Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

fris

Vyemm Raider
we need a volunteer to watch this opening weekend, preferably by buying a ticket to a different movie, then reporting back to us.

not it.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If you use A-List how much, I wonder how much the studio gets off something like that? Or does AMC eat the cost?

I was under the understanding that there was no fucking way this wasn't, sadly, gonna make a solid amount of money. But if the production costs have bloated that much, maybe my one measly A-List purchase might make the difference (deciding not to go)! The 30 of us that don't go see it will make all the difference!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every overpriced concession you buy goes directly into the theaters' pocket, every dollar the kids feed the arcade room on the side does too. And then it also encourages you to shop at nearby businesses on the way home since you already made the trip.

The more times they get you in the building the more likely you are to make a purchase.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dunno if i buy those reshoot rumors or to the scale being claimed. but i can buy them reshooting stuff for a watchable trailer.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1571614986629.png

Tavana writes for several major entertainment magazines/publications.

Every leak including the Feige leak has proven accurate given time. Why would this be any different? You have no debunked leaks at this time Chuk, they just keep being proven dead-on accurate-- given enough time.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
View attachment 227384

Every leak including the Feige leak has proven accurate given time. Why would this be any different? You have no debunked leaks at this time Chuk, they just keep being proven dead-on accurate-- given enough time.

Unless these are all non CGI scenes, this is completely implausible.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Probably just some pick-ups then that they missed, like Solo right?

Royal Royal

They weren't even pick ups on Solo:

The most intriguing revelation in the piece is the fact that Howard—who the source says would shoot only a couple takes of a scene and move on, hence why he can meet that release date—did extensive reshoots, but it wasn’t added material. As opposed to Rogue One, where an entirely new third act was written and shot by Tony Gilroy, Solo’s reshoots were reportedly just reshooting stuff that Lord and Miller had already shot:

“It’s exactly the same script. They’re filming exactly the same things. There’s nothing new,” says the actor, adding: “[Lord and Miller] used whole sets. But Ron is just using parts from those sets. I guess they’re not shooting wide angle. Maybe to save money.”

The rumors for Rise are complete reshoots up til almost release. There probably are going to be reshoots, because almost all Marvel/Disney movies are slated that way now, but reshooting 75% of the movie?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 227384

thats from over a month and a half ago and i didnt deny they were doing reshoots. i doubted they were reshooting 75% of the movie with 6 alternate endings. thats just ridiculous with the film coming out in less than 2 months. i do think they are reshooting some things for the trailer so it doesnt look retarded.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's also no such thing as a non-CGI scene in a movie like this. Everything is touched up/altered somehow, and it's sounding like there's gonna be a major time crunch to be able to get everything smoothed out before release.
thats from over a month and a half ago and i didnt deny they were doing reshoots. i doubted they were reshooting 75% of the movie with 6 alternate endings. thats just ridiculous with the film coming out in less than 2 months. i do think they are reshooting some things for the trailer so it doesnt look retarded.

Is it that ridiculous when the planned future of the franchise they spent over 4 billion dollars on rests almost entirely on this movie being a resounding success?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
If you use A-List how much, I wonder how much the studio gets off something like that? Or does AMC eat the cost?

I was under the understanding that there was no fucking way this wasn't, sadly, gonna make a solid amount of money. But if the production costs have bloated that much, maybe my one measly A-List purchase might make the difference (deciding not to go)! The 30 of us that don't go see it will make all the difference!

AMC pays studios 65% on average of their average payout, I think last I heard it was around $5 a movie (no matter the time, Dolby, IMAX, etc) for A-Listers, its a pre negotiated deal. Which is also why A-List works so well for AMC, probably half the subs only see 1-2 movies a month so thats just pure profit to AMC. People who see more than 4-5 movies a month may be costing them but thats gotta be a small minority. I have essentially unlimited free times and only average 3 movies a month, most movies most months are just garbage.

I will be seeing Rise of Skywalker Friday the 19th at 10:30am, I GIVE NO FUCKS if its on the Dolby screen I pretty much see it. I look forward to a massive train wreck.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
AMC pays studios 65% on average of their average payout, I think last I heard it was around $5 a movie (no matter the time, Dolby, IMAX, etc) for A-Listers, its a pre negotiated deal. Which is also why A-List works so well for AMC, probably half the subs only see 1-2 movies a month so thats just pure profit to AMC. People who see more than 4-5 movies a month may be costing them but thats gotta be a small minority. I have essentially unlimited free times and only average 3 movies a month, most movies most months are just garbage.

I will be seeing Rise of Skywalker Friday the 19th at 10:30am, I GIVE NO FUCKS if its on the Dolby screen I pretty much see it. I look forward to a massive train wreck.

The worse this sounds the more I want to see it fail in a theatre so I don’t have the true breadth of that travestity ruined for me by memes and clips.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

If some of the friends in the social circle decide they are going to go see it at the AMC literally a 2 minute walk from my place, and we are doing nothing else (on top of the fact that we have A-List), I'm probably not gonna say "no".

I didn't realize this releases so close to Christmas, which certainly reduces the chance I see this in theaters. I'll probably have to throw up a cam version of this while away, especially once the TLJ-like audience reviews start flowing in. My father makes watching bad movies a pretty entertaining event. Wouldn't mind getting his "commentary" while watching this disaster.