Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm pretty sure he's in charge of the Mandalorian isn't he? Filoni is certainly the bright star in the SW galaxy, I'd love to see him in charge of much more.

Nah that's Favreau's baby. Which is fine, his work is generally good.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
There's a reason you nerds are going to die alone and miserable. Sure they jacked up the SW series by not pre-constructing the story before producing the trilogy, but it's entertainment, and something to get our mind off our daily lives. Stop over-critiquing every aspect and either enjoy or can it. FFS children probably have a better time viewing this stuff because their imaginations are still fully functioning, not degraded by years of alcohol abuse or bitterness towards society.

• 8Direct to DVD
  • 3Cringe
  • 3Garbage
Reactions: 20 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Nah that's Favreau's baby. Which is fine, his work is generally good.
you're right, his role expanded to be in charge of pretty much any animated thing they do, but he is apparently director of one of the Mando episodes. Got my signals mixed there.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That wasn’t Palpatine laughing.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
13 sandy vaginas rating this movie less than a 1 star less than 16 hours after the first teaser came out.

• 5Salty
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
if Palpatine has been alive all this time because he lived through being tossed into a death star power source. then asploded, then entering a planet's atmosphere, then the cataclysmic impact, the fucking movie is over before its begun. nobody can beat something that powerful. it also destroys the original trilogy. palpatine just made this franchise irrelevant.

Watch it be something dumb like Luke ghost vs Palapatine ghost. Better yet Ray kills Emps new physical form then tags Luke in to finish his ghost form...FOR REALS REALS THIS TIME YO!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
That trailer looked pretty but it was all kinds of stupid.
Did someone really try to use a Tie Interceptor to run someone over running on foot? The only thing dumber would ahve been the guy opening a window on the interceptor and sparking up a lightsaber through it to try and hit her.
The deathstar laser dish and the emperor laugh at the end are clearly nostalgia bait.
I didnt watch TLJ and i somehow doubt I will not watch this shitshow either.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That trailer looked pretty but it was all kinds of stupid.
Did someone really try to use a Tie Interceptor to run someone over running on foot? The only thing dumber would ahve been the guy opening a window on the interceptor and sparking up a lightsaber through it to try and hit her.
It's Kylo Ren, so he might have tried that.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It's a cool image, but how the fuck does a good fraction of an intact Death Star end up anywhere but Endor? Not to mention you would think one of the thousands of ships present when it blew up would have taken notice.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
She slimmed down again

c5deac0de3fe78fd2e90f636f76e5815.jpg
Screen-Shot-2019-04-12-at-1.08.37-PM.png

You're exactly right! In ANH she looked so thin and agile, but in TLJ she definitely was heavier. I wanted to say that but didn't want to sound "knees to sharp". She looks amazing in that screenshot of the Skywalker trailer you just posted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Emperor being alive lol
Enough said about this bullshit
First scene looks so retarded, dream sequence or not.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There's a reason you nerds are going to die alone and miserable. Sure they jacked up the SW series by not pre-constructing the story before producing the trilogy, but it's entertainment, and something to get our mind off our daily lives. Stop over-critiquing every aspect and either enjoy or can it. FFS children probably have a better time viewing this stuff because their imaginations are still fully functioning, not degraded by years of alcohol abuse or bitterness towards society.

And then there are those of us who are quite successful with a bunch of kids that wanted to share the joy we took in all things Star Wars with our kids. Lucas fucked it up with the prequels and Disney fucked it up with the sequels. The expanded universe was a flicker of hope for the future until Disney scrapped it and now we just moved on to other things.

Oh, and don't give me the 'it's made for kids shit; the prequel story and acring was so infantile that it was their only excuse but if you ask any kid from that era what the ultimate movie series was when they were growing up and they will say Harry Potter. Star Wars is an afterthought to them.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You might have brain damage if you thought The Last Jedi was entertaining.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I agree, nothing more annoying on a messaging and discussion board than people discussing things they care about, enjoy, dislike, hate, while on topic on said board.

:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin:🌈

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Caliane

Its like the sonic cycle. I can't believe the visual of the deathstar, and even the hint of Palpatine didn't just make you all laugh at that idiocy, and just complete creative vacuum.

that said.. its GOT to be a fakeout. JJ has to be trolling, with his "cumberbatch is not Khan" nonsense. So, either he is just freely admitting, yet totally Palp this time. or, hes reversing, and Teasing palp, when its totally not. so, the problem is, JJ has never been that creative before... which leads to, its exactly what it looks like. While the wishful thinking version is, a Shadows of the empire version. Some, bullshit plan palp put into motion before his death, has come back to haunt everyone.

J.J. Abrams admits lying about Star Trek 2's Khan was a mistake

Last edited:

Caliane

I am a fighter pilot in an incredibly fast and versatile aircraft capable of both atmospheric and space flight.

Let's rundown some bitch. Like outright run her over even though I have space lazers and this is one of the few individuals in the entire universe who could potentially win a 1v1 vs my weapon.

I bet he's one of Kylo's Ace pilots.
Looked like they were doing it on purpose, working together.

what I don't understand is why anyone would think having Ray go Galen Starkiller and get EVEN MORE powerful, would make anyone more interested in her.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

(Waves hand like Obi-wan) “You’re an idiot”.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i would have no choice but to choose the FO. the Resistance is far too incompetent to ever be allowed any kind of power,

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do people have to be so extreme. TLJ was an abomination, we can all agree. But at the same time there is some truth to people being idiots for wasting their time shitting on something they have no interest in.

Take shit at face value and make your own judgements. Flock mentality and sensationalism is rife. There is nothing wrong with despising ep 8 but still give ep 9 a chance as a fan of the franchise.

Something isn't always better than nothing, but in this case we knew we were getting a 3 pack here. 7 was ok, 8 was the worse in the entire franchise, so if 9 is also ok it will be a colossal disappointment but at the end of the day the sequels will had been somewhat of a success (commercially if nothing else) if the ending is meaningful and satisfying in whatever way it can be.

Abrams can pull this off IMO. I'm not expecting anything truly quality, but there is an entire franchise reputation on the line here. I think he will handle with care, so "ok" is the most likely outcome, not terrible like Rian Johnsons effort.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users