Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Only on the internet are spoilers to shit no one will watch are demanded.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Holy fuck you guys, if this was any other message board I would be begging someone to close this thread now. This is gonna get Shaw'd soon, and wouldn't that be something - a Star Wars thread in the fucking Shaw.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Girls, girls.. They are not spoilers because it's all conjecture and autistic theorycrafting. We all know the movie will be a steaming pile of feminist dogshit, and people are just hypothesizing whether the lumps in the turd are going to be nuts or corn.

Stop shitting up a shitty thread about a shitty movie with shitty whining about spoilers and go watch The Mandalorian instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I can't fathom how anyone would give a shit about having this spoiled.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Girls, girls.. They are not spoilers because it's all conjecture and autistic theorycrafting. We all know the movie will be a steaming pile of feminist dogshit, and people are just hypothesizing whether the lumps in the turd are going to be nuts or corn.

Stop shitting up a shitty thread about a shitty movie with shitty whining about spoilers and go watch The Mandalorian instead.

I see it like this: We're all clearly going to watch the movie one way or another. The people consuming all the spoilers and autistic theory crafting who are going to watch it anyway even though they hate it is the equivalent of knowing Kathleen Kennedy has been up for 72 hours in her gym clothes but still saying "I know you haven't changed since going to the gym 3 days ago. Ya, I'll still eat your ass, but I'm not going to like it". I might also be eating her ass, but I'm at least hoping she might surprise me with a shower first.

I just can't imagine why someone would want to spoil what could maybe be their only sense of enjoyment - not knowing what is going to happen - but still watch it anyway. That's the definition of Kennedy having your by the pubes and no amount of "I pirated that shit!" is going to change that. If these goons really don't care then they should actually show some principles and skip it all together

And yes, the Mandalorian dumps all over this trilogy. The sooner Favreau takes over the franchise the better

• 1Salty
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I see it like this: We're all clearly going to watch the movie one way or another. The people consuming all the spoilers and autistic theory crafting who are going to watch it anyway even though they hate it is the equivalent of knowing Kathleen Kennedy has been up for 72 hours in her gym clothes but still saying "I know you haven't changed since going to the gym 3 days ago. Ya, I'll still eat your ass, but I'm not going to like it". I might also be eating her ass, but I'm at least hoping she might surprise me with a shower first.

I just can't imagine why someone would want to spoil what could maybe be their only sense of enjoyment - not knowing what is going to happen - but still watch it anyway. That's the definition of Kennedy having your by the pubes and no amount of "I pirated that shit!" is going to change that. If these goons really don't care then they should actually show some principles and skip it all together

And yes, the Mandalorian dumps all over this trilogy. The sooner Favreau takes over the franchise the better

If someone had spoiled TLJ for you, would it have diminished your enjoyment of it? Did anyone during that film pull the equivalent of a "surprise shower" despite the spoilers?

If anything, if someone had spoiled the Space Jesus Leia scene for me, at least I would have been able to restrain my open laughter during the movie, and saved my fellow viewers the audible guffaws.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck does anyone not know how this movie can end or still care, it is going to be SHIIIIIIiiiIIIiiiIIIiiiT! Seriously, she saves the galaxy from the evil kylo-renis/gollum/Skeev or whatever the fuck they decided to start calling Emperor Palpatine (I dont give a fuck what book its from, it's terrible that they brought him back just to make sure he is dead for sure like every other character.) that is going to use EVIL WEAPON to destroy INNOCENT PEOPLE and flat face saves everyone and loses NOTHING.

Oh, except leia, whom she just met 6.5 minutes ago, which still isn't a spoiler because bitch is dead. Any other relationships she would have with any other character is so forced and empty that it is beyond ridicule to take it seriously. She spends no time with anyone, can't fucking act, and never has to need anyone because she is a mary sue.

Bigger spoiler, Leia SuperSkyWalker dies giving her strength in the force to flat face can't actress mary fucking sue. The only shock would be if they do kill off Lando, Chewie, servo, and crow because it would show just how hate filled and spiteful they are to the fans of the original franchise. And they would be killing off the only black man of importance from the original trilogy (not including Vadar, Chasing Amy handled that discussion best)

I am sorry for you 1% who still give a shit, I am but seriously fuck you on top of that for even thinking of giving these assholes money for taking a shit on a beloved franchise for no other reason than pure greed hiding behind sjw nonsense.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
If someone had spoiled TLJ for you, would it have diminished your enjoyment of it? Did anyone during that film pull the equivalent of a "surprise shower" despite the spoilers?

If anything, if someone had spoiled the Space Jesus Leia scene for me, at least I would have been able to restrain my open laughter during the movie, and saved my fellow viewers the audible guffaws.

No, not that movie because it was virtually void of anything surprising. But lets say the Kylo/Rey teamup actually lasted longer than 2 minutes and changed the course of the trilogy into something semi-interesting. I would've been annoyed had that idea already been put in my head.
Same thing with Han dying in the first one.
Maybe the Falcon blowing up would've been somewhat impactful since it's been such an iconic ship since my childhood. Maybe that would've been the only part of the movie that afterward I would've said "man, the movie was shit, but that part was pretty cool. RIP". Not anymore.

Someone mentioned Game of Thrones. That show went out like a wet fart. Doesn't mean that I wanted the way it ended to be told to me before hand. And people used spoiler tags for leaks and rumors.

I just don't see the big deal about using spoiler tags like in every other thread that has ever existed on the forum. But whatever. Don't use them if it makes everyone happy

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I’m still wondering if my eyes made an audible thud as they rolled to the back of my head.

Also: LOL @ being called a nerd in a SW thread on a defunct MMO forum by a virgin!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
No, not that movie because it was virtually void of anything surprising. But lets say the Kylo/Rey teamup actually lasted longer than 2 minutes and changed the course of the trilogy into something semi-interesting. I would've been annoyed had that idea already been put in my head.
Same thing with Han dying in the first one.
Maybe the Falcon blowing up would've been somewhat impactful since it's been such an iconic ship since my childhood. Maybe that would've been the only part of the movie that afterward I would've said "man, the movie was shit, but that part was pretty cool. RIP". Not anymore.

Someone mentioned Game of Thrones. That show went out like a wet fart. Doesn't mean that I wanted the way it ended to be told to me before hand. And people used spoiler tags for leaks and rumors.

I just don't see the big deal about using spoiler tags like in every other thread that has ever existed on the forum. But whatever. Don't use them if it makes everyone happy

Shrug, if it's actually a semi-confirmed leak put it in tags. If it's just autistic theorycrafting or rumors, who gives a shit.

Not that I plan on seeing this movie in the theaters, but if the rumor of an exploding Millenium Falcon is true, then I will be thankful as the nerd rage that would invoke sans spoiler would be off the charts. Like orders of magnitude of old man rage greater than the rage that was induced when discovering that Luke's end was basically a time buying force fart suicide.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Shrug, if it's actually a semi-confirmed leak put it in tags. If it's just autistic theorycrafting or rumors, who gives a shit.

Not that I plan on seeing this movie in the theaters, but if the rumor of an exploding Millenium Falcon is true, then I will be thankful as the nerd rage that would invoke sans spoiler would be off the charts. Like orders of magnitude of old man rage greater than the rage that was induced when discovering that Luke's end was basically a time buying force fart suicide.

Beyond this movie, from a practical point of view, who gets to decide when a movie or TV show is so bad that it doesn't warrant spoiler tags on possible leaks? If someone thinks the Mandalorian is shit, it's cool if they just go ahead and post whatever they want in there? The only reason it's happening in here is because of some people's sense of righteous indignation. The only tenable approach is to treat all threads the same

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I mean at this stage couldn’t Leia, Luke or Rey be the Skywalker? Or maybe it’s Anakin’s force ghost to come finally put down Palpatine or Palpatine’s clone or Darth Plagueis or whatever. Oh shit, SPOILERS!

Even with GoT, everyone was a contender for the Iron Throne, I’m sure Bran’s name got dumped by someone and people were just like, uh ok, yeah, who has a better story than Bran? /eyeroll

The fact that people are more interested in seeing this fiasco play out vs the actual movie is all the indictment anyone should need.

It’s dead Jim. And the collective nerd kingdom has decided they dgaf about spoilering rumors. Anyone upset with that is actually going against the grain and should either avoid the internet or accept the cultural shift.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Beyond this movie, from a practical point of view, who gets to decide when a movie or TV show is so bad that it doesn't warrant spoiler tags on possible leaks? If someone thinks the Mandalorian is shit, it's cool if they just go ahead and post whatever they want in there? The only reason it's happening in here is because of some people's sense of righteous indignation. The only tenable approach is to treat all threads the same

If someone posted a leak, or actual script snippet, or discussed what happened in the last episode of the Mandalorian that would be a spoiler.

If someone just hypothesizes, or said he overheard at the local comicon, that baby Yoda will forge a doomsaber and rape the Mando blacksmith with it, that's not a spoiler.

There's a difference between a show that is playing now, and one that has yet to be released.

• 4Like

iannis

Musty Nester
No I wouldn't actually, because if I didn't want to a movie to be spoiled.. I would, get this, I know, it might be hard, but stay with me on this, not read the thread!......
Rumors and speculation don't bother me, doesn't matter what movie or book or show or game or whatever, they seem to bother you so maybe you should stop being the bitch and stop reading the thread until the first week of the movie, when the real spoiler posts should be up.

In the meantime guess we can talk about something more productive and safe for you, how about Rey's butt?

View attachment 234654

Do you also go on twitter and tell those people to spoiler their tweets too?

That's a weird dress. It's got a boobie curtain. And I can't decide if that red strap is a bra strap or part of the dress. It seems like it's a braless dress, so i'd think it's a bra strap. But that's high and wide for a bra strap. And why wear a backless tan dress and a red bra? FASHION CONFUSES ME. You're sending me such mixed messages, daisy. I bet you're not even british!

And I doubt I will watch this movie. TLJ was enough for me. It took me years to watch clone wars and revenge of the sith, too. And honestly I only did that AFTER watching the plinkett reviews. Phantom was that bad. TLJ was worse. I don't watch 90% of the shit on netflix either. I'm sure that there is someone out there who actually enjoys it. I am not that person.

So when it comes to spoilers about this or rumors or production talk, put me down in the don't care column. It's the only interesting thing left about this project. A post mortem of how things can go so wrong so quick. The only thing interesting about it is how bad it is and why. That's very different than being good.

Last edited: