Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
LOL is that fucking real? Rosie Perez with some brass knuckles immediately destroying all possible hope for that movie, looking as threatening as a grandmother with a bowl of creamed wheat. And an asian child ffs.

A Rose Tico series would be fucking gold. It would be the cherry on top of the pile of shit Disney has become. I sincerely hope this happens.
Where's Granny Goodness when you need her?

Siliconemelons

Disney really needs to stop making "prequel" series for dead characters. No incentive to get invested when you know it comes dead stop and obviously won't expand the universe going forward.

It's not a Disney thing, Lucas did it.

I got that storm trooper elite squad FPS xboner game.

It showed that they made some troopers/clones different that where leaders and had more individuality etc etc.

It set up a lot of stuff and lead into the final battle of EP2 and into 3- had tie ins with books and comics filling the gaps to 3...

It essentially left the entire story, even in the game open ended and fit to be fulfilled with 3. And ends your main dude with Yoda on Kasshisk or whatever.

So... it was a cool set up that these dudes - being different, having independence etc... but nope...

They still just fall standard... don't resist the code 66 or whatever... and their entire cameo was him nodding, turning to Yoda and getting killed instantly.

After that, I have never given any weight to anything non-movie.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1578085826286.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We're going to go ahead and do a little rewind to 2016. Bring Bondurant Bondurant up to speed.

Iger talks being involved with Star Wars more than any other property at Disney.

Very hands on starting with TFA.

Source: Iger's mouth.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thru Domestic Day 14
TLJ: $464m
TRS: $417m

International
TLJ: (Total) $712m
TRS: (To date) $423m

Worldwide
TLJ: $1.33b
TRS: $0.84b

Day 14, 15, 16 did $19m each for TLJ (Thu, Fri, Sat)
Day 14 did $9m for TRS (Thu)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thru Domestic Day 14
TLJ: $464m
TRS: $417m

International
TLJ: (Total) $712m
TRS: (To date) $423m

Worldwide
TLJ: $1.33b
TRS: $0.84b

Look at all these fragile misogynistic white men around the world!

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

They may be overestimating the legs on this one. That's not a good sign. We'll know more about the legs after Friday night comes back and Saturday.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What a clusterfuck

In addition to it being a clusterfuck it's a clusterfuck with no clear path forward. They're out of legacy characters to squeeze for nostalgia and can't do another soft reboot. They can let the film franchise cool for a few years but then they pick it back up again it's going to have to be with something completely new. Those pitch meetings are going to suck.

"We really like your refreshing new take on Star Wars Mr. Writer_01 but we need more light sabers, Jedi, Sith, a planet sized death ray, AT walkers, X Wings, TIE fighters and we really really really need the Millennium Falcon to be prominently featured."

The conflict between wanting things that are familiar (and marketable) while also needing a fresh story is going to tough to navigate. If I had to plot a course I would greenlight a couple of smaller standalone films over the next few years that were each full of chance-taking with the plan being that any one of them could be the expanded in to the new franchise trilogy.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That won't happen for a few years. The losses on Solo are still very fresh.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Solo was reaction to TLJ, it by itself was imo better than TLJ. It was however "not needed" like many fans state...at least R1 people where curious as to how they got the plans and the movie butted up right to SW1

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Solo was reaction to TLJ, it by itself was imo better than TLJ. It was however "not needed" like many fans state...at least R1 people where curious as to how they got the plans and the movie butted up right to SW1

Agree.. Solo was just average, but definitely better than TLJ.

----

What do yall think is up with a lot of reviewers (RLM etc) thinking TLJ was so much better than ROS?

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I was watching Solo the other day with a friend and every time I saw Emilia start to talk I'd just fast forward until I saw some action, much better movie this way.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Masterwork
Wonderfully greebly

Treated every character with respect
Made sense of everything.

It was not only excellent but also exactly what it needed to be.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I wonder if the people who praised TLJ for subverting expectations by completely abandoning plot lines and characters, yet bitch about Rose's character being abandoned, realize what hypocritical ideologues they are.

• 2Like