Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
War and Peace-sized post

I agree. And I guess I did mention SJW in the middle of nowhere because 125 out of 145 pages of this thread are seemingly people posting pictures of Kennedy wearing a "The Force is FEMALE" t-shirt and foaming at the mouth. I just happen to not consider this as "Star Wars doesn't want me anymore", I just see it as Kennedy being a goddamn retard that will get retired / demoted / moved / epsteined for mishandling a multibillion dollar franchise (or fail her way up, who knows..).

Just because I don't let it bother me or ruin my life doesn't mean I don't notice when Hollywood types are trying to be cool and trendy by redoing all-female-remakes like Ghostbusters 2016 or Ocean's 8.

Anyway, we've discussed this to death, we agree on some things and other things we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
If we're gonna fantasize, let's fantasize that Abrams was never allowed to shit on the SW franchise in the first place.

I still maintain that TFA wasn't that bad! You can't sit here and tell me it was riddled with bullshit and stupidity like these last two were. If you care and can give me a sound argument that TFA was crap, I promise you Gav I will listen and hear you out (it wasn't perfect and I'm sure you could dish out some gripes but all in all it wasn't the trainwreck we have on our plates now).

JJ isn't the problem here. True story, the first thing out of my mouth after the film was over was "I feel sorry for JJ" because I knew he was going to get shit on for this Titanic sinking but please tell me WHAT director COULD salvage this pile of horseshit? Because the film (TROS) itself is visually and cinematically beautiful (albeit not deep... he's no Chris Nolan) but of course it just completely sucks due to massive course correcting and plot holes and stupidity and Mickey Mouse hammering their ideas to be included in the film I bet.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I agree. And I guess I did mention SJW in the middle of nowhere because 125 out of 145 pages of this thread are seemingly people posting pictures of Kennedy wearing a "The Force is FEMALE" t-shirt and foaming at the mouth. I just happen to not consider this as "Star Wars doesn't want me anymore", I just see it as Kennedy being a goddamn retard that will get retired / demoted / moved for mishandling a multibillion dollar franchise (or fail her way up, who knows..).

Just because I don't let it bother me or ruin my life doesn't mean I don't notice when Hollywood types are trying to be cool and trendy by redoing all-female-remakes like Ghostbusters 2016 or Ocean's 8.

Anyway, we've discussed this to death, we agree on some things and other things we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well, sure, I agree. But the thing about retards is they live by ideologies; that's all ideologies are; shortcuts so people don't have to spend as much time processing decisions, but you can still get the socially acceptable answer. Everyone needs them, because we all can't be experts on everything. But people who rely on them to the point that they have to proselytize them constantly? Well, there is a high correlation between them and being retarded. And the problem with a culture dominated by a single ideology is that retards begin to climb in that culture not based off merit, but rather based off how virtuous they appear by pushing that ideology. I believe Kennedy is one of those retards. And I think woke culture has a direct, causal relationship to why she's controlling a billion dollar franchise instead of organizing/background work (Which she seemed to be good at).

Over time people begin to associate those powerful ideologies with retards like Kennedy that aggressively ruin shit. And they start to reject the ideology, because clearly any cognitive shortcut that lead to something so cancerous needs to be evaluated. Its why people focus on the force is female shit, its like looking for signs of a cult. It's doesn't mean 100% its going to be bad or even that the cult itself makes things bad, there is just such a high correlation between places where the cult feels good enough to openly preach and terribleness that it becomes a useful heuristic. Some people get angry because the pattern seems so easy to see they wonder how its been able to do so much damage. Meh, can't really blame them--its super frustrating. Especially when you have a fan base that is really easy to please (Example: The Mandalorian, its at best decent/good, but people fawn over it. Making beloved SW movies should not be hard.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I still maintain that TFA wasn't that bad! You can't sit here and tell me it was riddled with bullshit and stupidity like these last two were. If you care and can give me a sound argument that TFA was crap, I promise you Gav I will listen and hear you out (it wasn't perfect and I'm sure you could dish out some gripes but all in all it wasn't the trainwreck we have on our plates now).

JJ isn't the problem here. True story, the first thing out of my mouth after the film was over was "I feel sorry for JJ" because I knew he was going to get shit on for this Titanic sinking but please tell me WHAT director COULD salvage this pile of horseshit? Because the film (TROS) itself is visually and cinematically beautiful (albeit not deep... he's no Chris Nolan) but of course it just completely sucks due to massive course correcting and plot holes and stupidity and Mickey Mouse hammering their ideas to be included in the film I bet.

He's a fucking no-talent hack with zero creativity and no respect for the IPs he uses. He just copies shit he's seen before and cranks it up to 12 because 11 isn't loud enough. Michael Bay would have made better Star Wars movies.

• 3Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
My favorite movies of all time are alien and aliens. Lead female. Best fight at the end of aliens is female on female.

You could cast an irish man for the lead role of this latest trilogy and it would still be an empty flaming pile of shit.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Every fucking scene is JJ copying other movies then going, "what if we upped the power levels to max + 100% and add lens flare?!?" and you retards are in here acting like this movie is bad because of the last movie. Oh wait no, you morons liked it because shiny things and action keep you entranced like simpletons. It happened in his Star Trek films, it happened in TFA, and now it's happened again.

"JJ isn't the problem here."

giphy.gif

What the fuck have I said about SJW bullshit? That's not JJs problem, him being a fucking rip off artist without understanding what he's ripping off is the fucking problem, that and you fuck nuts thinking its good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watch this scene, how anyone gives JJ a pass on TFA beyond me.

Hmmmm, I will bite...

TFA was an opened end cleanse of the pre-quels that set the stage for what should have been two awesome episodes to follow. The first fucking line was, "this will begin to make things right." However, Kathy and Rian shit all over all the softballs JJ gave them in TFA with TLJ. No one that I know denies that it was a near clone of ANH, it was safe and borderline preamble to what should have been the real story. It was character introduction that left you wanting more. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hmmmm, I will bite...

TFA was an opened end cleanse of the pre-quels that set the stage for what should have been two awesome episodes to follow. The first fucking line was, "this will begin to make things right." However, Kathy and Rian shit all over all the softballs JJ gave them in TFA with TLJ. No one that I know denies that it was a near clone of ANH, it was safe and borderline preamble to what should have been the real story. It was character introduction that left you wanting more. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

Why do people use this fucking excuse all the time? Yes it was a clone of ANH BUT it was setting up new characters? Oh ya no fucking shit, i guess you can't set up new characters and write them in a way that really want you to see more WITHOUT copying scene for scene A new hope he?

This is such a cop out, TFA was completely unoriginal and uninspired in potentially THE Vastest lore filled universe minus may be tolkien's middle earth. You get the key to fucking star wars with all the potential and you tell the SAME FUCKING STORY? but OH THE DEATHSTAR IS THE SIZE OF A PLANET NOW CHECK THIS OUT.

Fuck off.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Why do people use this fucking excuse all the time? Yes it was a clone of ANH BUT it was setting up new characters? Oh ya no fucking shit, i guess you can't set up new characters and write them in a way that really want you to see more WITHOUT copying scene for scene A new hope he?

This is such a cop out, TFA was completely unoriginal and uninspired in potentially THE Vastest lore filled universe minus may be tolkien's middle earth. You get the key to fucking star wars with all the potential and you tell the SAME FUCKING STORY?

Fuck off.
So you repeat what I wrote, acknowledged, admitted too, explained and call it an excuse and then tell me to fuck off. /sigh Try and respond next year after you finish 8th Grade.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So JJ is to movies like a rapper is to music? He only samples others works and dials it up to LOUD and stupid? Gotcha.

Well I hate rap for this very reason LoL.

• 4Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Left me wanting a lot less Abrams actually. At least there was vision and passion behind the prequels.
News Flash: Gavinmad Gavinmad doesn't like JJ Abrams.

Thanks for posting this because I might have missed it in every other post for the past 30 pages.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like Layne Staley wrote Rooster about the Star Wars franchise, knowing Disney would keep it alive forever.

You know he ain't gonna die.

What a prophet.

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So you repeat what I wrote, acknowledged, admitted too, explained and call it an excuse and then tell me to fuck off. /sigh Try and respond next year after you finish 8th Grade.

What the fuck in TFA left you wanting for more? More death star? Sun sized this time? They should have just used TFA as a reboot at that point, that's how unoriginal and copy paste that dumb shit was.

Every moron that wrote 'ya it was a reshoot of ANH but it was goooood' is the reason why we got the fucking trilogy we got. Don't need to graduate 8th grade to know those movies are heaping piles of shit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

looks like $190-195m opening. By comparison TFA was at $248m and TLJ was at $220m. ROS is also bombing hard in China.

Gonna be a profitable movie no matter what and cross $1b but Disney has to be a little mad that a franchise that could have been MCU'd into an annual cash cow is now on the drawing board and is gonna need a few years going back to square zero under a better hand.

Also pretty sure this means any Rian Johnson trilogy is DOA, the CEO of Disney pretty much said he doesn't want to do trilogies with Star Wars anymore.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
With all the tinkering they had to do i'm wondering what the final budget for this abortion was. It'll still end up in the green unfortunately, too big to fail.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck in TFA left you wanting for more? More death star? Sun sized this time? They should have just used TFA as a reboot at that point, that's how unoriginal and copy paste that dumb shit was.

Every moron that wrote 'ya it was a reshoot of ANH but it was goooood' is the reason why we got the fucking trilogy we got. Don't need to graduate 8th grade to know those movies are heaping piles of shit.
giphy.gif

I am not defending the whole trilogy quit acting like I am. TFA is in no way responsible for the atrocity that was TLJ and like I have said before JJ was fucked in so many ways that RoS was doomed before they even started. But dude seriously you are a Badass! like for real!

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users