Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Now that I really think about it. I don't think the Emperor is alive. When a powerful Sith dies their spirit usually corrupts the place of his death. So that could be Palpatine's spirit. However them stating there is a bigger bad than the First Order makes you think they are actually bringing him back.

Sterling

El Presidente
The Thrawn trilogy holds a special place because it was the first part of the Expanded Universe and the first non-comic post ROTJ content created. Thrawn himself is a fantastic character and that is why he got used in Rebels to good effect. Mara Jade was another great character who has never made it past the old Expanded Universe.

The rest of the Thrawn trilogy is kinda 'meh'. The insane Obi-Wan-like Borus Cbaoth, the anti-force sloths, the robo fleet manned by discount clones and a bunch of other things are just kinda silly and don't really feel like Star Wars. Leia is effectively just a Jedi-factory and serves the story mostly by being preggers for the whole trilogy along with silly New Republic parliamentary crap.

It was fine for what it was and when it was written, but I don't want to see it in movie form.
Good for a licensed series of books where most books in the same universe are shit gives it some extra points for people. Some of the characters are good/great but on the whole I think the books are highly overrated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
What I remember most about Thrawn is that it was very very obvious the author intended it to be a screenplay. All the beats were movie beats. It wasn't written as a book is usually written.

Other authors do that too and when it hits it hits big. I've only read one book by that Angels and Demons guy (the davinci code guy?) but he wrote in the same format. William Gibson wrote that way partially and would drop into some more usual form.

It changed the measure to judge it's quality for me. It was a bad series of books, but it would have been a decent series of movies. Gibsons are also good books, and that angel and demons guy are just bad both.

They should probably do Thrawn. Except I don't think they -can-. It started after ROTJ, and they've destroyed the setting Thrawn was using.

• 2Like

Cybsled

They've already introduced Thrawn on Star Wars: Rebels, so Disney has already shown they're willing to make that character part of the official universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
What I remember most about Thrawn is that it was very very obvious the author intended it to be a screenplay. All the beats were movie beats. It wasn't written as a book is usually written.

Other authors do that too and when it hits it hits big. I've only read one book by that Angels and Demons guy (the davinci code guy?) but he wrote in the same format. William Gibson wrote that way partially and would drop into some more usual form.

It changed the measure to judge it's quality for me. It was a bad series of books, but it would have been a decent series of movies. Gibsons are also good books, and that angel and demons guy are just bad both.

They should probably do Thrawn. Except I don't think they -can-. It started after ROTJ, and they've destroyed the setting Thrawn was using.

Thrawn has been missing since the year before the Battle of Yavin in the canon. Thrawn and his ship were dragged to parts unknown with Ezra at the end of Star Wars Rebels. An older Thrawn could still return with a hidden fleet or something.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They've already introduced Thrawn on Star Wars: Rebels, so Disney has already shown they're willing to make that character part of the official universe.

There is also an official Thrawn novel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hopefully Rose died on the way back to her home planet.

Rose Skywalker-Palpatine. Illegitimate child of Luke Skywalker and Palpatine's daughter Mildred. Luke found out that he'd been porking the emperor's daughter and exiled himself out of shame. Kylo wanted to cut him in half for bringing shame on the House of Skywalker, but Luke escaped. Kylo going sith and cutting down all the jedi younglets was just a lie manufactured by Luke in order to save face.

Mildred Palpatine finds out that Rei is actually Kylo's sister and cuts Kylo in half for dorking her. Leia gets upset with Mildred and have a jedi/sith battle, but Mildred easily cuts Leia in half because Leia never took the time to learn how to lightsaber despite being the demon spawn of Anakin Skywalker.

Rose finds all this out and hunts down Rei because she wanted Kylo all to herself. Mildred intervenes and cuts Rose in half because Rose is a toe-sucking moron. In the commotion, Rei escapes to a desert planet with two three suns and raises her child alone.

Mildred becomes the new emperor and builds a new death star, but with doilies.

- fini -

Or is it? cue fancy music

Fucker

Log Wizard
Here's a pic of Mildred Palpatine

1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is also an official Thrawn novel.
There's 2 out, 3rd coming this year written by the original author who was consulted for his Star Wars: Rebels appearance as well to fit the character into the new canon. It's as if the people making decisions for the cartoon and books know what the hell they are doing while the movies are a dumpster fire. Weird.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There's 2 out, 3rd coming this year written by the original author who was consulted for his Star Wars: Rebels appearance as well to fit the character into the new canon. It's as if the people making decisions for the cartoon and books know what the hell they are doing while the movies are a dumpster fire. Weird.

I mean Dave Filoni not getting a shot at more than the cartoons is a crime at this point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So basically it was in Lucas's deal that Disney they would hire 1 director to fuck up the series worse than him so people would shift their hate finally?
maybe, but Disney shares the blame for agreeing to the deal without securing a "vision" for the franchise. if i sell you a lump of shit i call a brown gold bar and you buy it. who da dummy?

long before Disney bought Lucasfilm they should have had meetings about approaching Lucas about selling the franchise. in those meetings somebody should have said, "why do we want Lucasfilm? are we just gonna rehash old content or do we want to reach a new generation of fans with a series of new films?" at that point there should have been phone calls made to writers, producers and directors about developing outlines for new films and exciting new characters. with somebody with leadership qualities to oversee it all. what they end up doing? hiring a hack to remake ANH and then a bulbous head retard to shit all over it in the sequel under the guidance of a woman who had no idea what Star Wars was about and just went with whats's trending on twitter.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I mean Dave Filoni not getting a shot at more than the cartoons is a crime at this point.
I'm pretty sure he's in charge of the Mandalorian isn't he? Filoni is certainly the bright star in the SW galaxy, I'd love to see him in charge of much more.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was her biggest critic but she's finally getting a little bit of sexual charge to her. She needs to stay dieted down.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users