Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would argue against that. there are plenty of stories where knowing how things end completely devalue the journey.

but i'd also argue that rise of skywalker is already ruined more than spoiling the ending could accomplish

Jive Turkey

Karen
If a movie's merits only exist within the realm of you not having seen or heard of the ending before then it's a dogshit movie. A good story is a good story regardless of whether or not you know how it all wraps up. A spoiler tag is only as useful as the level of story that you're watching. If the only thing that might keep you interested is the surprise of the ending then just wait a few minutes and take a shit, that will surprise you just as well

This is retarded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
but i'd also argue that rise of skywalker is already ruined more than spoiling the ending could accomplish

I don't disagree. But I'm also probably going to see it and if not knowing what happens is the only thing to elevate my interest, I'd like to not know. You guys wouldn't be doing this in any other movie thread
(the general 'you'. I'm not sure if you been posting spoilers or not)

• 1Barf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Don't read the fucking thread if you're going to see the movie on release.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 9 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Don't read the fucking thread if you're going to see the movie on release.

Are you guys seriously this fucking retarded? You only read threads for movies you've already seen? REALLY?

This is why people can't stand scorned nerds. You're insufferable

• 2Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If the movie has been released anywhere in the world and there's a chance people may be discussing it why would you click the thread if you're the kind of person who gets sensitive about their movie going experience being "spoiled". And if you believe "rumors" or leaks are always de facto truth the same goes.

Stay away from the thread, have a coke and a smile, and shut the fuck up.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you have a right to bitch about spoilers on a franchise this god fucking awful.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Are you guys seriously this fucking retarded? You only read threads for movies you've already seen? REALLY?

This is why people can't stand scorned nerds. You're insufferable

No you shmuck, it's YOU that needs to read threads for movies you've already seen, cause apparently you get rustled about reading open rumors.
The rest of us don't have a problem with rumors hence why we're still in here talking/reading about the movie before release without spoilers.
What else do you think people will be talking about in the thread dedicated to Rise of Skywalker?
Maybe go have a discussion in the Star Wars general purpose movie stuff instead?

The Emperor dies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If the movie has been released anywhere in the world and there's a chance people may be discussing it why would you click the thread if you're the kind of person who gets sensitive about their movie going experience being "spoiled". And if you believe "rumors" or leaks are always de facto truth the same goes.

Stay away from the thread, have a coke and a smile, and shut the fuck up.

in general i'd agree... except the movie HASN'T been released yet... i mean, actually all signs point to it not quite even being finished yet.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nobody has hype for the movie and wants it to fail, so it's spoiler discussion.

If more than one person cared then spoilers would be enforced like they were for e.g. the Game of Throne thread.

Basically nobody has bothered to call a mod on in it for weeks.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
this movie will suck massive dick

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus, this thread got completely retarded in one page. Most of the last dozen posts read like a live Housewives/cat meme. Or that American Chopper meme. Either/or, what the hell?

But, to stay on apparent topic, you DO have to be a little dumb to read an extensive discussion thread about a movie you don't want spoiled. I also don't understand how anyone shits their pants about spoilers anymore anyway, it is one of the fundamental, foundational precepts of the internet - spoil everything.

Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense is dead for most of the movie. SPOILER BITCH.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
y'all must have seen this movie to know if those rumors are real or not. they are not spoilers. why is everyone losing their shit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
y'all must have seen this movie to know if those rumors are real or not. they are not spoilers. why is everyone losing their shit?
They are very specific rumours and the Game of Thrones leaks were all true so I'm in the mindset of it being legit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Endgame leaks only came out 1-2 weeks in advance, but other leaks like Game of Thrones which came out months ahead of time pegging it as bad have proven true. Ep9 ones have been coming out for long time and new leaks + official sources are not contradicting them.

With zero context the reshoots alone should be troubling, but with more information we know it's a mad scramble to try and save.. something? It's going to be bad.

Jive Turkey

Karen
No you shmuck, it's YOU that needs to read threads for movies you've already seen, cause apparently you get rustled about reading open rumors.
The rest of us don't have a problem with rumors hence why we're still in here talking/reading about the movie before release without spoilers.
What else do you think people will be talking about in the thread dedicated to Rise of Skywalker?
Maybe go have a discussion in the Star Wars general purpose movie stuff instead?

The Emperor dies.
You literally wouldn’t do this with any other movie. You’re sad Rian Johnson ruined your movie franchise and your throwing a tantrum by not using spoiler tags. In every other movie thread, rumored spoilers would be spoiler tagged. They used to even be in this thread. Quit being a bitch

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Rumors have always been spoiler tagged. You’re full of shit if you say otherwise.
You guys not doing it is the nerds version of burning down a city because the cops shot a guy who pulled a gun on them. It’s a childish temper tantrum. Just add spoiler tags like you do in every other movie or TV thread. It’s not difficult or unprecedented. Jesus Christ, you’d think I was asking you to wash your anime pillows

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD