Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks great, especially base building and ship customisation. Concerned by the thousand planets to explore comment though… getting NMS ptsd. Would like several detailed feature rich planets vs 1000 open moons w fuckall to do but we’ll see

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They'll bring in the army of cheap interns for planets probably. Maybe start with procedural and sprinkle decorations and goodies about.

I'm mildly interested. Looks more fallout than skyrim and I skipped the last fallout.

They still can't do hair or skin or faces. I don't know why they don't just take the top skyrim mods and just hire those people. That hair is worse than what japanese devs were doing on the ps1.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That robot needs to shut up narrating though. Yes the only building I see out in the distance you are right robot it may indeed be in this direction.

Remind me to scrap you later.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Why are they still using Gamebryo ... come on You fucks are part of ID, USE THE FUCKING TECH.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My god the ship and base building mods are going to be absolutely LIT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, the base/ship building looks fucking cool. My favorite parts of the more recent Fallouts was the base building, so glad they are going fullbore with this in Starfield.

Looks like 3 factions from the trailer: UCC, the space "Texans", and the Pirates. I'll be curious to see what the advantages of each faction are. Like if we used Fallout4 as a reference, UCC will probably be like Institute/BoS, the "Texans" will be like the Minutemen/Diamond City, and Pirates will be like the Raiders.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks great, especially base building and ship customisation. Concerned by the thousand planets to explore comment though… getting NMS ptsd. Would like several detailed feature rich planets vs 1000 open moons w fuckall to do but we’ll see
It certainly looks like NMS overall. 1000 planets sounds like re-using assets and fairly generic "empty" planets just for ressource gathering and such, with only the core planets for the main quest and some sidequests being fully developped, which makes perfect sense, it'd be weird for every single planet to have fully developped civilizations and such.

Looked nice enough, will need to see the finished product though.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
From the background traits in character creation, it looks like they're leaning heavily on roleplaying. Traits for being raised in various space religions; one that will have your parents exist as NPCs you can interact with, but you're sending 10% of your paycheck back home to them; being able to start the game owning a house, but you have a mortgage with the space bank, etc. We'll need to see just how much these kinds of things will impact the experience, but I'm liking the mindset behind it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, the base/ship building looks fucking cool. My favorite parts of the more recent Fallouts was the base building, so glad they are going fullbore with this in Starfield.

Looks like 3 factions from the trailer: UCC, the space "Texans", and the Pirates. I'll be curious to see what the advantages of each faction are. Like if we used Fallout4 as a reference, UCC will probably be like Institute/BoS, the "Texans" will be like the Minutemen/Diamond City, and Pirates will be like the Raiders.

The building part is what has me somewhat excited also. I loved it in FO4 and it sucked it wasnt in F05 at all iirc. I never bothered with 76.

• 1Seriously?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The building part is what has me somewhat excited also. I loved it in FO4 and it sucked it wasnt in F05 at all iirc. I never bothered with 76.
There wasn't a Fallout 5 what're you talking about lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There wasn't a Fallout 5 what're you talking about lol

You are completely right. I am confusing it with farcry 5. Oops my mistake. I had to really dig into my memories then my steam library to try to remember what game it was where I was in some place like montana with a bunch of crazy hicks.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Calling it, this is gonna be a mix baby of Skyrim + No Man's Sky + Fallout + The Outer Worlds + Scam Citizen

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Calling it, this is gonna be a mix baby of Skyrim + No Man Sky + Fallout + The Outer Worlds + Scam Citizen
So you're "calling" a thing that everyone just watched? You've got a career in economics ahead of you!

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

there's no way I'm giving Todd more money after the travesty that was FO5. Nobody buys FO for a real money auction house, or roguelike card collecting.

Cybsled

It actually is going to be pretty hilarious if this game ends up hitting on lots of things Star Citizen promised and it causes the last surviving whales to snap out of their delusions

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was a bit worried that it was gonna be somewhat Space Opera-ish with wacky races and psionics and stuff but it seems to be a very much hard sci-fi Foundation style game.