Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are people that rank TLJ the best of all the moves. Some of them are relatively prominent youtubers. Prominent, as in reviewing Star Wars movies. This one is almost up to 500k subs.

If you have a few hours to waste going down a rabbit hole, EFAP reviewed her Joker review.
Leave her alone, her reviews are really entertaining and she picked TLJ apart like everyone else did.

I'm going to guess she is trolling somewhat, I've never heard her utter a single SJW word in her reviews.

For the other comments, Joker doesn't make sense if you think about it, people who are not underprivileged white men probably don't have the same suspension of disbelief. I thought it was great though.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the twitter sharks would, doxx, block chain and cancel her if she doesnt toe the line. the one chick Ana, The Star Wars Girl was devoured by the twatter gang for bad mouthing Dark Fate or Batwoman.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I pay almost no attention to YouTube and Twitter movie reviewers, but if that list resembles anyone's genuine opinion, it's the most bizarre example I've ever seen. You could throw each of those movies into an RNG for a full day and you might not get anything that jumbled.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leave her alone, her reviews are really entertaining and she picked TLJ apart like everyone else did.

I'm going to guess she is trolling somewhat, I've never heard her utter a single SJW word in her reviews.

For the other comments, Joker doesn't make sense if you think about it, people who are not underprivileged white men probably don't have the same suspension of disbelief. I thought it was great though.
Sounds like rationalizing. Her "but I found things to hate too!" sounded like hedging her bets.

I never said she was SJW. I would say she one of those "muh themes" reviewers.

Siliconemelons

There are people that rank TLJ the best of all the moves. Some of them are relatively prominent youtubers. Prominent, as in reviewing Star Wars movies. This one is almost up to 500k subs.

If you have a few hours to waste going down a rabbit hole, EFAP reviewed her Joker review.

That ranking is just pure trash... lol R1 is better than TFA and TLJ hands down... heck I would say even SOLO is better than those two.

Any ranking that even INCLUDES TLJ is wrong

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The new-new star wars movies were fucked from the start with the poor choice of Baddies.
The fucking Order ? That is just a copy of the Empire. But it is even more powerful, with the Death Star planet. Get the fuck out with that unimaginative shit. Maybe a weaker remnant of the Empire with some daring plan for revenge... but not ”an even more organized than the Empire” Empire copy, what the hell ?

The little detail in that one Mandalorian scene, with the banged up and clearly defeated Stromtroopers, that is how you portray the reality of what happened in the StarWars universe after the Return of the Jedi And now are they really bringing the Emperor back ? Fuck off you piece of unimaginative shit.

I am just bored at work and I am ranting aimlessly, I know, but fucking up StarWars actually hurt me more than fucking up Game of Thrones, and I fucking love Game of Thrones. Dont know why, maybe because we had 7 good and decent seasons of GoT, but only 6 hours of good StarWars.

And George Lucas fucked the prequels so bad too... How can you fuck up the clone wars and the turning of Anakin into Darth Vader ? Quite easy it seems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm misrememering but I though she went through all the same negative taking points about TLJ everyone else did.
She starts off the review anticipating the main complaint will be length. Which she hand waves away since it didn't bother because she was "enjoying each individual scene". She does this alot, invalidating criticism with her feels.

So if you liked the Force Awakens, you will really like this movie. And I think you will like it three to four times more than the Force Awakens

Still think that tweet is a troll/joke?

Upon watching her reviews yet again, I think I was too soft on her initially. She doesn't really hedge anything at all. She does list some valid criticisms, but they almost seem by chance.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When this Disney+ thing launched last week, I re watched all the SW movies chronologically and I gotta say even the first 3 movies were lacking. But of course im not a movie critic nor do I want to be one but I think my favorite is still empire strikes back, but man, watching those fight scenes in a new hope was almost laughable. They did get better as the series went along And yes it was a fucking marvel of effects using 1977 tech of models and stop motion animation and other methods without computers and CGI, but still the story was still made for kids, like all these movies are from beginning to end. The difference is that in 1977-mid 1980s this was like the only good sci fi shit we had. Now kids are flooded with this shit and this star wars stuff just does not hold up. Well I guess it does for some since all these movies still rake in millions and why should they change the formula if the last two movies made them the most money.

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

I have no idea who this chick is, but picking TLJ as the best Star Wars movie and saying "The fan conduct toward Rose/KMT was shameful and catering to those fans sends the worst message" sounds pretty fucking SJW to me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When this Disney+ thing launched last week, I re watched all the SW movies chronologically and I gotta say even the first 3 movies were lacking. But of course im not a movie critic nor do I want to be one but I think my favorite is still empire strikes back, but man, watching those fight scenes in a new hope was almost laughable. They did get better as the series went along And yes it was a fucking marvel of effects using 1977 tech of models and stop motion animation and other methods without computers and CGI, but still the story was still made for kids, like all these movies are from beginning to end. The difference is that in 1977-mid 1980s this was like the only good sci fi shit we had. Now kids are flooded with this shit and this star wars stuff just does not hold up. Well I guess it does for some since all these movies still rake in millions and why should they change the formula if the last two movies made them the most money.
the OT was a bit clumsy and campy but so were most of the films at that time. Jaws is still a classic and the shark in that movie is the most lol thing ever. you need to start from somewhere and as corny as some of the SW shit was, it was nothing to how silly scifi was back in the 1950s and earlier. the thing was it was original and honest. even though it did borrow from Flash Gordon a good bit.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

This is seriously a crack baby if they think 8 was the best and R1 was the worse, there's a lot of bad movies in this franchise to choose to be last, R1 ain't the one.

• 2Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Anything more than Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi is just pointless.
Why wont people just ignore every crap made after 1983?

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anything more than Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi is just pointless.
Why wont people just ignore every crap made after 1983?
Because theyre dumbass fanboys who cant let shit go.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
get hype!
960x0.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 4Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users