StarCraft 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty fun games to watch. I liked how Serral grinded small advantages over time to end up in lategame with like 2-3k more gas than his opponents, especially against Rogue.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I was really rooting for Serral after seeing him just dominate all of the WCS and GSL vs the World. The next best non-korean would probably be Special I would say. Serral is a beast and will be the best for a long time coming but Reynor(16y/o) is another non-korean youngster that is coming up that I will keep my eyes on.

Goonsquad Officer
I check the thread to see if new missions/pve junk.

Only to find esport stuff :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing with Tychus and boy is he most boring piece of crap ever. Literally zero reason to ever split your Mercs. Zerratul doesn't look much better.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Co-Op Commander: Zeratul Giveaway! • r/starcraft
Our Blizzard CMs have given us 10 Zeratul Co-Op commander keys to give away 😱

The raffle will run for 7 days from the time of this posting, and as usual there are a few rules:

• Reddit account must be 24 hours older than from the time that this thread gets posted.
  • No alt accounts, please. Inactive, multiple-year accounts will have their comments removed.
How to participate:

Just comment here- we use a reddit script to randomly pick 10 users from this thread.

Raffle ends 26th of November 2018

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meh clicked on this thread instead of Star Control Origins by mistake. I momentarily thought Hyper Melee (or whatever it's called now) went e-sport

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took the new coop commander Zeratul to level 15 in the last couple days. I think he is mid-tier to slightly weak compared a lot of other commanders.

His 'find artifact' mechanic is just annoying. If you play on Brutal (why would you play anything other?), you are always addressing some objective or attack wave. It isn't convenient to pull your hero away from your army and send him to the other side of the map on a scavenger hunt.

I dunno, I wasn't a fan.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Zeratul is an army commander with a named unit and practically no macro. Assimilators get auto-built and auto-mine meaning all you need is probes for minerals, his entire building lineup is 2 production buildings, 3 tech buildings, and cannons. There are no upgrades to research, each relic simply gives +1 to everything and unlocks the abilities and bar powers. Zzzz easy mode commander.

The only mini-macro game is literally figuring out where the picture is on the map (can abuse queued rally points with another unit which shows up on the picture btw). The rest is picking an elaborate specially trained unit composition that best counters enemy attack waves. Or in other words: is it zerg with banelings? No? Press buttons.

Masteries simply power up attack speed, lower relic timer, and make the calldown 350 minerals. I find the turret for the first relic power is OP as hell on some maps considering it's a 13 range AE stun and you can instantly slap down 2 of them at the start. Warp prism movement also helps for the bigger maps and multiple wave fronts, use them wisely.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really need an Overmind coop commander to be next. You could do so many cool and creative things with that.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zeratul is an army commander with a named unit and practically no macro. Assimilators get auto-built and auto-mine meaning all you need is probes for minerals, his entire building lineup is 2 production buildings, 3 tech buildings, and cannons. There are no upgrades to research, each relic simply gives +1 to everything and unlocks the abilities and bar powers. Zzzz easy mode commander.

The only mini-macro game is literally figuring out where the picture is on the map (can abuse queued rally points with another unit which shows up on the picture btw). The rest is picking an elaborate specially trained unit composition that best counters enemy attack waves. Or in other words: is it zerg with banelings? No? Press buttons.

Masteries simply power up attack speed, lower relic timer, and make the calldown 350 minerals. I find the turret for the first relic power is OP as hell on some maps considering it's a 13 range AE stun and you can instantly slap down 2 of them at the start. Warp prism movement also helps for the bigger maps and multiple wave fronts, use them wisely.
Tesseract Turret is awesome, but if you're doing a map that requires breaking and entering, the shard that disables buildings and massively slows enemies is pretty much GG defense.