Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I still shake my head ( and my fist at times ) that they could have taken one of the most iconic franchises in history and ruined it, possibly beyond repair by now.

After having spent $4 billion to get it of ol' George.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I still fail to understand how people this absolutely shitty at writing continue to get jobs in Hollywood. Pulling Palpatine out of their asses after he was clearly shown to have died 36 years ago is beyond retarded. I dont even think a child would do such a thing.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
If they draw on how the dark side can "stop themselves from dying" as Palp alluded to in the 2nd trilogy, then can easily play off that. Then there's all the EU stuff about clones and what not. Maybe that's what Snoke was, in some capacity? I can't pretend to know what these people are thinking. I mean Rose is still alive.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's pure unadulterated desperation.

I think Disney realizes full well how awful TLJ was. Why they released it i'm not sure. I suppose when you spend however many hundreds of millions on a movie you HAVE to release it.

You would think that somewhere before scenes started shooting someone would have spoken up and said "You know? We can make this pretty, but we cannot make it anything except for the made-for-tv garbage that it is."

I wonder if all Rian said was "It's not what you expect!" and the suits thought "well, that's good, our data shows that star wars fatigue is starting to set in because of the predictability of the stories, so the unexpected must be good!" and no one bothered to read the complete script, they just read the few lines that they worked on.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
EHdVCLPX0AE_qs1.jpg:large

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If they draw on how the dark side can "stop themselves from dying" as Palp alluded to in the 2nd trilogy, then can easily play off that.
Theres simply no way such monumental drastic changes to your universe can hinge on a brief conversation. Thats just pure shitty writing and theres way around unless youre some fanboy blind with disneys cum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Theres simply no way such monumental drastic changes to your universe can hinge on a brief conversation. Thats just pure shitty writing and theres way around unless youre some fanboy blind with disneys cum.

Second to all the Palpatine stuff. I wonder where the Resistance of 25 people in the Millennium Falcon gets a massive fleet of ships to combat super death star destroyers that Palp's been making in his hidden garage the last 30 years.

Presumably alone because nobody knew he was alive. Or did he also recruit the Second Empire via cloning?

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If they draw on how the dark side can "stop themselves from dying" as Palp alluded to in the 2nd trilogy, then can easily play off that. Then there's all the EU stuff about clones and what not. Maybe that's what Snoke was, in some capacity? I can't pretend to know what these people are thinking. I mean Rose is still alive.
no, no, no. Palps didnt just "die", he got fucking vaporized in the reactor core. his life force shot out in a ball of fire.
3737011-9518753005-sw96c.jpg

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Always go out on high note, in this case the shrill cry of my childhood as it watches it's beloved franchise flop around in a pool of it's own shit and calling it "art".

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Not to defend TLJ's mostly shitty writing, but at the end where they're stuck in the abandonned rebel base, before they go face the AT-ATs with the silly speeders, they send messages to all their allies in the galaxy and nobody responds. So there WERE more factions, just nobody decided to help them at the time. Supposedly Episode IX will have the remnant of the Resistance gather their allies in a last battle.

If you're going to hate on something, at least try to hate on it in an informed fashion.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

That wasn't bad. Problem is you can't salvage this without some HUGE deus ex machina going on. Like they will need to bring the Emperor back along with Yoda and Darth Vader. Chalk it all up to Darth Plagueis hooking em all up in the Force whost world...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This part of the preview made me do a double take. We are now initiating mounted combat against a star destroyer?? I suppose you have to use whatever is available but this wreaks of toy promotion rather than just common sense in script writing. That one scene easily sold me on not going to see this. It was not a hard sell mind you, since after the last movie there was no way I was going to give this franchise a penny for the new one.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
amc testing blockbuster pricing with this movie, they are tacking on a $1.50 surcharge for every ticket (no extra fees for A-List tickets... for now?)

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 4 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still fail to understand how people this absolutely shitty at writing continue to get jobs in Hollywood. Pulling Palpatine out of their asses after he was clearly shown to have died 36 years ago is beyond retarded. I dont even think a child would do such a thing.
It's one of dumbest writing plot lines I've ever seen.
JFC it's so bad I just feel the need to laugh lol

The trailer doesn't do anything for me, I don't feel anything, good or bad. Completely irrelevant.
But kylo bringing daisy ridley to palpy so he converts her to the dark side... Errrrrrr I think I've seen this shit before, I don't know hmmmmmm hmmmmmm hmmmmm

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I still shake my head ( and my fist at times ) that they could have taken one of the most iconic franchises in history and ruined it, possibly beyond repair by now.

After having spent $4 billion to get it of ol' George.
Disney didn't spend 4 billion to save Star Wars. Disney spent 4 billion to chew it up and spit it back in our faces. Just like they love to turn child actors into raging whores and even talented broadway class actors into drunken lunatics, Star Wars was always about you are not allowed to succeed without us.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
amc testing blockbuster pricing with this movie, they are tacking on a $1.50 surcharge for every ticket (no extra fees for A-List tickets... for now?)
Is this for real? Blockbuster fee?!