Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't done the pirate questline, what's actually useful from their ship vendor? Can't seem to find a YT video showcasing it either, which is bizarre.

This is my Razorleaf in its final form:

Made an album so I can rebuild it in NG+, but now I'm curious if there's actually any further improvements to be made with pirate parts.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The important parts from the Pirate faction are 2 modules, 1 increases lock on speed, and one increases shield regen I think.

1695404470528.png
1695404484795.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I still haven't done the pirate questline, what's actually useful from their ship vendor? Can't seem to find a YT video showcasing it either, which is bizarre.

Made an album so I can rebuild it in NG+, but now I'm curious if there's actually any further improvements to be made with pirate parts.
It's probably explained in a walkthrough of the quest line, but it's two components you acquire during the story for different reasons and both are pretty unique and provide some so e great buffs for your ship. If you go a certain path in the story you'd have access to them on any ship, but if you make a different decision only get the two originals, and they're relegated to whatever ship you put them on during the story.

Vorph

Ah ok. So just make sure to get the Mantis stuff done first then. I don't bother using any other ship as a base anyway. At least not one I fly, Frontier gets turned into a massive cargo barge but with the dumb way the game moves your shit around there's no need to ever actually fly the thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ah ok. So just make sure to get the Mantis stuff done first then. I don't bother using any other ship as a base anyway. At least not one I fly, Frontier gets turned into a massive cargo barge but with the dumb way the game moves your shit around there's no need to ever actually fly the thing.
Is there a particular part you have to keep from the Razorleaf to keep it "the Mantis' ship" or is it literally just as long as you start with that base and deleting everything doesn't matter?

I ask because my Frankenstein ship started as a Spacer Hyena, and I had been going around slapping random modules on it to walk through, grabbed the cockpit I intend to use, etc. Somewhere along the way its name changed to what you see below. Clearly it started as a Hyena, as I would have had to go through a ton of effort to fake that ship, but I definitely never changed the name, as I wouldn't have picked that in a million years.

So at what point does a ship stop being the Razorleaf? Or anything else for that matter?

20230922112739_1.jpg

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Also, might just be me, but I still can't click on Imgur albums and get anything but a grey screen on the other end. No fucking clue what is going on there, even a different unaltered browser doesn't work.

Vorph

So at what point does a ship stop being the Razorleaf? Or anything else for that matter?
Never. There is a bug that renames stolen ships to something completely unrelated though. I had it happen with the Railstar I took from some colonists at the very beginning of the game, one time I loaded up a save and it was called Ecliptic something or other.

Also, might just be me, but I still can't click on Imgur albums and get anything but a grey screen on the other end. No fucking clue what is going on there, even a different unaltered browser doesn't work.
I'm actually having that problem in Vivaldi right now too. I even logged in and reuploaded the album and tried to share it again and it still doesn't work. It's fine in Edge on the same PC though, as well as in Vivaldi on my phone.

Here's the main screen of my Razorleaf:
Starfield-2023_09_22-17-15-43.png

You can see there isn't a single piece left of the original ship, but enemies still react to me being the Mantis all the time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Someone posted this guys outpost vid way back in this thread and I used it for my first outpost to try out and get some xp from it as well. His latest just popped up on my youtube feed and holy shit, not that I have any interest in going that far into outposts but this is pretty insane:

• 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Never. There is a bug that renames stolen ships to something completely unrelated though. I had it happen with the Railstar I took from some colonists at the very beginning of the game, one time I loaded up a save and it was called Ecliptic something or other.

I'm actually having that problem in Vivaldi right now too. I even logged in and reuploaded the album and tried to share it again and it still doesn't work. It's fine in Edge on the same PC though, as well as in Vivaldi on my phone.
I'm using Vivaldi as well, but tried an untouched version of Chrome I keep at work for problem websites. I just tried Edge and yep, it works perfectly. Good to know.

I wonder if you can rename the Razorleaf as well as completely delete all of its components, and still have it be the "Mantis" ship.

Vorph

I'm using Vivaldi as well, but tried an untouched version of Chrome I keep at work for problem websites. I just tried Edge and yep, it works perfectly. Good to know.

I wonder if you can rename the Razorleaf as well as completely delete all of its components, and still have it be the "Mantis" ship.
Yeah, renaming it is about the only thing I haven't done. I don't think it matters though. There's just some hidden tag on the ship that will always make them react to it.

I also just found the solution to the imgur problem. Apparently they pushed a beta of the site that is broken in a lot of browsers, but you can opt out of the beta by going to this link: Imgur

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, if that's going to be the ship you keep for it's unique trait, then you should be fine, just don't accidentally delete the modules like I did. I just got done upgrading my star eagle last night to mess around with, but will probably go back a d overhaul the mantis ship again. Trying to maintain a semblance of the original aesthetics, while making logical upgrade decisions with whatever the ship predominantly uses. It's fun and looks like you're doing something similar.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

I renamed mine and deleted a lot of the original components,and it still triggers. Think I'm only got maybe the cockpit, some landing gear, and couple structure pieces from the original.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Mantis afaik has the only unique trait of scaring spacers

However many quest reward ships have unique parts you can’t get elsewhere

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The Mantis ship does. On occasions spacers and pirates will say shit it's the Mantis and flee. Kind of funny. I think the explorer has a unique hab. Not sure about any others.

I had one spacer hail me and beg for mercy and ended up shuttling almost 4,000 credits to me before I blew them out of the sky anyway.

Mantis also allows you to get past contraband scanners to some extent.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh thats not tied to a specific module then as i had that happen even though i deleted every module it came with to start from scratch on a new design.

So fucking dumb theres no build a new ship option.

• 1Solidarity