Starbound

Game is getting daily updates now on the website, i cant remember the last time i couldnt wait for a game like this

Today they posted a video of a ship FTL'ing to a planet

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agree with balroc. I hope that sequence is skippable, otherwise this just demonstrates it takes forever to zone.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah that was the most retarded thing to put out. So it takes a good minute and a half to simple zone from planet to planet? I mean it isn't a deal breaker for me but I agree I hope that is a skippable sequence. As much as I love sitting on my hands watching scrolling text for a solid minute.

Venijk

You can at least move the window they have stuck over the ship, and I would assume walk around and do stuff while that's going on. I know with Terraria there was always some shit that I had to do in the home base so despite a minute and a half it wouldn't be killer.

Tho I agree long unskippable periods of nothing are silly.

Caliane

are you guys forgetting how long it takes to generate/load a world in terraria/DF/any of these games? They are just masking it in game, instead of having a loading screen.

Tenks

are you guys forgetting how long it takes to generate/load a world in terraria/DF/any of these games? They are just masking it in game, instead of having a loading screen.
I think everyone was well aware it was a disguised loading screen .... The issue is it took 1.5 minutes to load on, what I assume, is a high end PC. It feels like it could be optimized.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Don't need no damn RUMORS >
frown.png

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hope it's available for pre-purchase once beta starts. I'd like to get in on beta testing but would rather make the transaction through Steam.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can watch streams on twitch anyway, there's a couple playing the game and apparently the beta starts in a few hours(9-10AM PST or so) so there will be more. There's some very interesting changes to the terraria concept I found, like being able to dual wield which is great(can have a flashlight+weapon, can dual wield weapon, can have axe+pickaxe etc).

Incredibly stoked for this game. I bought Terraria during a steam sale earlier this year not knowing a damn thing about it and fell in love. I think I have more hours played on it than any other game in my Steam library.