Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Normally I'd definitely still be going to see it, being the last of a trilogy and all that. But with this? Reviews here and elsewhere would have to be off the charts after the failure that is TLJ

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I don't know how bad it is, I can't make fun of the one or two friends in the group who actually liked the movie?!

Really? I was making fun of Rogue One for months before I actually watched it. I still haven't seen Solo or TLJ.

Watching movies is such an antiquated concept.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Plenty of ways to watch this train wreck without paying. Like Chuck said tho, it is your money, do whatever you want with it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Plenty of ways to watch this train wreck without paying. Like Chuck said tho, it is your money, do whatever you want with it.
It's sad, because I forgot I could just torrent this (as I'm torrenting 30 movies) and not give them my A-List bucks... Maybe I will make a stand! Or maybe a group of friends will go see it, and I'll tag along, just for the satisfaction of repeatedly telling them "it was bad", when they try to convince themselves, "Uh, yeah, it was ok".

Forgive me lord, for I am weak.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's sad, because I forgot I could just torrent this (as I'm torrenting 30 movies) and not give them my A-List bucks... Maybe I will make a stand! Or maybe a group of friends will go see it, and I'll tag along, just for the satisfaction of repeatedly telling them "it was bad", when they try to convince themselves, "Uh, yeah, it was ok".

Do your friends really want to see this?

Last edited:

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Normally I'd definitely still be going to see it, being the last of a trilogy and all that. But with this? Reviews here and elsewhere would have to be off the charts after the failure that is TLJ

Last in a trilogy typically means there is an arc that you want/need to see finished, to see how it all wraps up. I'd argue this isn't a trilogy. It is three stupid movies loosely connected. Can anyone name exactly what the main, coherent driving force is between all three of these movies? I can't.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I read this in Mike Stoklasa's voice. Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule , we need a RLM reaction!

1475995810230.gif

• 8Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 10 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If I don't know how bad it is, I can't make fun of the one or two friends in the group who actually liked the movie?! Not to mention all in total, we are near 15,000 posts on Star Wars movies on this forum. Can't miss that retardation of the next 10,000. Plus, the payoff is probably worth it? If it's good? Wow, that's a surprise. If it's bad, there is the cathartic feeling of yelling at retards who actually liked TLJ etc.

Like Pantheon, this is the gift that keeps giving. Not because it's actually enjoyable.

Yeah give them money

That will send the right message regarding Star wars

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Jesus

Get new friends

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If those rumors are real this movie may actually be a bigger trainwreck than TLJ.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider

I so hope this is true.

Re-shooting up to 75% of the movie?

Rey being able to resurrect the dead and raise the Death Star?!

tumblr_nnbsej2tzO1re0c97o1_400.gif

• 2Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Leaks confirmed again, that shooting would take place up until the time the movie is required to be turned over for distribution.

What is missed in that video is, "Solo" bloated to over 500 million in production and marketing costs when they re-shot 70% of the movie after cancelling directors.

There is no fucking way Rise of Skywalker doesn't stay under 500m in costs if "Solo" busted at 500m. Solo is a smaller scale production with far less marketing dollars spent.

It's going to bloat to 700m in production and marketing, and its going to kill this franchise off. As with Galaxy's Edge-- Disney will never admit to it.

Reminder that no film has ever shot up until the month that its required to be turned in. This is a first.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actual trainwrecks are worth watching, metaphorical ones aren't. If this turns out to be on Last Jedi's level then that is the entire future of a franchise being superweaponed. We'll be in prequels and Old Republic era until it dies completely.