StarCraft 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

So basically Mana managed to beat it by using it's propensity to bring back large chunks of army to defend against harassment. People are also arguing if the kind of "zoomed out" mode the computer uses to interact with the map is a "map hack" or not, even though the devs kind of suggested that it focuses on areas similar to a human using the mini map. Will be interesting to let it have another few weeks to tune up.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Also I am not entirely sure TLO and Mana are 'top pros' in the scene anymore. I watched part of it and didnt see any Korean's or Serral at least.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Well the AI won in ways you would expect it to, inhuman micro and battle outcome predictions.

The most interesting strategic thing it came up with is that it seems to think in PvP overproduction of probes and maynarding is more effective than an earlier expansion.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
GSL is back boyz however there's a missing finnish boy why? Why wouldn't you take it to them on their homeland?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also I am not entirely sure TLO and Mana are 'top pros' in the scene anymore. I watched part of it and didnt see any Korean's or Serral at least.
TLO offraced protoss as a zerg main. Alpha went 1500 APM bursts over five seconds as well, with every action being meaningful to boot. This is superhuman speed by a factor of ten at least.

We all know Starcraft is all about controlling your units better. Remember this video?

There's a genius move in this whole thing, and it's exactly downtuning Alpha's APM to the point where most players don't realize how much faster he is than the humans. Any less APM and he'd have lost over and over, too much APM and people would just dismiss it for the same reason we'd dismiss an AI that pulled the siege tank move up there constantly.

You know what Alphapeople? call me when you can make a Civilization AI that can defeat me on King difficulty, i.e. the one where the AI and the player are playing the same game. No god mode speed will help you there.

Besides, SC2 is dead to me because it doesn't support 2560x1080.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
THE KONG IS DEAD

soO finally won one. The emotions, the tears. This is why SC2 is the best

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man the last time I watched something with Ncontrol was cooptional with Totalbiscuit. Now they are both dead. That's pretty depressing actually.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Apparently he was having issues with infection last month or so it goes. Not sure if it was related or not.

Haven't really thought about him until now and now I"m remembering the good old SC2 days. RIP.

Cybsled

Some tweets by people close to him mentioned something about a staph infection. Wouldn't surprise me if he developed sepsis.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pulmonary embolism sounds more likely, he was struggling with clotting problems in the past and infection surely didn't help.

RIP.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This is such a fucking sad thing, between him, artosis & day9 back in the day i got really hooked on the SC scene.

Very sad loss for esports :(