StarCraft 2

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does Sheth still compete? I loved watching his stream but it looks like he hasn't streamed since December. Seems like he casts more now

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
His wrists started hurting and he was (is?) trying to lose some weight, so he isn't playing that much. I'm not sure when he is coming back though, he wasn't that amazing and the skill level is only getting higher, so he might turn into Incontrol.

Looking at the MLG bracket I get flashbacks to open seasons of GSL, you know quite a few of those matches will be simple stomps.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Gameplay is still top notch, the story is wearing it's pants on it's head.

Pretty much every mission is a bit different and the achievements for optional objectives are great and make you change the way you approach the mission.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gameplay is still top notch,the story is wearing it's pants on it's head.

Pretty much every mission is a bit different and the achievements for optional objectives are great and make you change the way you approach the mission.
so....the same as the previous game.
oh blizzard....you fucked it up big time.shame!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The main gripe with the WoL campaign is story, and for me, the lack of any real "RTS" maps/missions. Every fucking mission has some kind of gay-ass gimmick (usually timed) that keeps you from being able to just sit back and fuck around, which is sorely missed from SC/BW.

I've only played three HotS missions, but it's already seeming same or worse. Fuck you Blizzard!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind the gimmicky stuff that adds pressure, at least that means you have to hurry and can't dick around.

If by that you mean "replay mission on normal because achievement goals are almost impossible on brutal". Most achievements are just "get the mission done really well". There's no gimmick achievement I recall, at least in the first 5 or so planets that I've done so far.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think some of the gimmicks were cool. They went overboard though, as new-Blizzard seems to do so often, and made every mission include something.Somemissions that are just "build up and crush your enemy" are kind of required for an RTS campaign, IMO.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats what happens when MLG forces participation by region and not actually the best players

Tenks

Outside of a few specific missions when you can't I've taken the 2base max Corpser Roach + Hydra and a-move the map. Brutal in WoL actually required you to think a bit but I'm not getting that in HOTS. Probably since in WoL they really limited your cash flow but in HOTS you can very easily max out and just wander the map with a kill squad.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
and it gets even dumber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38MM7A1deM

check out minutes 5:15, 14:00, 23:00 and 27:00 to see what is "real time strategy" today
wink.png

please, name the War 3 campaign mission that is even remotely comparable to the video up there.
I don't get it? That looked like fun.

wink.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
His wrists started hurting and he was (is?) trying to lose some weight, so he isn't playing that much. I'm not sure when he is coming back though, he wasn't that amazing and the skill level is only getting higher, so he might turn into Incontrol.

Looking at the MLG bracket I get flashbacks to open seasons of GSL, you know quite a few of those matches will be simple stomps.
Right, never thought he was absolutely amazing either but he was fun to watch. Guy literally never got mad.. unless he was playing LoL. I remember the wrist injuries and thinking that's what happens when you play video games 12 hours a day, are possibly obese, and most definitely have diabetes (watch how much water he drinks). Oh well, I guess I will find someone else to watch.

Caliane

and it gets even dumber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38MM7A1deM

check out minutes 5:15, 14:00, 23:00 and 27:00 to see what is "real time strategy" today
wink.png

please, name the War 3 campaign mission that is even remotely comparable to the video up there.
the dialogue... ffs.
we diablo3 now.

anyone have sales numbers? please tell me D3 fiasco, and SC2 itself, hurt sales alot.

Reading this thread sure doesn't sound like it. A whole lot of. , "well, Im going to get it anyway"

wink.png

Tenks

Went on a marathon today and beat the campaign. Not sure why everyone is bitching it wasn't great but wasn't terrible. My real gripe is that it was too damn easy. I beat it on Brutal and I think the only time I failed a mission was

The boss battle with the original zerg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the dialogue... ffs.
we diablo3 now.

anyone have sales numbers? please tell me D3 fiasco, and SC2 itself, hurt sales alot.

Reading this thread sure doesn't sound like it. A whole lot of. , "well, Im going to get it anyway"
because we mostly get it for multiplayer, but it wouldn't hurt if they fucking tried not to copy WoW like every other video game studio these days.