually get made.

If Rose was a good character who did anything useful, this would probably be the most interesting option for a series. A Ground level view of the resistance instead of the way we usually see things, through the eyes of the 4 or so people everyone reports to. I'm currently rewatching DS9, and having more time with an enlisted man (O'Brien, to a lesser extent Major Kira) provides a different view than we get in every other Star Trek show that is basically all officers. I assume the same could work for Star Wars. See some grunts doing grunt things, actually fighting the Star War. But Rose sucks. Bring her sister back to life.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a better idea:

A tv show based on those two lesbians from the ending of ROS, as long as there's plenty of scissoring action going on.

• 4Barf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

...See some grunts doing grunt things, actually fighting the Star War. But Rose sucks. Bring her sister back to life.

Yes, what we need is the adventures of Paige Tico and how she learned to love gravity bombs, in space...

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
new rumor, Disney changed JJ's final cut and spliced it with the one they wanted. another sillier rumor, they did that to fuck Abrams over even if it tanked the film. i dont buy these, but thats the new ones floating around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can absolutely believe the studio put out a cut that JJ didn't think was the best possible but ain't no one going to decide to lose money on purpose to spite him. He's competent with a willingness to do the full media cycle for a release and you might need to call on him again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
new rumor, Disney changed JJ's final cut and spliced it with the one they wanted. another sillier rumor, they did that to fuck Abrams over even if it tanked the film. i dont buy these, but thats the new ones floating around.

Despite the Iger ordered re-shoots, and Iger changes to plot points, Kennedy had final cut.

LucasFilm was confirmed to have ultimate final cut when all was said and done. What Iger did was exclude what was available for selection in those cuts. He did essentially order his own version of the movie though.

However Kennedy ultimately selected what was put out. Officially speaking, anyway. I'm sure Iger had input into what she should go with.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I can absolutely believe the studio put out a cut that JJ didn't think was the best possible but ain't no one going to decide to lose money on purpose to spite him. He's competent with a willingness to do the full media cycle for a release and you might need to call on him again.

It really seems like the fine line between "making the movie they want" and "not wanting to lose money on purpose" is very, very, very thin these days.

To the point where it also seems like these studio heads THINK their movies WILL make money despite it, ultimately, being opposite to what the AUDIENCE wants.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
My version of Episodes VII-IX

Several years of fighting followed the Battle of Endor until the New Republic routed every last Imperial faction throughout the galaxy. It is thirty years after the fall of the Empire. It is a peaceful time. Luke Skywalker has restored the Jedi Order.

Younger new characters are naturally present, two of them are Kylo and Rey, the rest I don't give a shit about. As opposed to the existing three new films Han, Luke and Leia are not supporting characters but the main ones.

A new threat unrelated to the Empire presents itself as the first movie unfolds. It is a small group, nothing like the First Order, led by someone nothing like the Sith, Palpatine or Snoke. No more fucking poetry. Time for new, original ideas. No retreading shit, no generic shit, time for being faithful to the story and its universe while being tonally consistent with the previous films.

Movie begins with Han, Luke, Leia and the New Republic. Lando is part of the New Republic, likely military. Leia is not. Instead she is in charge of the Jedi and their students. Han is a boozy prick that left his wife for the Falcon with that stupid wookie. Luke is the protagonist of these films, not Rey. Luke has been missing for years. Leia was with him when they restored the Jedi. She is now in charge.

Ben is not Kylo Ren yet but he's already getting there before the first movie begins. He has nothing to do with the new bad guys. Luke never tried to kill him, his parents also have nothing to do with his behavior. He is a petulant, weak, unstable kid obsessed with his grandfather. As the first movie unfolds he drops out, fashions for himself his suit and his saber, which is imperfectly made and seems almost ready to explode at any minute. A dangerous weapon. He ends up killing his father but not during the first film.

Rey is a character on the other side of the galaxy. She's not an orphan, her parentage doesn't matter, but as she is weaved into the larger story she will have a very important role to play.

The first film is about the New Republic, the small new bad guys starting, Rey meeting the main cast of characters, leaving to find Luke, Han coming home and Ben becoming Kylo Ren.

During the second film the threat grows as Rey finds Luke. Years ago he discovered something and went to the remote world of the first Jedi to learn more about the prophecy of the chosen one, his father, about the ones who climbed the sky and the beginning and the end of the Force. Luke left to save the galaxy. He is stronger and wiser. He teaches Rey and the history of the Force is delved into for the first time in the series. The Force becomes the main focus of the entire trilogy. There is a secret between the history of the Jedi and the Sith.

The rest deals with the good guys dealing with the bad guys until Kylo appears fully fledged, pretending to be a Knight of Ren and kills his father.

During the third film Kylo Ren is completely insane, like a petulant piece of shit if allowed to wield power. He kills the bad guys early and takes over. The rest of the movie is about him. Luke returns with Rey. Several Jedi die. Leia teaches Rey. Luke speaks to his predecessors. We learn more about the Force and Rey's connection. Luke fails and Rey kills Kylo on the ocean moon of Endor. Rey turns to the dark side, bringing with her the real return of the Sith. The ending is tragic, Luke dies fighting Rey, the final action sequence on Korriban. His death is not in vain, his will and knowledge from Ahch-To and Tython change the future. The New Republic is in peril as the last Skywalker teaches new Jedi knights about the truth as a new war begins.

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
DCEU will be going down in flames at the beginning of February.
rev-1-BOP-06543rv2_High_Res_JPEG.jpeg

LOL is that fucking real? Rosie Perez with some brass knuckles immediately destroying all possible hope for that movie, looking as threatening as a grandmother with a bowl of creamed wheat. And an asian child ffs.

A Rose Tico series would be fucking gold. It would be the cherry on top of the pile of shit Disney has become. I sincerely hope this happens.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LOL is that fucking real? Rosie Perez with some brass knuckles immediately destroying all possible hope for that movie, looking as threatening as a grandmother with a bowl of creamed wheat. And an asian child ffs.

A Rose Tico series would be fucking gold. It would be the cherry on top of the pile of shit Disney has become. I sincerely hope this happens.
you havent seen the trailer yet, i presume?

• 2Worf

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It kind of reminded me of At World's End. They just kept throwing plot at you so fast that you didn't have any time to think about it and realize it made no sense. Central mysteries from the first film were explained with throw away lines. Palpatine: "I made Snoke!", now lets move on to the next plot point. At least The Last Jedi took chances... none of them worked.. but at least they tried. This film was simply vapor.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tico Rose series isn’t the correct spelling for Cara Dune series

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mmm she loves her Captain Tightpants.

"Uhh, that is the buffet table."

"How do we know, unless we go over there and interrogate it."

• 1Worf