Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Same I've checked out since force awakens, haven't seen any others, I was on the cover of the state newspaper cause I was such a geek I stood in line overnight to get tickets for ep1

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm ready for this LEAKED abomination to all be true:

That maybe sounds better than what I originally thought, but still not good because TLJ was just so incredibly pants-on-head terrible.

If FoH was in charge of making this movie, and trying to make it even remotely "ok". What the fuck would you do plot-wise?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Looks like typical Jar Jar Abrams crap.

Inch deep plot line, consisting of massive holes, paved over with cheap nostalgia filler, and spray painted with superb visual and lens flair effects.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Seriously, if it wasn't for spoilers all over the internet and you only had this trailer, would you have any fucking idea at all what this movie was about or what any of the characters are trying to do or accomplish?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can't even remember their damn names without serious thought

All the trailer really shows is there is some training, and fighting, and redemption for kylo, and the emperor is still the big bad. ResidentSleeper

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love Star Wars and I still haven't seen Rogue One, The Last Jedi or Solo.
still havent seen rogue one either. Solo is a decent movie, just not a star wars movie. you arent missing anything, especially now that it failed so hard they will never make a sequel to it like they teased. heres the spoiler. they taped Darth Maul's body back together and is alive at the end of the film.

iannis

Musty Nester
Rog1 has a few problems but it's about 75% a good movie. And it's a different story. A new new hope was 75% a decent movie, but it should be considering it was a remake.

Rog1 isn't terrible, it's not. It probably is the best star wars movie Disney has done. And well, while it's not terrible it's also not great, so that's not wonderful.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just not seeing anything exciting about this new trailer. The previous trailer was nothing special either, but at least it had the minor tick of interest when you hear the Emperor's laugh.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Rogue One was great, I definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it.

This new trailer has me asking what I'm even looking at? Maybe Disney doesn't even know.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
still havent seen rogue one either. Solo is a decent movie, just not a star wars movie. you arent missing anything, especially now that it failed so hard they will never make a sequel to it like they teased. heres the spoiler. they taped Darth Maul's body back together and is alive at the end of the film.

Wat? Maul's survival has been canon since 2012. He was a recurring villain in Clone Wars when they explored the Nightsisters of Dathomir and one of the main antagonists of Rebels.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wat? Maul's survival has been canon since 2012. He was a recurring villain in Clone Wars when they explored the Nightsisters of Dathomir and one of the main antagonists of Rebels.
and? that was clone wars, this was Solo, it was the literal cliffhanger of the movie. what did i say that contradicts anything from the animated show?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and? that was clone wars, this was Solo, it was the literal cliffhanger of the movie. what did i say that contradicts anything from the animated show?

Let me clarify.

Their big surprise was something that most Star Wars fans have already known about for years?

• 1Seriously?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it's a shit cliffhanger for a movie that paled in comparison even to Rogue One.
Clone Wars was the best piece of Star Wars to come out since the original trilogy and most of the people who still "believed" after TLJ to see Solo had no idea about Maul.
TRS is going to be another Solo doing a story no one asked for and hard connecting itself to the very same Solo movie because everyone fucking died in TLJ and they need a cast of extras for toys.

Rebels was still better than either, and CW last season will be too. Cartoons for teens exceed the shit they feed adults.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Graphical representation of Hollywood in 2019.

giphy.gif

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
Are we really going to get a team up to fight zombie Palpatine or is it just more bait n switch? At the very least you'll get butts in the seats if you dangle the former out there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are we really going to get a team up to fight zombie Palpatine or is it just more bait n switch? At the very least you'll get butts in the seats if you dangle the former out there.
Palpatine died in Return Of The Jedi, if they retcon ROtJ then they just fucked the entire franchise including the originals forever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Palpatine died in Return Of The Jedi, if they retcon ROtJ then they just fucked the entire franchise including the originals forever.

Wasn't that just a clone according to the EU? It wouldn't be the first thing they've brought back into canon since the Disney purchase banished it all.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wasn't that just a clone according to the EU? It wouldn't be the first thing they've brought back into canon since the Disney purchase banished it all.
i dont follow the EU, i am talking about the films. DV killed Palpy, completing his redemption arc, if thats not the case, then the OT has been ruined. thus all is lost. if its just some kind of force ghost shit then its still shitty, but at least he's fucking dead. imagine how fucking pants on head the whole thing is if Luke died, Vader died, but Palpy? nah he aight. suckers!