Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sept rolled around, first wave rumors "NO WAY THEYRE SHOOTING. ITS JUST SOME CGI AND SPECIAL EFFECT TOUCH UPS!!"

Oct rolled around, second wave rumors "Not possible!!!!!!"

November rolled around, third wave rumors "......."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jives with the Trevorrow leaks and his oust from Rise

1594162986209.png

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Liking TFA is a clear sign of brain damage.

Yeah, my claim was always that TFA would be looked at differently if TLJ didn't do what it did. Would never claim it's particularly great, but it definitely gets tagged with the TLJ backlash.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Lol that second video, for me, shows the Shia LaBeouf on Hot Ones video. God he's such a faggot. I remember some shit when he had some flag and he was trying to hide it out in some field, and internet nerds found where it was based on flight patterns. Insane.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Lol that second video, for me, shows the Shia LaBeouf on Hot Ones video. God he's such a faggot. I remember some shit when he had some flag and he was trying to hide it out in some field, and internet nerds found where it was based on flight patterns. Insane.

VictoryLOL.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm so disappointed that nobody went after the flag when it was put up in France. When it appeared in the UK it was pretty much gone instantly.

Just goes to show how much of what we think the internet is being limited to English speaking countries and a bit of Scandinavians.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
John Boyega is a gigantic faggot so him looking like a total stooge in this dumpster fire of a trilogy is a silver lining.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I thought ROS was a fun movie but obviously was screwed over by TLJ hardcore and JJ did what he could to salvage the mess. For what he had to work with, I'm actually impressed with what he did. The entire movie would have been different if not for TLJ.

I actually liked when luke tossed his lightsaber off the cliff like it was junk. I thought he was gonna go full yoda and it'd be fun. Instead he was just a dumb cunt.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Mark Hamill improvised most of Rise of Skywalker dialogue-- as agreed to by JJ Abrams

- JJ agreed Mark Hamill can improvise all his lines and contributions to the film beforehand

- The JJ/Lucas cut before 40% of the movie was re-shot featured Luke's dialogue written by Mark

- This was removed entirely from the final cut

Not quite a Snyder cut-- as the film was never completed before Disney and Kennedy intervened. Special effects are missing and sequencing/arrangement is incomplete for half the movie. A raw cut of it was screened for Disney board members/execs in the "Vault" at skywalker ranch, and that's where most of the buzz comes from.

No figures were given by insiders on how much money releasing the Lucas/JJ cut would cost-- but they stated it would be cost-prohibitive and that parallels to the Snyder cut are wholly inappropriate.

It'd be nice to see a familiar Luke and Hayden Christensen, but it appears due to costs it'll never happen. It'd be like getting a whole new Star Wars movie ready for release.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck cares. You could do 100 cuts of The Rise of Skywalker and it won't make one bit of difference, why?
The Rise of Skywalker is not the problem, The Last Jedi is the problem.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there were many here sperging about how they couldnt wait to see this hot pile of shit. they are indeed faggots and know nothing about Star Wars. they couldnt even tell they were being handed an almost beat by beat remake of the original trilogy.

I liked 7, still do. Even though 7 wasn't original, it was fun. And the first time I saw 8, was mildly entertained. Mostly because of the effects in 3D on a big screen but I thought it was a Star Wars movie at the time. And to me a big reason for Star Wars movies is to sell toys. 8 seemed like a toy selling movie. I didn't see the problems at the time.

It took watching 8 on the small screen for me to realize how bad it truly is. The story fails hard without the big screen pyrotechnics to distract. Episodes 1-3 may not be great but they hold up better than 8 does. And episodes 1-3 sold a LOT of toys.

Abrams tried to save things but it was too late and he really doesn't have any depth beyond his shaky cam. 9 is an abortion.

In hind sight, I fully agree that the Disney movies are not Star Wars. Rian and Kennedy ruined the franchise. And I bet the Disney films don't even sell that many toys. Which pretty much kills any purpose for them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked 7, still do. Even though 7 wasn't original, it was fun. And the first time I saw 8, was mildly entertained. Mostly because of the effects in 3D on a big screen but I thought it was a Star Wars movie at the time. And to me a big reason for Star Wars movies is to sell toys. 8 seemed like a toy selling movie. I didn't see the problems at the time.

It took watching 8 on the small screen for me to realize how bad it truly is. The story fails hard without the big screen pyrotechnics to distract. Episodes 1-3 may not be great but they hold up better than 8 does. And episodes 1-3 sold a LOT of toys.

Abrams tried to save things but it was too late and he really doesn't have any depth beyond his shaky cam. 9 is an abortion.

In hind sight, I fully agree that the Disney movies are not Star Wars. Rian and Kennedy ruined the franchise. And I bet the Disney films don't even sell that many toys. Which pretty much kills any purpose for them.

I remember getting a bit of dust in my eye when I watched 7 at the cinema. It felt like I was being taken back to where 6 left off and it went a long way to erasing the disappointment of the prequels. The doubt started for me when I tried watching it on Netflix and even on the first viewing I found myself twitching to skip past a large chunk of the movie.

When I saw 8 at the movies I was probably less forgiving as I went in with a level of protective skepticism. Yeah, nowhere near enough skepticism prepared me for the level of disappointment 8 delivered. I tried watching it again recently ahead of 9 and it just made me sadmad.

• 1Pathetic