Starbound

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know shit about this game or terraria but my friend just bought it for me so I guess I'm gonna give it a go

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I think something is broken. You go from a 10 dps starter weapon to crafting your first weapon that does like 78 dps and 1 shots everything. Since I crafted my weapon I haven't met a creature I didn't 1 shot.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Steel crafted weapons do over 5000 dps. They broked shit hehe. Oh and I killed the spaceship boss in like 8 hits with iron bow.

Elerion

N00b
Seems weird that they can't fix that by just adjusting the default DB entries for those weapons, unless every weapon generates a unique DB entry when crafted. Then again, I'm no programmer.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Seems weird that they can't fix that by just adjusting the default DB entries for those weapons, unless every weapon generates a unique DB entry when crafted. Then again, I'm no programmer.
Yeah I'm wondering why it is this way from a design/programming standpoint, if they just haven't gotten around to future-proofing it yet or its something else.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It may be advantageous for them to reset everyone when they re-balance so the early content gets tested along with the later content. Though from a player's standpoint, I'm sure its irritating.

The hazards of early beta...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So characters are stored server side in Starbound? Or would an old character save file be incompatible after the patch?

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
They are wiping for a reason, so I'm sure your old character save file won't work. I'd even expect another wipe today after the latest patch that gets rid of god weapons, although it's not confirmed.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was really looking forward to this, being a huge Terraria fan. Kind of glad I held off on purchasing it right away after reading about the rough launch they've been having. I'll probably buy it in 1-2 weeks when they have a chance to iron out the initial problems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was really looking forward to this, being a huge Terraria fan. Kind of glad I held off on purchasing it right away after reading about the rough launch they've been having. I'll probably buy it in 1-2 weeks when they have a chance to iron out the initial problems.
It's not a launch. It's early beta. But yeah I'm holding off a bit, probably pick it up next patch when they do the first balance pass.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I'm glad for the wipe. The first time me and my friend traveled to a new planet, I found two boss creatures on the surface..dropped ridiculous purple weapons. One was called Diver's Horror..white, shot a cone of bubbles. Other weapon was a bone axe that shot exploding bones. It's dumb that walls/doors don't block weapons or even projectiles when standing against one.. Makes dungeons/surface buildings near danger free. Took any challenge out of the game.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
You can't attack through walls in the latest patch. Also, they really screwed around with ore now. I find shitloads of silver, gold, and platinum, but can't find any coal to save my fricken life which is ridiculous since they made it so you can't use wood as ship fuel anymore.